Why do I keep testing ISFJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why do I keep testing ISFJ?

These tests can be iffy.

I got ISFJ when I was experimenting with the test, I try to be more sensing but I am more naturally iN. I think its partly due to the people around me. I know for a fact I am an INFJ, test or not.

Just to clarify, since I don't want anyone to get the wrong picture; I don't think there's anything wrong with testing ISFJ. It's just that I already know I am not, and I was intrigued that the pattern of consistently scoring INFJ for 7 years had apparently changed, and wanted to find out how I had changed to create that.

... Hah, amusingly isn't that Si, too?

And that's the key, isn't it? Feeling comfortable in your own skin, whatever it is.

Eniko, I think you need to ask yourself if you've been under stress either before or after you tested your type. If you're more comfortable with details and facts and figures, and with stuff that makes *sense* then I'd say you're closer to ISFJ. If you're closer with being in your head a lot and being a little less practical and you tend to miss a few things because you were in your head (heh) then you're probably INFJ.

Neither is better, or worse.

Like someone mentioned in another thread, do a temperament check.

SJ - traditions, responsibility, loyalty, practical, dislikes change
NF - growth, romance, dreamer, not-so-practical, likes change

Self-assessment with the MBTI or KTS is only about 67% accurate due to multiple factors (what is going on with you at the moment, idealized versus actual traits, etc..). My own personal experience is that if you take the assessment too often you will end up with spurious results as well. Once a week is the most I recommend.

SJ - traditions, responsibility, loyalty, practical, dislikes change
NF - growth, romance, dreamer, not-so-practical, likes change
Haha, I identify strongly with both. Definitely more NF than SJ, though.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys but I really do know I'm an INFJ. Ni does come the easiest to me, it takes no effort at all to use it while Si really does. I guess it's just a sign of me relying on my intuition less and less to make my decisions, because it's not at all always appropriate for sound decision making if you ask me.

Though it's certainly possible I'm well balanced between ISFJ and INFJ. But the ISFJ parts are definitely things I trained myself from my background, not something that I knew how to do innately. :) Add my Se being incredibly weak for an INFJ to that, and I guess it explains it.

Plus even though I haven't been stressed lately the past few weeks have been uh, pretty intense.

I've consistently tested INFJ on every MBTI test I ever took until like... this year. That's at least 6 years of consistently testing as INFJ.

And now I suddenly keep scoring as ISFJ. What the heck is up with that?

Maybe I've worked too hard on developing my shadow functions, and I've started relying on my most natural functions less and less. I still take their input, but then I spend much more time with my shadow functions balancing both to reach a conclusion.

Which means that on tests that ask me what I do, rather than what is most natural, quickest and easiest, I rate my shadow functions very high? I don't know. It's the only thing I can conceive to account for these test results. I'm most definitely not an ISFJ, but an INFJ.

EDIT: In case anyone cares, here's the scores I just got from cognitiveprocesses.com:

xtraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.1)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.1)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
One thing to think about is that we begin to develop our tertiary function around 25 years of age. If you want an accurate assessment of your type, I always tell people they should think about the way they were between the ages of 6 and 22... basically school-aged. That is most likely to give you your foundational type. The tertiary and inferior tend to muddy the water once they start developing, in my experience.

Oh... and I always test as an INTP on that test, though there's no way I could possibly be a P.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, since I don't want anyone to get the wrong picture; I don't think there's anything wrong with testing ISFJ. It's just that I already know I am not, and I was intrigued that the pattern of consistently scoring INFJ for 7 years had apparently changed, and wanted to find out how I had changed to create that.

... Hah, amusingly isn't that Si, too?
Opps sorry?