Your ISTJ experience! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your ISTJ experience!

I work at the front desk on one of my shifts for this semester with an ISTJ. In short, she is AWESOME! She is such a cool person, and we actually get along really really well. I made her take the test early on when I met her and it sort of didn't make sense, but now that I have gotten to know her better, she definitely is an ISTJ. Because of my functions, I am able to switch over to ISTJ mode if needed, but I act completely like myself around her, and she like me quite a bit. She is kind of a hard ass, and strict with things. Yet, she is actually quite understanding and caring. If something is bothering you, she will try to cheer you up. Of course, in her own non-feeling way, but it works. I have actually grown to really like this type a lot since getting to know her. ISTJ's actually are really wonderful people, you just need to get to know them first (and it is a flaw of the type from what I have seen, but also cross your fingers that they respect you, lol).

Here is a picture of us two working at the desk late one night (the shift is from 10pm-4am, so we get a bit loopy near the end sometimes). In a strange turn of events, we both were using quite a bit of Ne here:

8726_1242310700589_1313991604_691662_7490668_n.jpg

Yes, that is a phone cord wrapped around her head, and I am holding a powerdrill with a pen taped to it.

Last edited:
My partner is an ISTJ.

I can see it working well being male ISTJ and female INFJ but the other way around is a little lacking in the physical affection department. ISTJ females have tons of good points. But, I would strongly suggest to not date one if you are INFJ male. Strongly!

I can see it working well being male ISTJ and female INFJ but the other way around is a little lacking in the physical affection department. ISTJ females have tons of good points. But, I would strongly suggest to not date one if you are INFJ male. Strongly!

My sister is an ISTJ. She's an awesome person - intelligent, witty, insightful and open-minded. Shows all the functional signs of the type (steel trap memory for detail, ability to drive through problems and solve them thoroughly, pragmatic, sensible approach to life) without any of the stereotypical negative traits (bland demeanor, all-work/no-play focus).

That said, I would never recommend her as a partner to an INFJ or any feeler type in general. She doesn't "get" Feeling-based arguments (Fe especially) and will routinely rip folks to tatters who rely on them. I can't imagine she would have the patience to deal with that every day. She's also not especially affectionate to humans (pets yes, people no).

Being an ISTJ is probably the best thing ever. In fact, my personality is so good, that I would never want to trade it for anything. Sometimes I like to think about all the ways in which I rule, (which obviously is a long time!).

Sometimes I think that I am really a border line with some other profile because I can see Ctrl Alt Del's POV's and not think she is rediculous... where as I think many other people with her personality I would think was an ass wipe. Or maybe I used to be a different personality type and the Army made me an ISTJ through brainwashing? Perhaps I just like her and not like the other people. I can't really say I fit into the previous descriptions of ISTJ but maybe I dont see it from your point of view. Well I have things to plan out today, cant spend all my time here writing about myself.

Most people who meet me thing I am the bees knees so I dont understand why you are all being problematic for all my ISTJ brothers and sisters. It is too bad cause you are missing out on the number one best people in the world.

Still living the dream in 2018!!!!

My Satirical ISTJ Experience:

He sat me down on a couch. I couldn't see him., he barely spoke. I talked for hours and explained my dreams, and after the fifth hour he finally said that the talking banana I dreamed about is a metaphor for my severe anxiety surrounding impotence.

My Satirical ISTJ Experience:

He sat me down on a couch. I couldn't see him., he barely spoke. I talked for hours and explained my dreams, and after the fifth hour he finally said that the talking banana I dreamed about is a metaphor for my severe anxiety surrounding impotence.

I knew how it would end halfway through.

Reactions: acd and Pin
upload_2018-3-29_19-31-30.png
Some infj said this in a FB group. Very unlike what I read on here. That person should probably be accused of not being a real infj.

Multiple experiences. I could write about them; importantly, never would I feel the need to use an exclamation point. This speaks volumes.

We used to be together around 2 years. Yes he really pay attention to details, can't do something else before finishing school works and when it's near the exams, the talks are around how to study well and etc. But he's focus too much on himself and seldom to pay attention to others' emotion. Plus he does anything to get the job done and what he wants without caring and thinking it can do harm to another people. We don't get along. I went away

But I pay atention he fits really well with other sensory friends. Yes, the key to get along with ISTJ is have sensor in your two domain functions