Why do I keep testing ISFJ? | INFJ Forum

Why do I keep testing ISFJ?

Eniko

May snark if provoked
Donor
May 13, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I've consistently tested INFJ on every MBTI test I ever took until like... this year. That's at least 6 years of consistently testing as INFJ.

And now I suddenly keep scoring as ISFJ. What the heck is up with that?

Maybe I've worked too hard on developing my shadow functions, and I've started relying on my most natural functions less and less. I still take their input, but then I spend much more time with my shadow functions balancing both to reach a conclusion.

Which means that on tests that ask me what I do, rather than what is most natural, quickest and easiest, I rate my shadow functions very high? I don't know. It's the only thing I can conceive to account for these test results. I'm most definitely not an ISFJ, but an INFJ.

EDIT: In case anyone cares, here's the scores I just got from cognitiveprocesses.com:

xtraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.1)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.1)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use

Last edited:
People on the chat tell me I'm an ISTJ, I don't know what to do help!

sheep.jpg

I've consistently tested INFJ on every MBTI test I ever took until like... this year. That's at least 6 years of consistently testing as INFJ.

And now I suddenly keep scoring as ISFJ. What the heck is up with that?

Maybe I've worked too hard on developing my shadow functions, and I've started relying on my most natural functions less and less. I still take their input, but then I spend much more time with my shadow functions balancing both to reach a conclusion.

Which means that on tests that ask me what I do, rather than what is most natural, quickest and easiest, I rate my shadow functions very high? I don't know. It's the only thing I can conceive to account for these test results. I'm most definitely not an ISFJ, but an INFJ.

EDIT: In case anyone cares, here's the scores I just got from cognitiveprocesses.com:

xtraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused
excellent use
average use
average use
average use
good use
good use
excellent use

Is it just this test, or others?

People on the chat tell me I'm an ISTJ, I don't know what to do help!
Well, I see how you got your post count that high. Obviously by posting stupid shit like that, good job!
Is it just this test, or others?
Three tests over the past two days, one time I got INFJ, two times I got ISFJ.

Reactions: acd
Well that one typed me INFJ 85%. (Then it goes INTJ 80%, ENFJ 71% and ISFJ 68%)

So 2 out of 4 isn't all that bad. I still really don't understand why I'm mistyping so much now and I always, consistently typed INFJ in the past.

Well that one typed me INFJ 85%. (Then it goes INTJ 80%, ENFJ 71% and ISFJ 68%)

So 2 out of 4 isn't all that bad. I still really don't understand why I'm mistyping so much now and I always, consistently typed INFJ in the past.

Quite simply, you're answering Si questions more favorably.

Why you've changed this preference is the real question.

Because you are broken.

Maybe some of your environmental factors have caused a change in the way you process information.

It sounds like maybe you have a fairly balanced relationship between you Ni and Si, but they are likely to shift, depending on your mood, stress, and the environment.

If you really feel that you must choose one, then perhaps ask yourself:

Do I focus more on the past or the future?
Also, take into account which function you think might be your inferior.

Ne or Se?

And now I'm accused of using Ne as opposed to Ni.

I am dissapoint

Quite simply, you're answering Si questions more favorably.

Why you've changed this preference is the real question.
Yeah, I'm reading up on Si and I don't really understand what the function is supposed to do. Does it just allow you to know when the details of something known have changed between instances?

Maybe some of your environmental factors have caused a change in the way you process information.

It sounds like maybe you have a fairly balanced relationship between you Ni and Si, but they are likely to shift, depending on your mood, stress, and the environment.

If you really feel that you must choose one, then perhaps ask yourself:

Do I focus more on the past or the future?
Also, take into account which function you think might be your inferior.

Ne or Se?
I definitely focus more on the future than the past. I learned long ago though that I needed to structure my introverted intuition with a lot of other functions. I found that "just knowing the end result" should be the beginning of my decision making process, not the entire process. Initially I know I used Ti to do that, and I've done that for many years.

Is it possible that I'm now structuring and checking my intuition against the past, and previously observed patterns? Is that even Si? Like I said I don't really understand Si as a function that well.

Also I'm pretty sure that Se is my weakest function. I probably have much better Ne than Se. What does that indicate?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm reading up on Si and I don't really understand what the function is supposed to do. Does it just allow you to know when the details of something known have changed between instances?

I definitely focus more on the future than the past. I learned long ago though that I needed to structure my introverted intuition with a lot of other functions. I found that "just knowing the end result" should be the beginning of my decision making process, not the entire process. Initially I know I used Ti to do that, and I've done that for many years.

Is it possible that I'm now structuring and checking my intuition against the past, and previously observed patterns? Is that even Si? Like I said I don't really understand Si as a function that well.

Also I'm pretty sure that Se is my weakest function. I probably have much better Ne than Se. What does that indicate?

Then perhaps you are infj. As an infj, I actually identify a lot with the Si function in itself, but am more of an Infj as a whole (haha there goes my Ni, talking about the big picture again). Think about how your interests, and how a strong Ni can manifest itself in those interests.

Think about Si, and the hobbies and careers that Si users tend to take on.

Good luck!

That you're an ISFJ.

excellent use

excellent use
good use

good use

average use
average use
average use

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused

Your cognitive function patterns on this test are extremely indicative of ISFJ. Your Fi midpoints your Si and Fe, very normal. Your Ti and Ni midpoint your Ti and Ne. Your Si is higher than your Ni by over a dozen points, which rules out some sort of tie.

However, this is only one test, and there might be a personal bias between you, it, and Si. It is possible that this test is not especially accurate for you. That test scores my Fi unusually high due to the wording of the questions, and I have scored everything from INFJ, ENFJ, INFP, and ENFP on it, depending on how strongly my Ne is running that day. I even scored ENTJ one day.

If you're especially concerned about making sure one of these types is the absolute correct one, you're likely an INFJ. The other test result certainly seems to agree.

You know better than any test, don't sweat it.

I've arbitrarily tested wackily. I think it has to do with where you're at in life. For example if you're studying a lot of logic right now, that could be why. Like others have said, don't sweat it. :)

I've arbitrarily tested wackily. I think it has to do with where you're at in life. For example if you're studying a lot of logic right now, that could be why. Like others have said, don't sweat it. :)

Actually logic would be Ti/Te

Actually logic would be Ti/Te
I'm sure you know better than me....

It was just my experience that when thrown into different life situations, I sometimes tend to test radically differently, but when things settle back down I settle back into INFJ.

Last edited:
I'm sure you know better than me....

It was just my experience that when thrown into different life situations, I sometimes tend to test radically differently, but when things settle back down I settle back into INFJ.

We all do that trust me. Just make me spend time with my SJ family.lol

We all do that trust me. Just make me spend time with my SJ family.lol

I feel the pain!
No!!! nho nho nho!!! >:-(
XD

Hey besides their is nothing wrong with being an ISFJ! My dad is one and he's been developing his Ni and Fi more. He might have some of the problems other ISFJ but he's improving.

And besides their no need to try to aim for INFJ (like I did), I took the test and got INF(bearly more F)X. I read the INFJ and thought this is just like me and it was flattering. I was afraid of changing into a thinker, sensor or something. Then I saw good examples of a lot of types. Like my ISTP Calculus teacher (best teacher ever).... ESTJ coach.... I can go into detail if you want.

I also so bad examples of INFJ and actually I use to think Idealst temperment was superior but I saw a kind of a reflection of my own undoings in them (not only INFJ's). (I can go into detail if you want)

You are what you are. No matter what type you can improve or be whatever you want. Nothing is better or worse all types can do some good and have their own special charm :)

Edit: ISFJ can actually do a lot of good. If they can detach (Ni) more from the secular world (you know what I mean) they can do more good by activily being involved in the community (Si) like organizing events and so on.....
I just don't want people to have the same resentment I use to have with SJ and others.

Last edited: