Am I an INFJ or INTP? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Am I an INFJ or INTP?

It's all the same to me just want to know really It would help out.

Now here are some conflicting statements :smile: I know, but give it some time, we hardly know you. In the meantime, you can look around, gather information, and learn the basics. Just have fun :D

After all, it is a journey of self-discovery...

I know this sounds mean, but no one knows you like yourself. My mum only found out about my idealistic side when I told her about it a few months ago, and this is saying something.

Once you find reasons for being one or the other, or yet another, I may be able to help you. But I don't think I am experienced enough to help a newbie.

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
Now here are some conflicting statements :smile: I know, but give it some time, we hardly know you. In the meantime, you can look around, gather information, and learn the basics. Just have fun :D

After all, it is a journey of self-discovery...

I know this sounds mean, but no one knows you like yourself. My mum only found out about my idealistic side when I told her about it a few months ago, and this is saying something.

Once you find reasons for being one or the other, or yet another, I may be able to help you. But I don't think I am experienced enough to help a newbie.
I know thanks, I just worry I feel like I may be lying to myself like maybe I want to be an INTP more I just don't know. Is it possible to be both in a sense because it's weird I feel like can be multiple people or think in different ways it's like I switch gears I don't know how to explain it, I'm pretty sure you can't be multiple types because our brain only works a specific way but could I be a INTP feeler?
What I am saying is basically can I be an INTP but also have pretty high social skills or can I be a INFJ thinker?

I'm very private I hate crowds and I hate asking about someone's day or things that are just dull to me I feel like I have to act around people my goal is to succeed so I can use that to leave my mark on the world and benefit society that is all I care about.

I don't get that at all I feel like I'm in a sense both, I only care about my small group of friends everyone else I can say anything to easily. I'm sarcastic to most but I sometimes have a sense or feeling if I'm being mean or not. It's frustrating I don't know which side is right what feels like home I'm usually calm I act like I'm not sometimes I just come to a point where I don't care maybe I'm depressed I don't know, maybe I'm trying to be someone I'm not at all. I know my goals and that's it I don't know how capable I am. In public I am arrogant, the problem is if I was arrogant i wouldn't see it I see every one of my flaws.

Reactions: Ginny
Out of all the tests you took, how many times did you get which result? I only remember you saying that INFJ came up once. What made you think this might be true? True enough to enter this as your MBTI type in your profile?

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
Ginny, I assume you have used the keys2cognition test more often. Is it likely that someone is an INFJ while their test results show Fe as their least used function?

Seems a bit odd.

Reactions: Ren
Out of all the tests you took, how many times did you get which result? I only remember you saying that INFJ came up once. What made you think this might be true? True enough to enter this as your MBTI type in your profile?
It's the last thing I got before I made this account even though I usually get INTP 99% of the times when I was depressed I got INTJ over and over.

It seems like you're saying you believe the 1 result of INFJ more than the many more results of INTP and INTJ combined. Is that the case and if so, why? :)

Reactions: Ginny
It seems like you're saying you believe the 1 result of INFJ more than the many more results of INTP and INTJ combined. Is that the case and if so, why? :)
I took the same test and this time I really tried hard and thought about it I got INTJ I will show answers. I read about a lot of stories about people getting one result but later finding out that wasn't the case, I also thought it may be the right one because it was completely different then all the other results. I also am worried that I may be trying to be someone I'm not so I make myself think I'm an INFJ but I don't know anymore I have tested on every website I could find multiple times. Would you like me to show you these results? I think they may be more accurate

I took the same test and this time I really tried hard and thought about it I got INTJ I will show answers. I read about a lot of stories about people getting one result but later finding out that wasn't the case, I also thought it may be the right one because it was completely different then all the other results. I also am worried that I may be trying to be someone I'm not so I make myself think I'm an INFJ but I don't know anymore I have tested on every website I could find multiple times. Would you like me to show you these results? I think they may be more accurate
something something!

(the answers below the actual score are the right ones not the ones on top)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.9)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.9)
good use

nouns and adjectives to describe them

Sorry if it looked like that. Latch was in a weird mood last night.

Ginny, I assume you have used the keys2cognition test more often. Is it likely that someone is an INFJ while their test results show Fe as their least used function?

Seems a bit odd.

I haven't, but it does strike me as odd too. If it's the least used, it is definitely not in the Ego Block. Or at the very least it is highly unlikely. However, there is some play. The use of the Shadow functions may be just as high as the Conscious functions, the more unhealthy someone is. I also think that some shadow functions can develop more depending on how you grew up (I have relatively high Si for an INFJ, and I think it's because my mum is an Si-dom). But the lowest function is either a shadow function (most likely 7th or 8th) or an undeveloped inferior function.

It's the last thing I got before I made this account even though I usually get INTP 99% of the times when I was depressed I got INTJ over and over.

I was actually asking for a more precise answer. But the posted test result I can work with. Let me look at it again and I'll come back to you later.

Have you considered that perhaps you’re a different “type?” I’ve scored INTJ before as well as INFP on occasion depending on my mood.

Also, a dummy once told me, “MBTI isn’t real.”

I have been reading about MBTI for the last few months and I can not decide what I am. Am I a INTP or INFJ. Some things about me: I am interested in coding, ever since I was a kid I was interested in the unknown mostly UFOS I feel like that's weird but I just am most things are boring to me I don't want to draw or right the only things that interest me are Philosophy, Psychology, Mathematics ( I wasn't good at them but I like the concept but I don't even know that Because when I was a kid I was lazy to even do things I may have been good at as a kid I was social yet always felt different I was immediately different to people nobody treated me the way they treated others as a kid I was naive I wanted everyone to be my friend it hurt me that people lied to me hurt me so I stopped and just made a shield on a sense to protect myself even being called goth by my ex friend by 8th grade I didn't talk to any of them I hated them and didn't care about them I was cold at the time) back to want I was saying I forgot. I was interested in UFOS and overall paranormal things around 9 I think but I still usually liked playing outside as a kid I was capable of sensing other peoples emotions that hurt me because they were usually negative but the older I got the more reserved I was and I overall think logically now (some personal things: I hate taking showers, I don't care what I look like to people I want to look nice but I'm not picky about it) I procrastinate a lot I am still a overall bad student. When I was younger school was just boring to me I would tune out now I'm interested in learning everything but right now I'm focused in coding. I am good troubleshooting and I have spend most of the day if not the whole day trying to fix one problem before even if my eyes started hurting. I am overall bored of most things I am extremely private another reason I'm deleting this post after a while. I act like I enjoy things with people most of the time I can predict the future of most things relationships and my own course in life I am future oriented. I do not like having friends because most people are boring to me they are all the same the people that are interesting are usually highly intelligent or have something that is interesting to me I prefer not have a friendship with anyone unless I can enjoy my time with them 90% of the people I talk to I dislike talking to the only times I enjoy it is if I am talking about space,the future, technological advancements and a lot more things. I am currently 17 I am not depressed at the moment I may have been before bit overall most things are boring to me the first time I took the test when I think I was depressed I got INTJ and kept getting that over and over months pass and I started getting INTP or INTJ still getting INTJ more but sometimes INTP now I got INFJ once and still usually get INTP. I can not live a life without purpose i can not understand people that just live to have fun without doing anything to benefit society. The only people I care about are my family and girlfriend ( I do not date for fun I date because I want to marry if my gf stays with me by the time we marry then she is worth it otherwise I won't bother with any of it) my success is all that matters to me. I hate when people say impossible I think there is always some way to make something work maybe not specifically but the concept can work in some shape or form. I love coding because I can use it in so many ways I can create anything I just started I am procrastinating but I am planning on really learning more tomorrow the concept of being able to create anything is just honestly amazing to me. My parents are highly educated and I had an uncle that was a genius and I am not being funny or joking around I am serious so if any of this helps please tell me what I am from all of this I feel as if I was an INFJ as a kid but now I feel more like an INTP and I feel like I came across as an INTJ in this post someone please reply and help me
I think the types when stressed is one of the things you can look at because intps are like unhealthy esfjs, they tend to not like gossip and judging others very much as well. Infjs will go for something in excess (food/drink/pleasure,exercise) when stressed and till the point where it damages their health. When it comes to social cues intps are not as adept as infjs at catching. They are big on facts, they see something that fits and take it "as a matter of factly" and they trust it whereas infjs will seek the deepest truth in that sentence itself. I had an intp friend and our similarities were huge.
The intp also stays up extremely late at night googling and gathering knowledge like sponges. Infjs will disclose things about themselves just to make the other feel comfortable or feel at ease. Intps give the feeling like they are hiding things and keep things hidden till a quarrel ensues and all the things spill out. They can be clean freaks or unhygienic as well. My intp was an extremely clean one. The intp will induce thinking in the other party quite alot and is one of the most (if not the most) curious type there is. Infjs tend to know most things and dont ask "what ifs" as much but more of "whys and hows". The infj will always be further up in future doings and thinkings. And the need to plan ahead and most of the time being prepared is a J thing. Deadlines and time constraints will show u how a J and P act as well.

Like websites have mentioned before, an intp with strong emotions will look like an infj. And vice versa. Intps will not be as people pleasing as the NFs and it will show through one way or another. They can be very caring if they have developed their inferior function though. Besides the male and females are polars apart in behaviour.

There is too little about u that i can gauge so i shant type u based on this little evidence. Alot of things can resemble alot of things and to mislead a person or assume something about u would not be right. One cant stop another from thinking they are a certain type so the best is self analysis and try to be as objective as u can. Best of luck to finding your own type because i was stuck between two types once, like u i never got this particular type and always got all sorts of types despite being as objective as i could. My functions resembled both types very much and i didnt want to stick to the type i wanted if it didnt mean the truth. If ur in an unhealthy/underdeveloped state it would be very difficult to type. And understanding the traits of each type would give u the benefit of the doubt for functions are never enough to type someone. Best of luck

Reactions: Ren
Are you sure you were honest and discriminating in answering the questions? Because the most probable type that I can glean from the results doesn't really seem like how you presented yourself.