Why the ISTJ animosity? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why the ISTJ animosity?

We probably wouldn't get along if we both hadn't already accepted the premise that: People are different and we don't need to change them or adjust them to fit our respective fancies. I like you because you're quite different from me, you see things differently and care about different things. And yet neither of us takes ourselves seriously enough to get all bent out of shape about our personality differences.

It is pretty annoying to see all the whining about specific types who don't understand the whiner or do things their way. So, before anyone wants to whine about how much SJs suck or how closed off NTs are or any other junk stereotype (yada yada) you may want to pause and consider this: "I should totally get over myself!"

I can respect that. But that doesn't change the fact that SJ's are my biggest detractors and cause the biggest issues in my life.

I respect that we don't want to hurt anyone. But the same time I'm not going to pretend things are perfect either.

Reactions: Moxie
I can respect that. But that doesn't change the fact that SJ's are my biggest detractors and cause the biggest issues in my life.

I respect that we don't want to hurt anyone. But the same time I'm not going to pretend things are perfect either.

I'll be frank, seems like scapegoating an entire theorized personality type for your problems. It's more about how you overcome your issues than who's keepin you down.

You're not SJ oppressed for goodness sakes. You're not getting a billy-club to the back of the knee whenever you go to the SJ side of town.

We probably wouldn't get along if we both hadn't already accepted the premise that: People are different and we don't need to change them or adjust them to fit our respective fancies. I like you because you're quite different from me, you see things differently and care about different things. And yet neither of us takes ourselves seriously enough to get all bent out of shape about our personality differences.

It is pretty annoying to see any whining about specific types who don't understand the whiner or do things their way. So, before anyone wants to whine about how much SJs suck or how closed off NTs are or any other junk stereotype (yada yada) you may want to pause and consider this: "I should totally get over myself!"

Joining an mbti forum and feeling justified in now having another tool to complain about people for being different than yourself just communicates how ineffective that individual is in their interactions, and also how incapable they are of accepting responsibility for their relational shortcomings..
I love everyone in the world, but fanatic Wishbone fans. For some reason they really grind my gears. Or they're awesome. I can't remember which, but I refuse not to lump them all together and stereotype. I mean, they're obviously all the same person, and I obviously would have the same interactions with every single one of them.

I'll be frank, seems like scapegoating an entire theorized personality type for your problems. It's more about how you overcome your issues than who's keepin you down.

You're not SJ oppressed for goodness sakes. You're not getting a billy-club to the back of the knee whenever you go to the SJ side of town.

I won't get into specifics here but its safe to say. SJ's have problems with the way I am and the way I live my life.

I come from a whole family of SJ's and its hard to simply not be a part of that when problems arise.

I've friends that are SJ's and are not the stereotypical of the type. But that doesn't mean others don't cause problems.

I don't want to keep dragging this out for various reasons but in simple terms my problems and animosity towards some SJ's are well founded and I'll just leave at that.

I don't want uber to leave.

You're not getting a billy-club to the back of the knee whenever you go to the SJ side of town.
You don't? I know I do. :p

It's because STJ is "the man" and everybody loves to stick it to the man!

I love everyone in the world, but fanatic Wishbone fans. For some reason they really grind my gears. Or they're awesome. I can't remember which, but I refuse not to lump them all together and stereotype. I mean, they're obviously all the same person, and I obviously would have the same interactions with every single one of them.

I think your half of the rhino is malfunctioning! *kick*

Reactions: bamf
Uber is not 'the man'.
Sure, he likes dressing fancy and wearing his pillbox hats.. but he hates work and could never be a bureacrat. This is a man who once took a job at McDonalds just to see what it was like.