zompocalypse | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

zompocalypse

I'd hide until winter. And when i know it's like -20c outside i know i can just go outside and whack a zombie or 3. Stupid zombies coming to sweden in the winter, you don't have a blood circulation (i guess) you'd freeze to the ground (Guess the same goes to vampires)

You left a lot of variables open. How do people get infected? Fluid transmission, non-fatal bites, mutated virus in the food supply, can insects be a vector? Lots of unknowns here. How did it start? Patient zero originally infected a plane full of passengers and it has started spreading from the metropolitian areas outward.....etc. These kind of details are important when formulating a survival strategy.

What are the zombies capabilities, are they slow to react? lost their upper cognitive abilities? Any enhanced senses?

What would you do during the first week after Z-Day?

First week will be spent acquiring as much in the way of ammunition, canned goods, medical gear, camping equipment, gasoline, batteries, vegetable seeds and fruit trees, live animals goats, sheep, chickens etc....on the way to here:
biosphere2.jpg

This is the Biosphere 2 in Tuscon Arizona. I intend to take over the installation by whatever means necessary.

I will be raiding hardware stores, libraries, abandoned houses, siphoning gas tanks of abandoned cars etc. Collecting large containers for water storage. It is a desert out here and no telling how long we'll have utilities.

Week 2?

Fortification of my area. Using whatever I can to solidify the first story walls of the facility. Creating an open zone of at least 200 yards surrounding the facility. As long as the area remains safe, I'll also use abandoned cars, rock piles, downed trees, whatever I can to make it as difficult as possible to get into the open zone.
Planting comestibles in the domes, continued pillaging of the local area for whatever could be useful, especially non-perishable food items.

week 3?

Try to establish communications with any other surviving groups of people. Obviously, this location is not feasible for sustaining a large group of people, so I'd need locate a large and secure area that would be more conducive for long term survival. Teaming up with an already established group of survivors would be the fastest way to accomplish that.

Probably look into securing an area outside the primary compound where refugees could be quarantined so they wouldn't be exposing the group to anything.

week 4?

Tending the compound, making everyone learn new skills, survival techniques, combat training, physical conditioning (cause face it, most people aren't exactly in the best of shape). Cautious forays into the area for anything useful to the community.

week 5?

More of the same.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Whith your first choice is now out and the zombies are every where, What do you Do?

Heading for Hoover Dam.

You've made it to a safe zone, but you keep seeing one man hunched over and dragging his leg?

Shoot him. Double tap to be sure.

Either you killed the man or he turned, you've had to flee the safe zone, You come across a large bridge lined with cars, either you stay and fight the men from the safe zone or head across the bridge?
Why am I fighting anyone from the safe zone? If I am healthy shouldn't they be letting me in? Anyhow, unless I have superior firepower there is no sense in fighting these people. Wait for my oppurtunity to slip into the safe zone. I'm looking to survive, not escape from zombies only to get killed by the remaining humanity.

Either crossing the bridge or fighting the men from teh safe zone has alerted zombies to your presense, what do you do?

Get away or die.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

What kind of weapons do you grab?
Every possible weapon I can. We have lots of ammo, and guns here. And I'll be grabbing everything I come across in the flight out.

what about food, gotta have that right?

Looking for 2 different things. Food order of preference
First of all, dry goods. Beans, rice, grains, whole wheat, oats, barley etc.
Emergency rations. Something that while it isn't yummy, will sustain strength and life. Dried meat, dried fruits, dried vegetables.
Canned goods (they are heavy)

Second thing I am looking for is potential food.
Fresh food with pits, seeds, etc....that could be germinated and grown.
Packaged seeds, vegetables, herbs etc.

Do you work with a group or on your own?

Group preferably, but I have no problem leaving them for the zombies if they won't shut up and follow orders.

Is your family with you?
I hope so.

If so what are they doing?

They should be following directions!

If not are you looking for them? I think that I need to be concerned primarily with my survival. My family all live far away from here. So if I can get to them eventually and bring them to a safe area good...but realistically the chances of ever reuniting with them are nearly nil.

would you survive, why?

I'd either survive or not. That is the way of these kinds of things *shrug*

shelter looks to large tbe with a lo maintain and keep secure by a small group, now may larger group of survivors, also it looks kinda flemsy. Not nearly stury enough(all that glass)

You left a lot of variables open. How do people get infected? Fluid transmission, non-fatal bites, mutated virus in the food supply, can insects be a vector? Lots of unknowns here.

thats the thing about the zombie apocalypse, you'll really never know till after it's happened, though I've generally moddled this situation from WWZ.

Except WWZ is a terrible Zombie Situation. If you plan from that, you're going to be unprepared for Zombies.

Except WWZ is a terrible Zombie Situation. If you plan from that, you're going to be unprepared for Zombies.
In what ways?

I personally considered it's not as detailed; it's more like a sociopolitical slice-of-life survival report.... all the details goes to the background. Not that's it's bad; nyeh, it's probably the best zombie lit I've read. But not for the zombie specifications.

But could you give your opinion? or specifics?

Noob question....

What is this WWZ you are referring to?

thats, not fair. Zombies ar fictious in nature and have been defined a hundred ways. Any one book(on the subject) could give a you an excellent understanding of zombies, due to the fact that the zombies traits are defined by the author.

Somebody asked me a similar question a while ago, and I answered with a video response:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKV2xEehpm4"]YouTube- Ask An ENTP / Hypothetical Level 5 Zombie Outbreak: General Plan of Action?[/ame]

:D

I have no idea what I'd do or how I'd act, but I like to think I'd enjoy doing this sorta thing:

Stills-from-Zombieland-6189.jpg

thats, not fair. Zombies ar fictious in nature and have been defined a hundred ways. Any one book(on the subject) could give a you an excellent understanding of zombies, due to the fact that the zombies traits are defined by the author.
Haha, as are angels.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, yes, I extend my apologies and a warm hand of friendship to Barnabas and a wet soppy kiss to Sith.

I often wonder where these giant pictures of bear heads come from.