You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 18 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

You understand very well what this means

tumblr_mml2aosU0d1ri0zeio1_500.jpg

No matter how many times you were proven right they still think you're crazy.

Last edited:
No matter how many times you were proven right they still think you're crazy.

Correctness is not alone evidence for sanity. You can be crazy and right. Most people cannot however be crazy, right, and be aware of both facts. Maybe the awareness can be attributed to being INFJ.

You have the wisdom to realize that 85% of the stuff listed in this thread describes the inner thoughts and experiences of almost every other person on the planet, regardless of their type. The only difference is that, as introverted feelers, you are more likely to be self-conscious and pay these experiences enough prolonged attention to feel they're somehow significant or less likely to happen to anyone else.

Reactions: Radiantshadow
When you are a completely nice and tolerant person; That is until someone pushes too many of your buttons. I'll be really nice and too understanding until I feel like I am being taken advantage of. The claws come out and I will cut you with my words.

When you are at a family gathering with family you haven't seen in a long time. You tend to be quiet not because you are shy, but because you feel everyone in the room and it is overwhelming. My family thinks I am rude. I am NOT rude! I just am overwhelmed.

Or when you see a friend you haven't seen for a long time and you don't know what to say to them. I am a pretty confident person. I went and visited an old friend who is really really insecure. I swear I leached on to what she was feeling. I became very uncomfortable and couldn't think of anything to talk about with her.

Reactions: ScotchandBoots
When you are caught in the battle between guilt and satisfaction
Story of my freaking life. I'm never satisfied completely because I always feel guilty about being satisfied!! URGG!

I tear up when I speak of something deep in meaning to me. What I say is 90% deep. I find myself stopping what I am saying because of the embarrassment of tearing up! These two things are my biggest annoyances about myself.

....when you read all these posts and realize how emotionally depressing you really are.

Guessing. You believe there are real life vampires that feed off peoples energy and leave them feeling drained.

Guessing. You believe there are real life vampires that feed off peoples energy and leave them feeling drained.

Yes. That's everyone aside from me!!!

You know you're an INFJ when you meet new people (in person) and they say gay stuff like "I feel like I have known you my whole life" and people are always mad at you for not contacting them enough, even though you do try and they are busy when you do, but they never contact you initially and you build up resentment for this and eventually stop trying and everyone thinks you are a jerk because you dont put enough into the relationship, even though they are judging you by an arbitrary standard they dont use on anyone else simply for the fucking fact that they just like you MORE then most people because you make them feel good about themselves and are generally helpful and nurturing so when you dont come around they feel that absence MORESO then their "friends" they could care less about seeing...

Seriously. its fucking exhausting! On a personal note, I do my best to make myself available, and when I am around I do everything I can to maximize our fun/relationship and I dont take offense when you are busy, so why am I an asshole when you cant get ahold of me? Your entire rage is predicated by the fact that you are unaware of your own shortcomings in staying in touch and liking me MORE then you probably should simply because I make you "feel" better about yourself. SELFISH DICKS!

/rant over.

So true!

When you realize you are more comfortable with just having acquaintances because having close friends is too emotionally draining/exhausting.

Reactions: invisible
When you realize you are more comfortable with just having acquaintances because having close friends is too emotionally draining/exhausting.

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...you remember a person from years ago but they have no idea who you are.

...you get really angry seeing a child alone in a store and watch them from afar until you see a parent come to make sure they aren't kidnapped.

...making friends with little kids but then getting annoyed when they follow you around.

...wondering what bugs think of you. Especially when they get in your hair and you wonder if they think you smell good.

...hiding from your crush even though he already saw you. (that shit is scary)

...crying when you see something really beautiful.

All me!! Especially about the making friends with kids then getting annoyed by them. I always attract children, then end up getting seriously annoyed that they won't go away.

...when you get offended by things others are only thinking.Those bastards.

Reactions: muir
When you get this in your neck or butt cheek: INFJ® (insert secret personalized number here). Very few people are allowed to get it you know... I can't sit for too much time, but the pain means nothing.
It's easy to identify the ones who get this on a tattoo shop, and it doesn't count. It has to be with molten metal, persian ink and some other species and procedures that i'm not allowed to reveal.

That's all the information i can give.
LeftWingedBD0005597: shhh shhh....bzzzz.... out!

Last edited:
You have the wisdom to realize that 85% of the stuff listed in this thread describes the inner thoughts and experiences of almost every other person on the planet, regardless of their type. The only difference is that, as introverted feelers, you are more likely to be self-conscious and pay these experiences enough prolonged attention to feel they're somehow significant or less likely to happen to anyone else.

Really? I'm INFP and I've never felt "emotionally drained" before in my life, I don't even really know what that means, and that seems to be a pretty common thing here.

Actually I don't think I can relate to anything here, except for one thing, the thing about kids not leaving you alone after you are with them for a little. That's happened to me a lot. Silly partially grown humans. Shoo! Go find some other perceived guardian and life mentor to pester with your questions.

Last edited:
...when someone using the word "nigger" makes you wanna get up & peel all their skin off... :m144:

[video=youtube;0itOCgJtNVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itOCgJtNVU[/video]

On a more serious note I think administering that horrible level of pain on someone for a word they said is just a little over the top.

Are you kidding? I'd help them leave the country.

*FBI agent somewhere in America scribbles a name on a notepad*

there is no such thing as post necromancy, is there??...

Last edited: