Am I an INFJ or INTP? | INFJ Forum

Am I an INFJ or INTP?

Community Member
Nov 29, 2017
Behind You
MBTI
INTP
I have been reading about MBTI for the last few months and I can not decide what I am. Am I a INTP or INFJ. Some things about me: I am interested in coding, ever since I was a kid I was interested in the unknown mostly UFOS I feel like that's weird but I just am most things are boring to me I don't want to draw or right the only things that interest me are Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics ( I wasn't good at them but I like the concept but I don't even know that Because when I was a kid I was lazy to even do things I may have been good at as a kid I was social yet always felt different I was immediately different to people nobody treated me the way they treated others as a kid I was naive I wanted everyone to be my friend it hurt me that people lied to me hurt me so I stopped and just made a shield on a sense to protect myself even being called goth by my ex friend by 8th grade I didn't talk to any of them I hated them and didn't care about them I was cold at the time) back to want I was saying I forgot. I was interested in UFOS and overall paranormal things around 9 I think but I still usually liked playing outside as a kid I was capable of sensing other peoples emotions that hurt me because they were usually negative but the older I got the more reserved I was and I overall think logically now (some personal things: I hate taking showers, I don't care what I look like to people I want to look nice but I'm not picky about it) I procrastinate a lot I am still a overall bad student. When I was younger school was just boring to me I would tune out now I'm interested in learning everything but right now I'm focused in coding. I am good troubleshooting and I have spend most of the day if not the whole day trying to fix one problem before even if my eyes started hurting. I am overall bored of most things I am extremely private another reason I'm deleting this post after a while. I act like I enjoy things with people most of the time I can predict the future of most things relationships and my own course in life I am future oriented. I do not like having friends because most people are boring to me they are all the same the people that are interesting are usually highly intelligent or have something that is interesting to me I prefer not have a friendship with anyone unless I can enjoy my time with them 90% of the people I talk to I dislike talking to the only times I enjoy it is if I am talking about space,the future, technological advancements and a lot more things. I am currently 17 I am not depressed at the moment I may have been before bit overall most things are boring to me the first time I took the test when I think I was depressed I got INTJ and kept getting that over and over months pass and I started getting INTP or INTJ still getting INTJ more but sometimes INTP now I got INFJ once and still usually get INTP. I can not live a life without purpose i can not understand people that just live to have fun without doing anything to benefit society. The only people I care about are my family and girlfriend ( I do not date for fun I date because I want to marry if my gf stays with me by the time we marry then she is worth it otherwise I won't bother with any of it) my success is all that matters to me. I hate when people say impossible I think there is always some way to make something work maybe not specifically but the concept can work in some shape or form. I love coding because I can use it in so many ways I can create anything I just started I am procrastinating but I am planning on really learning more tomorrow the concept of being able to create anything is just honestly amazing to me. My parents are highly educated and I had an uncle that was a genius and I am not being funny or joking around I am serious so if any of this helps please tell me what I am from all of this I feel as if I was an INFJ as a kid but now I feel more like an INTP and I feel like I came across as an INTJ in this post someone please reply and help me

Anyone? I mean like I guess I want someone that has seen this before I just don't know I feel like an INFJ but then again the whole feelings thing isn't me at least not anymore

@infinite dreams Time for your favorite hobby!

@Offline. I'm sure people here will be delighted to assist you, but for the sake of readability, could you please locate this key use it in your messages? Thanks.
disable_enter_key_press_event_submitting_form.jpg

When I was confused about my types a few weeks back, a helpful forum member named Ginny recommended me this test:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

It was accurate for me, perhaps it works for you too.

@infinite dreams Time for your favorite hobby!

@Offline. I'm sure people here will be delighted to assist you, but for the sake of readability, could you please locate this key use it in your messages? Thanks.
disable_enter_key_press_event_submitting_form.jpg

When I was confused about my types a few weeks back, a helpful forum member named Ginny recommended me this test:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

It was accurate for me, perhaps it works for you too.
First person to make me smile today XD
Took the test.
My results:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.6)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.1)
good use

We will simply continue the discussion in this thread, the staff will clean up the other posts. No need to panic. :)

You can tag someone by adding a @ in front of their name. @Offline.

