Am I an INFJ or INTP? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Am I an INFJ or INTP?

Please do, and post me the results. I'm not sure if it will help us anything, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Reactions: Free
Please do, and post me the results. I'm not sure if it will help us anything, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Open-Mindedness
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You are relatively open to new experiences. (Your percentile: 63)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 3)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 13)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 17)

Negative Emotionality
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things
(I couldn't send the lines and images and stuff if you want I can send a link)

For now I'm going to identify as an INTP I have taken literally over 15 tests multiple types I even came to a point where I lied about being more caring then I am and I still got the same result if anyone has any proof or anything like that we can easily see if your right or not. Thank you for helping everyone.

For now I'm going to identify as an INTP I have taken literally over 15 tests multiple types I even came to a point where I lied about being more caring then I am and I still got the same result if anyone has any proof or anything like that we can easily see if your right or not. Thank you for helping everyone.

Which Star Trek charater do you identify with the most?

tumblr_o0rgq3ZV6M1uz53k3o1_500.jpg

The one thing I never got into any other movie or TV show or I can look up the characters I never got into it the new ones felt like cheap knock off and the old ones were beyond me never watched them.

My fav shows and movies: Twin Peaks, Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, Mr. Robot (if I can think of any more I'll edit it) tell me what everyone's favorite shows and movies are.

The one thing I never got into any other movie or TV show or I can look up the characters I never got into it the new ones felt like cheap knock off and the old ones were beyond me never watched them.

I was never really into Star Trek myself, though I always liked Deep Space 9 (the inreased conflict and moral ambiguity made it more interesting to me). I only asked because my it's what my INTP husband mentioned (somewhat humorously) when I asked him what might help make it clear if someone was an INTP. Though I do think considering what one finds intriguing about favorite fictional characters can give some insight into our personality.

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
I was never really into Star Trek myself, though I always liked Deep Space 9 (the inreased conflict and moral ambiguity made it more interesting to me). I only asked because my it's what my INTP husband mentioned (somewhat humorously) when I asked him what might help make it clear if someone was an INTP. Though I do think considering what one finds intriguing about favorite fictional characters can give some insight into our personality.
My favorite character is from an anime want me to tell you some stuff about him?

My favorite character is from an anime want me to tell you some stuff about him?

Sure. (you can PM me if you prefer).

Though I warn you I probably won't know the character, and am not sure how much clarity I can add, but I'll talk to you, if you want.

I have no preference. You're the one seeking information, and it's your forum posting, so use it however you see fit.

I read about the functions typed myself from the descriptions and INTP seems to be it if anyone knows even better descriptions please send them thank you.

I read about the functions typed myself from the descriptions and INTP seems to be it if anyone knows even better descriptions please send them thank you.

I think looking into the cognitive functions is the best thing. And I'm glad you feel comfortable typing yourself as INTP.

Have you looked at Personality Hacker at all? They use the MBTI typology within their own framework which they call the "car model". It helped me, and they have a lot of info out there. Here is a link if you are interested: https://personalityhacker.com/personality-development-tools-the-car-diagram/ and knowing the cognitive functions of your type will be a big help when reading this.

Overall, I just want to say that since you are young, you may find it difficult to type yourself because you may not have enough life experience yet to resonate with some of the descriptions. And not every statement has to fit, just try to identify the type with the best fit. You are just in the beginning of figuring yourself out (I'm still learning about myself in my 30's and I just discovered this stuff) over the next 5, 10, even 15 years your sense of self dhould improve and you may find that certain descriptions do fit that didn't before. And I think you'll have a leg up since you are exploring this now.

My main point is this: don't think of typing yourself as the end goal, think of it as the starting point: a way to understand how you're wired, and don't be afraid to use it to explore and grow into the best version of yourself. That's how I see it anyway. Good Luck! :smile:

I think looking into the cognitive functions is the best thing. And I'm glad you feel comfortable typing yourself as INTP.

Have you looked at Personality Hacker at all? They use the MBTI typology within their own framework which they call the "car model". It helped me, and they have a lot of info out there. Here is a link if you are interested: https://personalityhacker.com/personality-development-tools-the-car-diagram/ and knowing the cognitive functions of your type will be a big help when reading this.

Overall, I just want to say that since you are young, you may find it difficult to type yourself because you may not have enough life experience yet to resonate with some of the descriptions. And not every statement has to fit, just try to identify the type with the best fit. You are just in the beginning of figuring yourself out (I'm still learning about myself in my 30's and I just discovered this stuff) over the next 5, 10, even 15 years your sense of self dhould improve and you may find that certain descriptions do fit that didn't before. And I think you'll have a leg up since you are exploring this now.

My main point is this: don't think of typing yourself as the end goal, think of it as the starting point: a way to understand how you're wired, and don't be afraid to use it to explore and grow into the best version of yourself. That's how I see it anyway. Good Luck! :smile:
Thank you.

Let's take another test I say what will my results be and of course I get...

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************ (12.3)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.3)
good use

Let's take another test I say what will my results be and of course I get...

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************ (12.3)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.3)
good use

An INTJ spy, Seize him!

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited: