Analyzing the Arizona Shooter | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Analyzing the Arizona Shooter

Part of the problem with mental health, however, is unless the state votes on it no one can be really be committed against his or her will unless they commit a crime - and there are enough HIPPA and FERPA laws (college university law) that people *can* get lost in the cracks. It's sad, really; by the time such folks are seen as a danger to society, it's usually too late to do something though the signs may exist.

Okay, lets not start throwing around INTJ jabs here...
It would seem that he is schizo. He is at the right age for a young man to be clinically diagnosed with schizophrenia. Men are susceptible between the ages of 19 to about 26 for a diagnosis of this mental illness. When someone starts to feel, see, and hear things that aren't "sane/normal" they litterally don't understand that something is wrong with them.

I helped someone who had a mental problem like this and the doctor asked him--"you know how you dream at night but that isn't real?" They said "yes". The doctor said, "well sometimes your mind can fool you while you are awake like in a dream. So can you believe that those voices you are hearing aren't real?" The person looked at the doctor and thought about what he said and replied "No, the voices are real".

From what I have read, it sounds like this guy went down the path of schizo and didn't get the medication and help he needed to stop his dangerous fantasies or whatever.

It's a tragedy for all involved

Wasn't Gabrielle Giffords about to help push through an impeachment of Dick Cheney for lies he told which took the USA into war in Iraq?

Unfortunate that such a key person in that impeachment process has now been silenced (i hope she can recover, the poor woman)

Will we see any justice for the crimes committed by the Bush administration and their flaunting of the US constitution?

^Yeah I guessing he'll be diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia or maybe schizoaffective disorder. His writings are full of loose associations that don't make much sense. It's common for schizophrenics to believe that someone or something else is controlling their mind, or they're controlling someone else's mind.

Loughner is clearly a Paranoid Schizophrenic.

based on what I've read about his life and behavior before he went insane I would guess ENTP.

How could you possibly begin to assess his mbti type?

Agreed. I mean, you could speculate, but even then you can't really in a case like this. Largely because MBTI is for people who aren't mentally ill. You have to remember mental illness is one of the only factors that can actually change someones MBTI type, and sometimes it can go so far as they can't be clasified anymore.