Reactions: Free and Ren
Offline's wall of text separated into semi paragraphs:

I have been reading about MBTI for the last few months and I can not decide what I am. Am I a INTP or INFJ. Some things about me:

I am interested in coding, ever since I was a kid I was interested in the unknown mostly UFOS I feel like that's weird but I just am most things are boring to me I don't want to draw or right the only things that interest me are Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics ( I wasn't good at them but I like the concept but I don't even know that Because when I was a kid I was lazy to even do things I may have been good at as a kid I was social yet always felt different I was immediately different to people nobody treated me the way they treated others as a kid I was naive I wanted everyone to be my friend it hurt me that people lied to me hurt me so I stopped and just made a shield on a sense to protect myself even being called goth by my ex friend by 8th grade I didn't talk to any of them I hated them and didn't care about them I was cold at the time) back to want I was saying I forgot.

I was interested in UFOS and overall paranormal things around 9 I think but I still usually liked playing outside as a kid I was capable of sensing other peoples emotions that hurt me because they were usually negative but the older I got the more reserved I was and I overall think logically now (some personal things: I hate taking showers, I don't care what I look like to people I want to look nice but I'm not picky about it)

I procrastinate a lot I am still a overall bad student. When I was younger school was just boring to me I would tune out now I'm interested in learning everything but right now I'm focused in coding. I am good troubleshooting and I have spend most of the day if not the whole day trying to fix one problem before even if my eyes started hurting. I am overall bored of most things I am extremely private another reason I'm deleting this post after a while. I act like I enjoy things with people most of the time I can predict the future of most things relationships and my own course in life I am future oriented.

I do not like having friends because most people are boring to me they are all the same the people that are interesting are usually highly intelligent or have something that is interesting to me I prefer not have a friendship with anyone unless I can enjoy my time with them 90% of the people I talk to I dislike talking to the only times I enjoy it is if I am talking about space,the future, technological advancements and a lot more things.

I am currently 17 I am not depressed at the moment I may have been before bit overall most things are boring to me the first time I took the test when I think I was depressed I got INTJ and kept getting that over and over months pass and I started getting INTP or INTJ still getting INTJ more but sometimes INTP now I got INFJ once and still usually get INTP. I can not live a life without purpose i can not understand people that just live to have fun without doing anything to benefit society.

The only people I care about are my family and girlfriend ( I do not date for fun I date because I want to marry if my gf stays with me by the time we marry then she is worth it otherwise I won't bother with any of it) my success is all that matters to me. I hate when people say impossible I think there is always some way to make something work maybe not specifically but the concept can work in some shape or form.

I love coding because I can use it in so many ways I can create anything I just started I am procrastinating but I am planning on really learning more tomorrow the concept of being able to create anything is just honestly amazing to me. My parents are highly educated and I had an uncle that was a genius and I am not being funny or joking around I am serious so if any of this helps please tell me what I am from all of this I feel as if I was an INFJ as a kid but now I feel more like an INTP and I feel like I came across as an INTJ in this post

someone please reply and help me
FTFY

Good call @Lady Jolanda

We will simply continue the discussion in this thread, the staff will clean up the other posts. No need to panic. :)

You can tag someone by adding a @ in front of their name. @Offline.
I apologise for being a bit annoying please don't read the message after yours not this one the other one I feel like it was offensive I don't know i just can't figure it out at all another problem is the fact that while I was a bit younger like till 14 if I saw someone I liked I would change my personality to be more like them.

Offline's wall of text separated into semi paragraphs:

I have been reading about MBTI for the last few months and I can not decide what I am. Am I a INTP or INFJ. Some things about me:

I am interested in coding, ever since I was a kid I was interested in the unknown mostly UFOS I feel like that's weird but I just am most things are boring to me I don't want to draw or right the only things that interest me are Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics ( I wasn't good at them but I like the concept but I don't even know that Because when I was a kid I was lazy to even do things I may have been good at as a kid I was social yet always felt different I was immediately different to people nobody treated me the way they treated others as a kid I was naive I wanted everyone to be my friend it hurt me that people lied to me hurt me so I stopped and just made a shield on a sense to protect myself even being called goth by my ex friend by 8th grade I didn't talk to any of them I hated them and didn't care about them I was cold at the time) back to want I was saying I forgot.

