Your most spiritual moment | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your most spiritual moment

I don't recall any delusions or hallucinations in my life, unless I wanted to prank somebody.

Call it what you want, this statement was made to be insulting…and if not, if you were trying to be clever and funny, you failed and just look like a jerk.
It implies that every spiritual moment a person has is a delusion or a hallucination.

Science is not a belief system. It is a method of obtaining substantial theory through the observation and meticulous study of the natural and physical world. To compare such a method to hallucinations which people often consider to be a part of 'Spirituality' is a giant leap toward the support and encouragement of ignorance.
Congratulations on being the first person to give my post a thumb down, by the way.

This is a very insulting blanket statement.
This is a highly insulting and demeaning statement to make to those of us who even though may or may not consider ourselves “religious” certainly would identify with the idea of “spirituality”.
I realize you were resounding to someone else, but your response of grouping everyone together is ignorant.

I only implied once(? ^), and it was a post pretty much left alone and didn't bother anyone, as I expected. That's my own opinion, and I was not implying that people can't have spiritual moments, as they are personal to the individual.

"show your age" - what are you implying here? I wasn't picking anyone apart, until somebody decided to quote my own post and claim an opposing view (as well as thumb my post down). I was, as you might say, defending my post as I think everyone is allowed to when somebody disagrees with them openly. If you have any problems with my opinion, then provide your counter-argument without adding such sanctimonious (considering you accused me of 'picking people apart') implications.

The 'prove to me you're conscious' argument is a very old method of arguing against the scientific theories of how the human brain works. It also doesn't really relate directly to the ideas behind spirituality. I am no Neurologist, or Psychologist so I cannot give you the specifics, perhaps you should ask Sigmund Freud....if he were alive.

Science is a method, and not an ideology. It does not claim to know the answer to things without providing sufficient evidence, so I am not quite sure what you are trying to say by asking me about consciousness. I never claimed to know about spirituality, I gave my personal observation of the issue based on logic, and that there isn't any evidence to prove the existence of spirits/ghosts/supernatural powers.

If my age bothers you that much, try not to look at my personal information and concentrate on the thread.

Show you age means just what it means.
Don’t be insulting just to be insulting to a huge swath of people on this forum and then get all butt-hurt when someone says something.
No, you are not a Neurologist or Psychologist…and yet you make blanket statements backed by a few quotes by Sigmund Freud who had an oral fixation on his cigars and wanted to fuck his Mom…when he wasn’t high on Coke that is.
I can tell you that I have studied this subject far more in depth that you have yet to touch, I have assisted in more brain surgeries than I can count…does that make me somehow better or smarter than you - no, this is not a challenge to your intelligence JJJJJJA….this is calling out the very pigeon-hole that you think you are calling other’s out of.
How can you say that there is no spiritual life? Have you studied it?
Better yet…have you experienced it?
Because that it the reason many people end up believing in such things…they have real, actual experiences…many times backed up with witnesses.
Mass hysteria and hallucinations do not explain it all Sir.

Last edited:
Science is not a belief system.

Essentially it is based on the belief that the scientific method is the only way to obtain 'real' knowledge. But can one step outside oneself and observe reality objectively? You only have what you believe is true, no?

I'm not promoting ignorance by the way...if there's something I'm promoting it is doubt, thinking for yourself and not taking stuff for granted.

Congratulations on being the first person to give my post a thumb down, by the way.

I only thumbed it down because I didn't agree with what you wrote and thought maybe it was in the wrong thread.

And let me just clarify a thing or two.
Spiritual is quite different in most cases compared to a paranormal experience.
A spiritual experience is always going to be subjective while paranormal may not be.
To discount the subjective experience of someone, that possibly has had a great impact on their lives is unnecessary.

Reactions: Kgal
Some of my more spiritual moments have had to do with dreams that I strongly sense relate to past lives. They are are very vivid, relating to places and times I have little conscious knowledge of and I am always not myself in the dream. That is I feel as if I just kind of fell into another person's life and times. Usually one of these dreams is indication that I am about to have a migraine and feel really ill and psychologically off for a 1-2 weeks, but the dreams themselves are amazing experiences. When I wake up, I often feel quite emotional and cannot relate the content of the dreams in conversation without almost crying because reliving the experience is so oddly intense.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Some of my more spiritual moments have had to do with dreams that I strongly sense relate to past lives. They are are very vivid, relating to places and times I have little conscious knowledge of and I am always not myself in the dream. That is I feel as if I just kind of fell into another person's life and times. Usually one of these dreams is indication that I am about to have a migraine and feel really ill and psychologically off for a 1-2 weeks, but the dreams themselves are amazing experiences. When I wake up, I often feel quite emotional and cannot relate the content of the dreams in conversation without almost crying because reliving the experience is so oddly intense.

I have had some incredible dreams that were so amazingly vivid as well!
I even think for a few fleeting moments I was given a glimpse into whatever life lies beyond this one.

But the most incredible dreams were the ones that I believe warned me that there was a negative “spirit” in my house.
I’ll re-tell the story if you like….not sure where it was posted…but shit was flying through the air.
I cannot just discount that as a hallucination.
Sorry.

Also, I have woken up in tears after seeing dreams of the destruction of worlds…and I wake up sobbing for what feels like the sadness of the whole world that was just destroyed. Very intense.

Reactions: PintoBean
Science is not a belief system. It is a method of obtaining substantial theory through the observation and meticulous study of the natural and physical world. To compare such a method to hallucinations which people often consider to be a part of 'Spirituality' is a giant leap toward the support and encouragement of ignorance.

You're one preachy guy regardless of your so voiced opposition to religion.

[video=youtube;uD2qScZlvYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uD2qScZlvYE[/video]

I realize it’s a plug for his book, but he raises some good questions.​

[video=youtube;uD2qScZlvYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uD2qScZlvYE[/video]

I realize it’s a plug for his book, but he raises some good questions.​

Even if it is a plug for this guy's book, I now actually want to read the book. Very fascinating and eloquent.

I have had some incredible dreams that were so amazingly vivid as well!
I even think for a few fleeting moments I was given a glimpse into whatever life lies beyond this one.

But the most incredible dreams were the ones that I believe warned me that there was a negative “spirit” in my house.
I’ll re-tell the story if you like….not sure where it was posted…but shit was flying through the air.
I cannot just discount that as a hallucination.
Sorry.

Have you read about hypnogogic dreams? They often involve a physical sensation and/or actual vision of an incubus/suucubus type figure. Or simply an intense sensation of an evil presence. I used to get these type dreams more frequently when younger. I still get them occasionally.

Last edited:
Have you read about hypnogogic dreams? They often involve a figure, physical sensation and/or actual vision of an incubus/suucubus type figure. Or simply an intense sensation of an evil presence. I used to get these type dreams more frequently when younger. I still get them occasionally.

Yes, I am familiar with the concept.
And probably in some cases, it is all actually in the mind of the person experiencing it.
That being said…in my own case, I was asleep and began to interact with the “entity” before I was even awake…I sat up in bed out of a completely different dream and began to yell for it to get the fuck out…all I can say it that I pushed it out with very wrong waves that emanated from me.
This was the incident where the mantle clock came flying at me in the dark off the dresser just before I could see (in my mind’s eye) “her” being pushed through my wall.

Since when is it a crime on this forum [MENTION]skarekrow [/MENTION] for someone to include their own opinion on a thread? Oh yeah, when the ideals of the masses are challenged. Then YOU get"butthurt" and "insulted". Should we just start segregating threads now? 'Only post in this thread IF we share the same opinion.' Is that the solution? And people wonder why threads derail. I didn't see AJ going off on all the meat eaters in the vegetarian thread.

Since when is it a crime on this forum [MENTION]skarekrow [/MENTION] for someone to include their own opinion on a thread? Oh yeah, when the ideals of the masses are challenged. Then YOU get"butthurt" and "insulted". Should we just start segregating threads now? 'Only post in this thread IF we share the same opinion.' Is that the solution? And people wonder why threads derail. I didn't see AJ going off on all the meat eaters in the vegetarian thread.

This is needlessly dramatic and patronizing from your part. JJAA has expressed openly and repeatedly his willingness to debate and discuss opposing views.

Last edited:
JJAA has been fairly open about his willingness to debate. Calm down.

My willingness to debate depends entirely upon the person quoting my posts. And to call my opinions 'preaching' is very wide of the mark. Preaching would require me to refuse to discuss any other version of my views. Perhaps you're annoyed that I stand by my views quite passionately, but don't mistake that for narrow-mindedness, simply assurance of my own logic. I suggest you try to tell me why you think I am preaching, perhaps you might show some validity in your accusation.

