Your favourite movie scores? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your favourite movie scores?

The score from Pan's Labyrinth is a REALLY emotionally powerful one!

One of the best (Signs):

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-zh153TEeXc

It's really hard to choose a single movie score as my favorite, since the scores all have different tones to them. Thanks to Stone for keeping this in mind. :)

This was the best part of the score for The Dark Knight:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rEacMWUntCg

Others include Danny Elfman's score for Spider-Man, Howard Shore's score for LOTR (the best parts being Riders of Rohan and main theme), and Hans Zimmer's score for Pirates of the Caribbean. There are probably about 30 different scores that I would list if I had the time to remember them all.

entyqua said:
Inkling said:
Sweeney Todd

Seriously... i will probably not watch the movie again, but i will definitely buy the soundtrack. Such haunting melodies and beautiful singing.... *drifts away in the music*

YES!! All of the Danny Elfman scores for me!

SO corpse bride
Edward scissor hands
Nightmare before christmas

I know there are more but i cant put my finger on it....

Oh, absolutely anything Danny Elfman!!
Stone, thanks for putting up this thread! It's brilliant!

You've been watching "The Holiday", haven't cha ;)

I've been forced to watch that over and over... :roll: :lol:

(Kind of liked it the first couple of times) :oops:

Cameron Diaz' and Jack Black's characters have the best jobs ever.

entyqua said:
ShaiGar said:
WATCH IT!!! It has the "Propellor Scene" Greatest scene in any movie.

..........I hear this all the time...but I think its just had too much hullabaloo....

It has. Do not watch it. It will ruin your life (or at least your "girl cred"--I hate the darned movie, and all my friends [the girls, i mean] are shocked that anyone could not like it). Bleah. Romantic? i don't think so. Breathtaking? Hah, only when i choke in agony. Terrible? Yes.

*bump*

"The Last Samurai" has a very beautiful score.

[YOUTUBE]GFLMLHPVhaw[/YOUTUBE]

The Motorcycle Diaries...*excellent* score if you like a Latin flavor to your soundtrack.

I loved the "Hero" soundtrack (Asian cinema) as well as the soundtracks to "Crouching Tiger", "Gladiator" and "House of Flying Daggers."

Thank you! I was a little worried that no one had mentioned the Chronicles of Narnia. At least The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe had a brilliant track to it! I won't mention that other one...

The Fountain
The Dollars Trilogy

• blade Runner
  • Chariots of Fire
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Tron

cheers,
Ian

its kind of cheating but i love Immortal Beloved. Beethovens 9th is my favorite song hands down. having Ode to Joy playing over the climax is beautiful and powerful, one of my favorite movie scenes.

1. In the house in a heartbeat- John Murphy ( 28 days later soundtrack)
2. Beetlejuice- Danny Elfman ( Beetlejuice)

The Motorcycle Diaries...*excellent* score if you like a Latin flavor to your soundtrack.

Fantastic score!

These are also very good:

The New World
Edward Scissorhands
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Piano
Into the Wild
The Lion King

Okay.. so are we talking only film scores? or soundtracks as well?

Whatever your heart desires.