I was interested in UFOS and overall paranormal things around 9 I think but I still usually liked playing outside as a kid I was capable of sensing other peoples emotions that hurt me because they were usually negative but the older I got the more reserved I was and I overall think logically now (some personal things: I hate taking showers, I don't care what I look like to people I want to look nice but I'm not picky about it)

I procrastinate a lot I am still a overall bad student. When I was younger school was just boring to me I would tune out now I'm interested in learning everything but right now I'm focused in coding. I am good troubleshooting and I have spend most of the day if not the whole day trying to fix one problem before even if my eyes started hurting. I am overall bored of most things I am extremely private another reason I'm deleting this post after a while. I act like I enjoy things with people most of the time I can predict the future of most things relationships and my own course in life I am future oriented.

I do not like having friends because most people are boring to me they are all the same the people that are interesting are usually highly intelligent or have something that is interesting to me I prefer not have a friendship with anyone unless I can enjoy my time with them 90% of the people I talk to I dislike talking to the only times I enjoy it is if I am talking about space,the future, technological advancements and a lot more things.

I am currently 17 I am not depressed at the moment I may have been before bit overall most things are boring to me the first time I took the test when I think I was depressed I got INTJ and kept getting that over and over months pass and I started getting INTP or INTJ still getting INTJ more but sometimes INTP now I got INFJ once and still usually get INTP. I can not live a life without purpose i can not understand people that just live to have fun without doing anything to benefit society.

The only people I care about are my family and girlfriend ( I do not date for fun I date because I want to marry if my gf stays with me by the time we marry then she is worth it otherwise I won't bother with any of it) my success is all that matters to me. I hate when people say impossible I think there is always some way to make something work maybe not specifically but the concept can work in some shape or form.

I love coding because I can use it in so many ways I can create anything I just started I am procrastinating but I am planning on really learning more tomorrow the concept of being able to create anything is just honestly amazing to me. My parents are highly educated and I had an uncle that was a genius and I am not being funny or joking around I am serious so if any of this helps please tell me what I am from all of this I feel as if I was an INFJ as a kid but now I feel more like an INTP and I feel like I came across as an INTJ in this post

someone please reply and help me
FTFY

Good call @Lady Jolanda
Nicest people I have met everyone else. I have to get into conflict with. ( Not this website other websites)

Reactions: latch and Free
Offline, it's okay, really. Take a deep breath and calm down. The INFJs here are very nice people. You haven't bothered or offended anyone. :)

Reactions: Free and Ren
Offline, it's okay, really. Take a deep breath and calm down. The INFJs here are very nice people. You haven't bothered or offended anyone. :)
-NOBODY HAS TO READ THIS IT IS IRRELEVANT TO THE CHAT-Thank you I am still very weird and Don't want to get into conflict with anyone when I'm cold and tired or worried I just want to find out what I am soon my gf is going to be back and then I have to be happy and relaxed when in reality I want to code and stay in my room but if I do that she talks to other guy and then it hits me I'm always the one doing everything and I feel like everyone in this chat will look at me how could you say something like that about your own girlfriend that is messed up and I'm going to look at everyone and just say okay because of course my whole life I have to explain myself to people and people never trust me on anything but when it happens they cry and I try to help them (most girls are like don't touch me and that was when I was literally 10 now I don't even help anyone I ask once and after I'm out) I'm going off topic and making everyone feel awkward and every time I'm about to post something someone else does just just please nobody read this

Quick thing I'm pretty sure of I think I'm a P not a J Because I procrastinate like a lot one of the only things I'm sure of.

Reactions: Free
So do I. that means nothing. If you're a Ni dom, you're INFJ, because you'd never cut it as an INTJ

So do I. that means nothing. If you're a Ni dom, you're INFJ, because you'd never cut it as an INTJ
I got INTJ last but 99% of the time I keep getting INTP I don't think I'm smart but I am good at troubleshooting and I win most arguments though I could be just going against dumbass people right now I'm just eh decent I'm not in a specific mood and I'm not bored when I'm bored then I'm sarcastic and I'm basically a dick and I think it's one of the reasons I come across as arrogant again I'm telling you how I feel about it and it's a bit of an argument it's entertaining.

You seem like an INFJ to me. Why not ask what others think?