Last edited:
Reactions: hush and Free
No, please don't edit your post, because then she won't know what you really think. You did accuse her of being patronizing, am I correct? My willingness to debate depends entirely upon the person quoting my posts. And to call my opinions 'preaching' is very wide of the mark. I suggest you try to tell me why you think I am preaching, perhaps you might show some validity in your accusation.

I was making fun of you, not accusing you of anything.

You see, those close minded ministers usually say things among the lines as you do. Like what i quoted previously, promoting your point of view, and dismising everything else as either "ignorance" "hallucinations" and to draw the line to the inquisition "heresy" and "blasphemy" and things like that. You can say whatever you want in this thread, i honesly just thought it was funny to see that contradiction within your posts.

As for your willingness to debate. That's fine, it may suggest that you chicken out with some and you acknowledge that by giving yourself the permision to choose, which is ok...

Ok enough buttons pushed, i'm out of here.

Last edited:

I agree with this statement. It seems that if opposing opinions and ideologies are shared, the minority get stripped down and attacked by those s/he "insults". It is not insulting for someone to have a different outlook on spirituality than myself. It is not insulting me when they share their own views and experiences with it, or even lack thereof. But perhaps that is just me. It is insulting, however, when people gang up on those that have the balls to share an opinion that differs from the majority.

My willingness to debate depends entirely upon the person quoting my posts. And to call my opinions 'preaching' is very wide of the mark. Preaching would require me to refuse to discuss any other version of my views. Perhaps you're annoyed that I stand by my views quite passionately, but don't mistake that for narrow-mindedness, simply assurance of my own logic. I suggest you try to tell me why you think I am preaching, perhaps you might show some validity in your accusation.

Agreed. I think there is a clear difference between "Let's discuss this because my views are different than yours, and here's why.." and attacking a different view and using things such as age and someone's own opinion against against her/himself as ammunition because you disagree with their views on a deep and personal level.

Maybe we should all stop derailing this thread and go back and read Regarding Forum Conflicts, and reconvene without personal attacks.

Can we try to be civil? What I have seen so far is quite a few people accuse [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] of attacking... and then proceed to attack him and call him, for instance, "butt-hurt," a phrase I can't take seriously and which was flung around copiously during this forum's less healthy days. I think much of this could have been avoided if the first response to JJJA's post was a simple, civil "what do you mean by that?" Instead this has de-evolved into personal insults. I've interacted with most of you. You're good people. There's no need for such hostility.

His views are legitimate. Your views are legitimate. We are all free to believe what we believe. A lack of spirituality is just as valid a stance as having an abundance of spirituality.

Reactions: Free
Can we try to be civil? What I have seen so far is quite a few people accuse [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] of attacking... and then proceed to attack him and call him, for instance, "butt-hurt," a phrase I can't take seriously and which was flung around copiously during this forum's less healthy days. I think much of this could have been avoided if the first response to JJJA's post was a simple, civil "what do you mean by that?" Instead this has de-evolved into personal insults. I've interacted with most of you. You're good people. There's no need for such hostility.

His views are legitimate. Your views are legitimate. We are all free to believe what we believe. A lack of spirituality is just as valid a stance as having an abundance of spirituality.

:mlove2:

Reactions: hush
I can understand why it looks offensive though because it really does resemble a snarky comment about how spiritual people are delusional. I left it alone and I only did so because I'm tired of starting fights right now.

From my view his post didn't even express a relevant opinion but it did vaguely seem to invalidate a lot of other opinions. What was the point of even saying something like that? Granted people didn't have to jump on him, but why did that need to be said at all? It doesn't have much of a positive or relevant interpretation.

I’m not discounting the views of @JJJA
He’s got the right to post, and has his blog, and the right to start as many threads as he wants.
He can believe or not believe in a spiritual side of life/death…I could give a flying fuck what he believes.
I pointed out how his comments were insulting and dismissive and how he eluded that anyone who even remotely believes such a thing is ignorant and must have a mental condition.
This thread is supposed to be about your most spiritual moment…if that is a fucking joke to you then bite your tongue or people will say something.
I’m not apologizing for challenging him back when his clear intention was to incite a reaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: hush