Am I an INFJ or INTP? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Am I an INFJ or INTP?

Are you sure you were honest and discriminating in answering the questions? Because the most probable type that I can glean from the results doesn't really seem like how you presented yourself.
I am being honest it's just my views aren't the nicest really i think there right just not nice I'm friendly to people that are friendly to me.

Are you sure you were honest and discriminating in answering the questions? Because the most probable type that I can glean from the results doesn't really seem like how you presented yourself.
What type do you think I am?

Ginny, I assume you have used the keys2cognition test more often. Is it likely that someone is an INFJ while their test results show Fe as their least used function?

I would say it's impossible, but I would also say that Fe is not easily captured by functions tests. No function is, but Fe... I at least, have never seen it being satisfactorily captured into question, although - on the surface - it should perhaps be one of the easiest.

Have you considered that perhaps you’re a different “type?” I’ve scored INTJ before as well as INFP on occasion depending on my mood.

Also, a dummy once told me, “MBTI isn’t real.”
My mom is an INFP so no I'm not at all like that I am caring like my mom but everything else is darker in a sense.

I am being honest it's just my views aren't the nicest really i think there right just not nice I'm friendly to people that are friendly to me.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant that you are being honest with yourself. You did say that you have issues with coming off as arrogant.

What type do you think I am?

It is hard to say, but I think I can rule out some types, even if I cannot precisely pin it down. Your test results are inconclusive, and this is optimistic. I'd say they're not representative of you but of your self-image, which is not quite the same.

I would say it's impossible, but I would also say that Fe is not easily captured by functions tests. No function is, but Fe... I at least, have never seen it being satisfactorily captured into question, although - on the surface - it should perhaps be one of the easiest.

You did see my results for that test, right :)?

My mom is an INFP so no I'm not at all like that I am caring like my mom but everything else is darker in a sense.

These last posts lead me to believe that I was right in some sense, namely that you definitely have Fi (vs Fe) in your stack. The test was right about that. Logically then you have Te in your stack. This in itself rules out INFJ and INTP. Of course, I won't rule it out completely for now, but it is impossible for me to stress in writing how small the probability+feeling is. Perceiving functions aside, there is still something bugging me, and this is the unusually high Ti. And this is what made me ask again if you really think you answered the questions correctly.

Ignoring Ti, your results speak in favour of INTJ, but you are way too self-involved to come off as an Ni-Te dom. If you had as high a Ti as your results say, it would speak for INTP, but as I stated before, this is very unlikely, not just because of the low Fe vs Fi (which could be explained), but because of the low Ne (compared to Ni).

These are just two examples, but I think you can see now how impossible your results are, leading me to no other conclusion than either you being dishonest with yourself, which you stated you were not, or you being incredibly unhealthy and confused. The latter would lead to the former, you needn't even notice.

Analysis aside, or not, how would you classify "darker" and how would you say you were influenced by your "depression", as you said before?

I didn't mean it like that. I meant that you are being honest with yourself. You did say that you have issues with coming off as arrogant.

It is hard to say, but I think I can rule out some types, even if I cannot precisely pin it down. Your test results are inconclusive, and this is optimistic. I'd say they're not representative of you but of your self-image, which is not quite the same.

You did see my results for that test, right :)?

These last posts lead me to believe that I was right in some sense, namely that you definitely have Fi (vs Fe) in your stack. The test was right about that. Logically then you have Te in your stack. This in itself rules out INFJ and INTP. Of course, I won't rule it out completely for now, but it is impossible for me to stress in writing how small the probability+feeling is. Perceiving functions aside, there is still something bugging me, and this is the unusually high Ti. And this is what made me ask again if you really think you answered the questions correctly.

Ignoring Ti, your results speak in favour of INTJ, but you are way too self-involved to come off as an Ni-Te dom. If you had as high a Ti as your results say, it would speak for INTP, but as I stated before, this is very unlikely, not just because of the low Fe vs Fi (which could be explained), but because of the low Ne (compared to Ni).

These are just two examples, but I think you can see now how impossible your results are, leading me to no other conclusion than either you being dishonest with yourself, which you stated you were not, or you being incredibly unhealthy and confused. The latter would lead to the former, you needn't even notice.

