Am I an INFJ or INTP? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Am I an INFJ or INTP?

Has anyone here ever used the tests of IDRlabs (former celebrity types website)? What is the validity of those tests?
Anyway, IDRLabs has a set of tests to determine between type X and Y specifically. Here's one for INTP vs INTJ:

https://www.idrlabs.com/test/intj-or-intp.php

Reactions: Free
In that case you are still lying, because you also said that your mother was ENFP.
My mother is an extrovert. I'm doing multiple things at the same time, I could be an INFP she is definitely an ENFP. I was just being honest when I said you are smarter than most woman I have met.

I have been reading about MBTI for the last few months and I can not decide what I am. Am I a INTP or INFJ. Some things about me: I am interested in coding, ever since I was a kid I was interested in the unknown mostly UFOS I feel like that's weird but I just am most things are boring to me I don't want to draw or right the only things that interest me are Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics ( I wasn't good at them but I like the concept but I don't even know that Because when I was a kid I was lazy to even do things I may have been good at as a kid I was social yet always felt different I was immediately different to people nobody treated me the way they treated others as a kid I was naive I wanted everyone to be my friend it hurt me that people lied to me hurt me so I stopped and just made a shield on a sense to protect myself even being called goth by my ex friend by 8th grade I didn't talk to any of them I hated them and didn't care about them I was cold at the time) back to want I was saying I forgot. I was interested in UFOS and overall paranormal things around 9 I think but I still usually liked playing outside as a kid I was capable of sensing other peoples emotions that hurt me because they were usually negative but the older I got the more reserved I was and I overall think logically now (some personal things: I hate taking showers, I don't care what I look like to people I want to look nice but I'm not picky about it) I procrastinate a lot I am still a overall bad student. When I was younger school was just boring to me I would tune out now I'm interested in learning everything but right now I'm focused in coding. I am good troubleshooting and I have spend most of the day if not the whole day trying to fix one problem before even if my eyes started hurting. I am overall bored of most things I am extremely private another reason I'm deleting this post after a while. I act like I enjoy things with people most of the time I can predict the future of most things relationships and my own course in life I am future oriented. I do not like having friends because most people are boring to me they are all the same the people that are interesting are usually highly intelligent or have something that is interesting to me I prefer not have a friendship with anyone unless I can enjoy my time with them 90% of the people I talk to I dislike talking to the only times I enjoy it is if I am talking about space,the future, technological advancements and a lot more things. I am currently 17 I am not depressed at the moment I may have been before bit overall most things are boring to me the first time I took the test when I think I was depressed I got INTJ and kept getting that over and over months pass and I started getting INTP or INTJ still getting INTJ more but sometimes INTP now I got INFJ once and still usually get INTP. I can not live a life without purpose i can not understand people that just live to have fun without doing anything to benefit society. The only people I care about are my family and girlfriend ( I do not date for fun I date because I want to marry if my gf stays with me by the time we marry then she is worth it otherwise I won't bother with any of it) my success is all that matters to me. I hate when people say impossible I think there is always some way to make something work maybe not specifically but the concept can work in some shape or form. I love coding because I can use it in so many ways I can create anything I just started I am procrastinating but I am planning on really learning more tomorrow the concept of being able to create anything is just honestly amazing to me. My parents are highly educated and I had an uncle that was a genius and I am not being funny or joking around I am serious so if any of this helps please tell me what I am from all of this I feel as if I was an INFJ as a kid but now I feel more like an INTP and I feel like I came across as an INTJ in this post someone please reply and help me

You seem like INTJ to me but 17 is very young and I guarantee that your personality type will change. I went from an extrovert to an introvert from the age of 30 to 41. Life is a journey.

Reactions: Offline
You seem like INTJ to me but 17 is very young and I guarantee that your personality type will change. I went from an extrovert to an introvert from the age of 30 to 41. Life is a journey.
Thank you you're the first to actually say INTJ. Right now I would say INTP but the problem is the fact that as a kid I was social and extroverted yet my environment changed me. My mother is an ENFP my father an ENTP. If INTPs can read people and are very emotional deep down then I will be sure I am an INTP.

Thank you you're the first to actually say INTJ. Right now I would say INTP but the problem is the fact that as a kid I was social and extroverted yet my environment changed me. My mother is an ENFP my father an ENTP. If INTPs can read people and are very emotional deep down then I will be sure I am an INTP.

Careful, now you're sounding more INFJ'ish! You remind me of my son who is an INTJ and basically he and I see the world the same way but because I use Feeling in place of Thinking for the ultimate decision, he often mentally slaps me around if I'm not making sense to him. It's tough to have conversations with him so I just end up listening and being "The Counselor" as we are often called.

Careful, now you're sounding more INFJ'ish! You remind me of my son who is an INTJ and basically he and I see the world the same way but because I use Feeling in place of Thinking for the ultimate decision, he often mentally slaps me around if I'm not making sense to him. It's tough to have conversations with him so I just end up listening and being "The Counselor" as we are often called.
I have a decent idea of how that is but not in the sense of having a son but i do understand what you mean it makes me a bit sad to hear that he treats you that way, there are things that my parents do that annoy me but to tell them about it is pointless we just think differently. Why do you think I am an INTJ I'm caring deep down but the sad reality that most people are only interested in themselves caused me to stop caring. People that give so much never get anything in return and everyone tells you that you like giving to others yet deep down you wanted someone to give to care to be there for you if I didn't realize this at a young age I would be exactly like some of my family members.

In a similar boat as you @Offline I initially typed as an INFJ when I first took the mbti test (was 15 then) once coming out as an INTP/ISTP and eventually settling with the latter. Something always felt wrong about the description though, I just couldn't 100% relate to their mind set. I was skeptical so spent the next couple of months studying up on the cognitive functions and realised that my Ni descriptions were actually Ti. So was left with either ISTP or INTP (both were relatable as f) . It's frustrating since I wanted accuracy and didn't want to just settle on any type.

The best way to go about this is to not focus on stereotypes/behaviour. You could act like an INTP but actually might be an ENTP, or an act like an INTJ when you're in fact and INFJ. Toss that mind set aside, keep studying the functions, apply them to how you go about in life and eventually you'll find your type. Takes a lot of time and introspection but you'll get there

I'm 19 now and finally realised I'm an ISTP so it's safe to say I'm finally satisfied. The INFJ mistype was probably due to my enneagram 9w8.

In a similar boat as you @Offline I initially typed as an INFJ when I first took the mbti test (was 15 then) once coming out as an INTP/ISTP and eventually settling with the latter. Something always felt wrong about the description though, I just couldn't 100% relate to their mind set. I was skeptical so spent the next couple of months studying up on the cognitive functions and realised that my Ni descriptions were actually Ti. So was left with either ISTP or INTP (both were relatable as f) . It's frustrating since I wanted accuracy and didn't want to just settle on any type.

The best way to go about this is to not focus on stereotypes/behaviour. You could act like an INTP but actually might be an ENTP, or an act like an INTJ when you're in fact and INFJ. Toss that mind set aside, keep studying the functions, apply them to how you go about in life and eventually you'll find your type. Takes a lot of time and introspection but you'll get there

I'm 19 now and finally realised I'm an ISTP so it's safe to say I'm finally satisfied. The INFJ mistype was probably due to my enneagram 9w8.
Thank you for the response and I completely agree I settled with INTJ.

Reactions: LeahLunaa and Ren