Why are you here if you are not INFJ? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why are you here if you are not INFJ?

I think there are just a lot of discussions on typology that are interesting here. It's often hard for people to decide they're a given type without considering alternatives and ruling them out, so a lot of the discussion gets into the similarities and differences.

But anecdotally, once I studied the functions version of the theory, I considered the various N types with Ti. I have considered INTP or a "NT>FS" flavored INFJ during the process, and also juggled many versions of the functions theory before deciding on an understanding I think most elegant. And eventually, I actually decided there wasn't a good reason to rule out an e-dominant type, and NeTi fit like a glove, and explained the inferior S that I almost always felt most intuitive.
I don't have the same problems around the F-function, and this probably especially fits with my considering myself an "N"-subtype over a "T"-subtype, i.e. where the N>>>S is more prominent than the NT>FS chasm.
I think the INFJ combo and ENTP seem to have interesting potential for dialogue.

Same. I thought I'd finally joined you in the 6w5 phobic clan, but I see you've already left for the 6w7s... sigh.

PS. I still identify as INFJ, though. Most reasonable alternative would definitely be some kind of NTP.

Right :smile:

I thought your bias comment to the OP in the "Easily Offended"-thread was very ENTP btw (I'm still ruminating). :grin:
It is also very ENFP. They can become deeply offended. I had a lover like that once. The charm and sense of humor - something special. Very passionate.

He was high maintenance on the emotional side though. I think the smothering insecurity and the constant talking got to me in the end. The problem was not his intellect - he is a member of Mensa so the conversation was pretty interesting - there was just so much of it. A bit clingy and needy.

And he liked cookies. :smirk:

Reactions: Jexocuha
I think one's experience of type in another is very dependent on many personal and unique factors in that person as well. I would maybe find it useful to visit a thread on another type if I am in a relationship with that person and need to see some blind spot or pick up on something useful that will enable me to help him.

A forum is the observation of theory in practice.

Reactions: Jexocuha
I’m here because I crave authenticity in life, and I abhor small talk. Two of my best friends (one of which is my aunt) are INFJs and they have changed my life in an abundance of ways.

Carl Jung was an INFJ and a brilliant man, and learning about my own cognitive functions has changed who I am and how I view this world and my place in it.

I adore INFJs, and I’m an extrovert that can’t find any! So, I discovered this website the other day and joined—so I can at least be around INFJs online. :)

That being said—I’m an American in Wales, if anyone else is also in this time zone, then good afternooon!!

In sum, to meet real and authentic (not mistyped) INFJs.

I’m here because I crave authenticity in life, and I abhor small talk. Two of my best friends (one of which is my aunt) are INFJs and they have changed my life in an abundance of ways.

Carl Jung was an INFJ and a brilliant man, and learning about my own cognitive functions has changed who I am and how I view this world and my place in it.

I adore INFJs, and I’m an extrovert that can’t find any! So, I discovered this website the other day and joined—so I can at least be around INFJs online. :)

That being said—I’m an American in Wales, if anyone else is also in this time zone, then good afternooon!!

In sum, to meet real and authentic (not mistyped) INFJs.
Welcome to the forum, Red Dragon!

Hopefully you can get out of the forum what you came for. There's a plethora of threads within the forum which shares the experiences and insights of INFJs if you're interested, and many communal threads to get to know others better in.
Sometimes an introductory thread is a good way to feel more comfortable here, as it allows for people to get to know you.

Afternoon to you too, hopefully the weather in Wales today is as lovely as it is over in the SE of England.

Afternoon!

oo! I didn’t think of an introductory thread—plus, I don’t want to be cringeworthy—would that be cringeworthy? Hah

I can’t wait to dive down all the rabbit holes this forum has to offer. I’m quite giddy about it, to be fair.

Oh the weather is very un-Welsh and quite sunshiny! I’m getting spoiled!

Happy to hear it’s lovely on your side of the island. *waves to SE England*

I’ll try to figure out how (and where) to create an intro thread. Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*

-Josette (ENFP)