Analysis aside, or not, how would you classify "darker" and how would you say you were influenced by your "depression", as you said before?
When I'm depressed I'm completely cold I don't act nice I don't try to be polite I utterly don't care about anything but I do care about my gf everyone annoys me and I easily say it. I I really was honest on that test I know myself as a balance of feeling and thinking I imagine times I did a certain thing and what I usually do. (Example: do I want my kid to be intelligent or Caring my answer would be intelligent a) it is unlikely in life that a kid would be only one meaning if I choose intelligence it doesn't mean he won't be caring it just means he won't be really good at it b) if I had to still choose one or the other intelligence would win it would help him overall in life.)

When I'm depressed I'm completely cold I don't act nice I don't try to be polite I utterly don't care about anything but I do care about my gf everyone annoys me and I easily say it. I I really was honest on that test I know myself as a balance of feeling and thinking I imagine times I did a certain thing and what I usually do. (Example: do I want my kid to be intelligent or Caring my answer would be intelligent a) it is unlikely in life that a kid would be only one meaning if I choose intelligence it doesn't mean he won't be caring it just means he won't be really good at it b) if I had to still choose one or the other intelligence would win it ould help him overall in life.

By sentence 3, that is not a reply anymore which actually contributes to this conversation. It doesn't help me to help you at all.

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
By sentence 3, that is not a reply anymore which actually contributes to this conversation. It doesn't help me to help you at all.
I apologise I'm having a bad day I will try not to be annoying. What do you think I am though? What are the options?

Be patient and read back. Then do the math.
I didn't mean it like tell me so I can know I meant like what you personally think or how far you have gone in your calculations not as like do it already to rush you.

I can't tell what I don't know. I believe your perception of yourself does not correspond with reality and therefore I have too little information to go on, generally speaking. The results of your test imply NT, and I have established with a 70% certainty you're on the Fi-Te axis, but that can still be anything.
I could try a different approach (it got me somewhere before), but I am not sure if I can trust your ability to be as informative as you need to be.

I can't tell what I don't know. I believe your perception of yourself does not correspond with reality and therefore I have too little information to go on, generally speaking. The results of your test imply NT, and I have established with a 70% certainty you're on the Fi-Te axis, but that can still be anything.
I could try a different approach (it got me somewhere before), but I am not sure if I can trust your ability to be as informative as you need to be.
I will be honest and I think I have a good understanding of who I am but I question myself but I do know what I feel in a sense I know I'm not that caring and that's because of my environment and childhood.

The question would be: what ticks you off the most? What is the thing which you resent other people can do and secretly wish you could? Both ought to apply to the same thing.

The question would be: what ticks you off the most? What is the thing which you resent other people can do and secretly wish you could? Both ought to apply to the same thing.
The thing that ticks me off the most isn't the same as the thing I may be jealous of. How can I tell you what ticks me off the most if it has to have something to do with what I'm envious of when there completely different things for me. I could tell you what ticks me off the most but it would be different from the thing I am envious of or I could tell you the second thing that ticks me off the most which has also something to do with what I am envious of (if it's confusing tell me to cut it in half)

The thing that ticks me off the most isn't the same as the thing I may be jealous of. How can I tell you what ticks me off the most if it has to have something to do with what I'm envious of when there completely different things for me. I could tell you what ticks me off the most but it would be different from the thing I am envious of or I could tell you the second thing that ticks me off the most which has also something to do with what I am envious of (if it's confusing tell me to cut it in half)

It may not, or you may not know (yet). Just the first question then. Oh, almost forgot, this pertains to the behaviour of other people (towards you).

It may not, or you may not know (yet). Just the first question then. Oh, almost forgot, this pertains to the behaviour of other people (towards you).
When bs happens to me when things just aren't right they aren't the way they should be, there unfair.

The
Problem is the fact that I only felt jealous once. I am just not that type of person I don't look at people like that.

Last edited:
When bs happens to me when things just aren't right they aren't the way they should be, there unfair.

This is not people-related really, but merely you don't like being in control, feeling as if the universe (or just a selected few) is against you. This isn't behaviour. What I meant was a certain kind of behaviour.