Would you kill a puppy for $1000000? | Page 26 | INFJ Forum

Would you kill a puppy for $1000000?

I don't. In both cases you are destroying a living thing for your own gratification. You don't need the million to survive.

Just because they are both self motivated does not make them the same thing. There's a lot of things you don't need to survive. If you properly invest a million though you won't have a need to ever work in an industry you hate ever again, you can achieve your dreams. It also doesn't mean it's something you would enjoy doing.

Last edited:
Obvz the best thread of the year.

No. I can't even kill a spider without feeling bad. I wouldn't be able to live with my conscience knowing I had to take an innocent life for the money and would be forever plagued by guilt. No amount of money can ever make me do that.

Vegetation is a living organism also. We simply ignore that aspect because it does not display signs of sentience, so we accept that it is okay to use for our own ends.

I'm not sure. I would have to be in the situation to decide, and I would probably carry that decision around for a long time, wondering, given the following.

On one hand, I could see myself doing it. If I decided to marry and raise children, $1,000,000 would be an invaluable financial relief: college(s), potential medical issues, sufficient dwelling space, exposure to various interests (music, art, dance, martial arts, whatever), and so on. Additionally, spending the money in self-interest could mean financing school programs and such because education is very important to you. If I had the power to send students to say, Ravenna to see all of the art there first-hand and better understand the time period leading up to the Dark Ages and thus, have a more complete understanding of history, I would do it. Less drastic: something like funding textbooks and repairs/upgrades could make a difference. The list goes on.

If I were to kill something that had never wronged me, it would be clean and painless. As the OP did not put any parameters, I'd put it to sleep first, then inject something else to stop its heart so it wouldn't suffer. I would probably then cremate it and keep its ashes as a reminder of the cost. Torture is against my rule-book.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I could make myself do it. Thinking about the act gives me a headache and my body tenses up and shudders a little. Famed historic wars and slaughters come to mind - the Crusades, the American Civil War, the French Revolution, and the World Wars, in particular - and I wonder: where does it end? Is it us that permits, and to an extent, encourages this behavior, or is it our placement? I think it lies somewhere in the middle, around Zen Buddhism and looking outside one's self. But I digress, and need to take a peaceful walk for the headache to go away.

Last edited:
No. I can't even kill a spider without feeling bad. I wouldn't be able to live with my conscience knowing I had to take an innocent life for the money and would be forever plagued by guilt. No amount of money can ever make me do that.

I hate killing things as well, but I'm also very anxious about spiders, I don't like the idea of them crawling over me while I sleep drinking water from my eyes and biting me so in the past I used to kill them - by the dozen, my room had loads of them.

But then a miracle happened - I found out you can buy citrus essential oil, mix a few drops with water and spray it all over - and it repels them *very* effectively - I used to get about 5 spiders per day in here, now I haven't seen a single one for 2 months. Hope that helps someone :p

Everyone who says they wouldnt do it is a liar.

could i pay someone else to kill it?

I might be willing to make a concession for someone starving in a post apocalyptic world who has to catch and kill a puppy to feed themselves.
Otherwise, no. I'll kill you for free. Is that unethical?

And @uberrogo
Incorrect.

I might be willing to make a concession for someone starving in a post apocalyptic world who has to catch and kill a puppy to feed themselves.
Otherwise, no. I'll kill you for free. Is that unethical?

And @uberrogo
Incorrect.

I may be inclined to believe you since I have a photo of you with leather shoes. I think you paid someone much less than a million to kill that animal.

Everyone who says they wouldnt do it is a liar.

I could also legitimately believe I would do so according to the rules stated by the hypothetical question and answer yes, but that wouldn't disqualify me from also being a liar.