Am I an INFJ or INTP? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Am I an INFJ or INTP?

I'm sorry Offline, it seems my English comprehension skills are not up to snuff, because I can't make heads or tails of what you're saying.

Reactions: Free
I'm sorry Offline, it seems my English comprehension skills are not up to snuff, because I can't make heads or tails of what you're saying.
What's your problem honestly. I have really tried to be nice yet you make it obvious that you completely hate me why please explain that to me.

I don't know what you're reading into this, but @Lady Jolanda does ask a valid question. Why would you think that she hates you?

I don't know what you're reading into this, but @Lady Jolanda does ask a valid question. Why would you think that she hates you?
The first moment we met she hinted at wanting to be rude to me for being new to the site and in a sense annoying the chat which a get, later one she in sense kept poking me like she's trying to piss me off. If I have to I can quote the messages but I really don't feel like getting into anything It just pisses me off. I hate when I get the feeling that someone is acting like everything is nice and ok yet deep down they wish you weren't here. I am aware of the fact that I come across as a needy kid that wants his answers it's why I always give an explanation to everything I say but this always has to happen all I wanted was to try and discover myself with nice people that would possibly understand yet I feel like I'm hated even online. I hate when I'm kind and that kindness is no returned it's why I'm not kind and I'm aware that nobody cares so you don't have to say it. All I wanted was to figure things out with people because everyone in my life sees me one way or another ( And I don't care about my spelling read it or don't) say im rude say I'm horrible say whatever just try to treat me with respect when I treat you the same way (I'm probably completely wrong and misreading the information and making a fool out of myself but I really don't care this is not directed to the user I quoted this is for everyone ) side note: it's 4 in the morning.

Then I suggest you get some sleep and mull everything over. Perhaps the world looks different then.

Then I suggest you get some sleep and mull everything over. Perhaps the world looks different then.
Thanks for the advice thought you would start conflict like most people. I love how I thought it could have been a test the whole time heh like I said thanks for the advice but I don't feel like sleeping I hate sleeping it feels like a waste of time and dreams aren't as good as they use to be now I just make them go the way I want them to go it isn't random. (Sorry for possibly annoying People I'm going keep taking tests and reading until I fall asleep)

Offline, I don't hate you at all. I'm merely pointing out that being talkative, pushy and demanding are extroverted traits, which they are. (I could know, cause I am one.) I ask you why you believe you can't be an extrovert, and when I don't understand your answer, I apologize for not being able to understand you. Yet somehow you conclude I hate you.

You want me to give it to you straight? You're a stranger on the internet to me. I don't hate you, I hardly know you.

You mention numerous times in this thread that people don't seem to like you very much. That people have conflicts with you often. Well, if you didn't act out so defensively when there is absolutely no need for it, I'm sure people would like you a lot better. You are the common denominator in your interactions with people, after all.

Reactions: Free and Ginny
Offline, I don't hate you at all. I'm merely pointing out that being talkative, pushy and demanding are extroverted traits, which they are. (I could know, cause I am one.) I ask you why you believe you can't be an extrovert, and when I don't understand your answer, I apologize for not being able to understand you. Yet somehow you conclude I hate you.

You want me to give it to you straight? You're a stranger on the internet to me. I don't hate you, I hardly know you.

You mention numerous times in this thread that people don't seem to like you very much. That people have conflicts with you often. Well, if you didn't act out so defensively when there is absolutely no need for it, I'm sure people would like you a lot better. You are the common denominator in your interactions with people, after all.
Your right but that's my problem your not a stranger to me I asked you all of you because I trust you and when I trust people in any possible way if I see any way of someone trying to hurt me it is quite annoying otherwise I wouldn't care at all. I said I don't think I am an extrovert Because 99% of the traits of an extrovert I identify in myself. I feel like this is a special forum meaning I am trying to be respectful checking Everything I say multiple times. Everyone I have met always gave me hints and it felt like a hint both of your messages did after seeing it so many times I thought it would possibly happen again I don't know you but I trust you enough to tell you a good amount about myself. I just want to find these results so I can move on. I did get a result, and honestly I felt bad about saying anything she really tried hard to help me out with this and it felt bad and awkward to just say yup I don't think I'm this type sorry try again so I will try not to talk as much I am not aware of any of your emotions online at all. I will stop now if it matters to you or anyone you can ask anything I will answer even send me tests I did most tests I think I'm pretty close to finding my type I found a really good test that gave me different results but if this persist and if only 2 tests show different results while every other test that's around 10-15 tests give me the same results I'm probably going to accept those results. ( I know half of the reply isn't a reply at all...)

I have reason to believe you are deluding yourself. You don't see yourself objectively. You say that you try, which is good, but if you don't succeed in perceiving yourself accurately it's going to show in your tests, which it did. Therefore, just doing more tests is not going to acheive anything.

Merely rejecting a type because of a letter is BS. You even said that you don't understand the functions, so you don't even know the implications of the letters. You cannot simply say that you are not a type because you don't perceive yourself as an extrovert, because the types don't say if you are extroverted or not. Therefore, your argument is unfounded.

The test isn't everything. If you did some research (which you probably won't), you would come to see what it really is about. So don't insult my intelligence by rejecting and wasting my patiently devoted time.

I have reason to believe you are deluding yourself. You don't see yourself objectively. You say that you try, which is good, but if you don't succeed in perceiving yourself accurately it's going to show in your tests, which it did. Therefore, just doing more tests is not going to acheive anything.

Merely rejecting a type because of a letter is BS. You even said that you don't understand the functions, so you don't even know the implications of the letters. You cannot simply say that you are not a type because you don't perceive yourself as an extrovert, because the types don't say if you are extroverted or not. Therefore, your argument is unfounded.

The test isn't everything. If you did some research (which you probably won't), you would come to see what it really is about. So don't insult my intelligence by rejecting and wasting my patiently devoted time.
My mother is the same type which is BS because I know my mother better then anyone and I know I am not like her yes I care like her but that is where it ends. I did not dismiss what you said at all I am still considering it but I need to think about everything every aspect and anything that could go wrong if your annoyed and don't want to do this you don't have to I already told you it is okay you did everything you could so I did not want to bother you and ask for more. So please don't think I just threw your conclusion away I don't want to fight over something idiotic especially not with someone that helped me and was friendly.

But if you really want I can really get into it I'm trying to defuse the situation but it's your choice I enjoy both options.

1.) You said your mother is an INFP. Ginny typed you as an ENFP. That's not the same type.
2.) Ginny tried her hardest with the information she had available to her; information which you gave to her.

As a programmer, I'm sure you understand the meaning of 'crap in, crap out'.

Reactions: Free and Wyote
You may have only a slight preference toward extroversion. Try taking a test that gives a % associated with each aspect. I took mine at 16personalities.com

I've also heard about the term ambivert recently. Maybe do some research on that concept?

1.) You said your mother is an INFP. Ginny typed you as an ENFP. That's not the same type.
2.) Ginny tried her hardest with the information she had available to her; information which you gave to her.

As a programmer, I'm sure you understand the meaning of 'crap in, crap out'.
1. I made a mistake the first time I forgot that my mother was not introverted
2. Like I said I respect what she did I did not dismiss it

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
You may have only a slight preference toward extroversion. Try taking a test that gives a % associated with each aspect. I took mine at 16personalities.com

I've also heard about the term ambivert recently. Maybe do some research on that concept?
I took the 16 personalities test many times I got typed as INTJ before now I always get typed as INTP.

I will look into it thank you for informing me.

If I was ambivert what would that mean exactly as in personalities?

Ambivert means you're somewhere in the middle of extroversion and introversion, meaning you don't have a strong preference for either. That gives me an idea...

Let's try this. Ever filled in the Big5 personality test?
https://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/