You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 19 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

... You can spot a sociopath easily.

... But you are still disappointed, because they were so nice.

Always feeling left out, not part of the group.

Getting super excited in sharing a domain of interest, especially with the opposite sex and your openness being thought off only in terms of narrow, specific attraction (to the other person or in general) and the domain of interest getting lost.

Worst still, if your pure excitement is looked down on then with another person or even a group without even attraction being part of the picture.

This is what puts me off people. Rare is it that people are as courageous as I see they can be. It's great when a full connection is made though so I walk on.

Not sure even if anyone else will relate to this?!!

Everyone has an agenda, except for you.

Reactions: ScotchandBoots
When people can't look you directly in your eyes for too long.

When you fart loudly in public :m039:

You have more fulfilling moments of insight with yourself than with others.

Wishing you'd saved that message from months ago when somebody that you don't know from Adam sends you a patronizing and grandiose message about how they're not going to talk to you (and you don't even fucking know them at all anyway) and wondering what happened to you to make you such a horrible person or whatever all based on one forum post and you later see them complaining about how everyone rejects them.

When even the simplest of things have an over whelming life and beauty that only you can see or feel

Yes and for me when those moments form syncronicities you can clearly see .. and you can voice the syncronicities others fail to see in their lives.

When you use to think you're unique and special though you haven't knew you're INFJ.

..You often know what's ultimately going to happen in people's relationships but hold your tongue more often than not. Better to let them learn for themselves.

..Some of the people you relate to most are fictional.

..You see the potential in others just as vividly as their current state, and often feel an urge to help them unite the two.

..You've been called (either seriously or jokingly) a ''psychologist'' or ''counselor'' more than once by different people at different times.

..You are very eloquent and poetic in your head, but when required to speak you fumble for words.

..You rehearse conversations, have mental monologues and conduct imaginary banters in imaginary situations. But when the time comes, it just never comes out right.

..There have been moments in your life you had wished that conversations were carried out on paper instead of verbally, because you'd be able to express yourself much more adequately that way (maybe an introvert thing?)

..You can detect others' true emotions in the smallest and most unseen of gestures.

..Everything flows and drips into itself, in an endless, interconnected current. And it can be overwhelming.

..You have 'righteous rage'.

..Sometimes you feel out of place in the present, like you were meant to have lived in another, more archaic era.

..You often felt removed from others your own age when you were younger, because most of the time all they seemed to see and talk about was the temporary and superficial, but the only things you really wanted to talk about were the timeless and meaningful.

..You take a moment to contemplate the above and then realize that in a lot of ways that hasn't really changed as you've gotten older.

..You're kind of a metaphorical ocean. Haha.

..when you are talking to someone and something comes up in your mind that you are about to say, but then you decide not to say it, because you know it will lead to a topic that you want to avoid or lead to something that your opposite will not like. But then sometimes you just say it, just to see whether you are right with your predictions.

<'-">
1.You doorslam people many times.
2. You eventually regret what you've done - things that should be done perfectly.
3. Uncontrollable thoughts of everything - a stone hit on the surface of water that brings forth ripple.
4. "Literally, I'm not literally speaking."
5. Procastinating technique!
6. "Who aren't you?"
7. Ms. ENFP says "OMG!! How'd you do that, that's soo totally great! (with big dreamy eyes [almost all of them])" Then Mr. INFJ replied "Seriously, I don't know, I can't tell it."
8. Have intense eyes.
9. Sweaty palm of hands.
10. "You may think I'm totally serious, but not really." - to be continued.

For better or for worse, at times getting lost in thought comes so naturally that I literally have to remind myself to see the things that my eyes are pointed at.

And then, sometimes, you realize you are staring at something you shouldn't be. Hopefully no one saw you, so you don't have to explain that you weren't actually looking.

Reactions: Grey Wolf
When your coworker finally spins completely out of control, leaving horrible, dangerous messes to be cleaned up, and you're the calmest one in the office, because you saw it coming months ago, and already went through the frustration/disillusionment/disgust/acceptance process. And realized that vacations are a fantasy for months to come.

This is a good one! Seems like I'm the calm one in crisis situations, and the most restless and anxious when everything is going fine.

♠ I = Inscrutable
♥ N = Novelty
♦ F = Flow
♣ J = Jack-of-all-trades