Why are we so apathetic? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Why are we so apathetic?

I know you and Muir think it’s a conspiracy theory and for that I say “Fine.”
But it’s a win-win to clean the environment up, stop cutting trees, move away from fossil fuels.
It’s a non sequitur to argue about the science…and maybe there isn’t anything we can do about the temperature changes…but you have to agree that cutting down giant sections of the rainforest is bad…dirty water is bad…trash everywhere is bad….I mean give me a break…stop picking it apart to the point that you’ve convinced yourself it’s okay to not give a fuck.

See thats my exact point. What the iie brings isnt a bad thing. But its all based on a lie.
Why is that bad? Because if we spend all that time and money fighting a problem based on a lie and stop looking for the potential real cause... what happens if we find the real cause only to find out we could have done something if we had done so further back?

See thats my exact point. What the iie brings isnt a bad thing. But its all based on a lie.
Why is that bad? Because if we spend all that time and money fighting a problem based on a lie and stop looking for the potential real cause... what happens if we find the real cause only to find out we could have done something if we had done so further back?
And so I will use this same argument that you just used to follow up on the previous question about Reagan.
Yes, there were people who prospered, but they did so by selling out the futures of their own children.
It was all based on a lie…it was a Ponzi scheme.
Did you know that Social security used to be very solvent…this was because the govt. couldn’t touch it.
Reagan tapped it, and we have tapped it ever since…it wasn’t his/their money to tap…it was the people’s money taken front their paychecks.
Now it too has become a Ponzi scheme.

I won’t bother with the statistics unless you really want to keep an open mind about it, but I think you have already made it up for some time now.

Last edited:
I know you and Muir think it’s a conspiracy theory and for that I say “Fine.”
But it’s a win-win to clean the environment up, stop cutting trees, move away from fossil fuels.
It’s a non sequitur to argue about the science…and maybe there isn’t anything we can do about the temperature changes…but you have to agree that cutting down giant sections of the rainforest is bad…dirty water is bad…trash everywhere is bad….I mean give me a break…stop picking it apart to the point that you’ve convinced yourself it’s okay to not give a fuck.

If the people behind the climate change hype cared so much about the environment why would they frack the soil to destruction?

Why would they drop depleted uranium all over war zones?

why would they allow fukishima to continue being mismanaged?

Why would they spray toxic nano-particulates over the planet (geoengineering) that causes tree die back?

Why would they chop down the rainforests to make way for beef and soya bean farming?

Why would their corporations dump toxins into river courses and the sea?

Why would their oil companies cut corners leading to oil spills?

Why would they promote air travel and motor car use and oil consumption?

Why would they use monsanto GMO's that will change the biosphere?

Why do they over fish the seas?

Why would they push the destructive and wasteful ideology of consumerism?

Why would they use endocrine depsruptors like glysophate in Monsantos roundup spray?

Why would a chemical big agri-business destroy soil quality through pesticides sprays instead of pursuing organic and permaculture?

and so on and so on

They don't give two hoots about the environment...they ARE the biggest pollutors

If the people behind the climate change hype cared so much about the environment why would they frack the soil to destruction?

Why would they drop depleted uranium all over war zones?

why would they allow fukishima to continue being mismanaged?

Why would they spray toxic nano-particulates over the planet (geoengineering) that causes tree die back?

Why would they chop down the rainforests to make way for beef and soya bean farming?

Why would their corporations dump toxins into river courses and the sea?

Why would their oil companies cut corners leading to oil spills?

Why would they promote air travel and motor car use and oil consumption?

Why would they use monsanto GMO's that wil, change the biosphere?

Why would they push the destructive and wasteful ideology of consumerism?

Why would they use endocrine depsruptors like glysophate in Monsantos roundup spray?

Why would a chemical big agri-business destroy soil quality through pesticides sprays instead of pursuing organic and permaculture?

and so on and so on

They don't give two hoots about the environment...they ARE the biggest pollutors

Muir I’m not saying that there is or isn’t some kind of conspiracy going on…what I am saying is we should fight for a clean planet regardless of who is being manipulated by whom.

Muir I’m not saying that there is or isn’t some kind of conspiracy going on…what I am saying is we should fight for a clean planet regardless of who is being manipulated by whom.

I'm all for a clean planet too but we need to be careful because certain movements are co-pted to be used for other agendas

The wider picture here is the plan of the money men to create a new world order and it's them who have the money to finance a lot of these movements and all the media window trapping that surrounds them

So they will fund groups to protest about 'climate change' but its so the can piggy back off that energy to achieve their own goals

I'm all for a clean planet too but we need to be careful because certain movements are co-pted to be used for other agendas

The wider picture here is the plan of the money men to create a new world order and it's them who have the money to finance a lot of these movements and all the media window trapping that surrounds them

So they will fund groups to protest about 'climate change' but its so the can piggy back off that energy to achieve their own goals

Just so long as we can finally holds some folks accountable…and I mean everyone…the bankers, the polluters…haven’t we evolved far enough in our group think to overcome such things?

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]

What I’m really getting at is when are people going to finally see that they have just been given enough to barely live on…a certain percentage are successful therefore giving everyone else something to “strive” for with harder work…then if you still hate your life, it’s not the system, it’s YOU…here, take a pill, weed is now legal go forget your troubles.
This is the “apathy” that I talk about.

People are not at all apathetic in standing for what they believe in. Their apathy is in their failing to spend the time to figure out what to believe in. This makes them ignorant and dangerous. It would be better if they were just apathetic in everything.
But lets be honest. It is impossible to have a good understanding of everything and with how complex this world is getting it is hard to even have a good understanding of a few things. I only wish people would take more time to dig into things and question their beliefs once in a while.

People are not at all apathetic in standing for what they believe in. Their apathy is in their failing to spend the time to figure out what to believe in. This makes them ignorant and dangerous. It would be better if they were just apathetic in everything.

Isn’t that the direction society is heading?
Blindly following the talking heads?
Critical thinking is a bad mark is school.
You think this would be better?

In what post-ruination world are people going to live?
I have to say, your lack of compassion is disturbing.

Isn’t that the direction society is heading?
Blindly following the talking heads?
Critical thinking is a bad mark is school.
You think this would be better?

In what post-ruination world are people going to live?
I have to say, your lack of compassion is disturbing.

I don't understand what you think my position is in my statement. I made an observation but didn't indicate a side.

An example: Joe thinks he is helping the environment and reducing his carbon footprint by getting an electric car. Joe never took the time to see where his electricity comes from and does not realize his power comes from a coal plant and the loss of electricity efficiency to transport the power from the plant to his house is 30% loss so Joe who was burning a cleaner fuel at a higher efficiency in his car is now running his car on, essentially, coal powered energy with a lot less efficiency. Way to go Joe!

@muir

What I’m really getting at is when are people going to finally see that they have just been given enough to barely live on…a certain percentage are successful therefore giving everyone else something to “strive” for with harder work…then if you still hate your life, it’s not the system, it’s YOU…here, take a pill, weed is now legal go forget your troubles.
This is the “apathy” that I talk about.

I think they are only legalising weed because they are going to GMO it

Just so long as we can finally holds some folks accountable…and I mean everyone…the bankers, the polluters…haven’t we evolved far enough in our group think to overcome such things?

i'm not seeing enough evolution in any thinking at the moment to make any confident prediction about any foreseeable holding of anyone accountable

What i'm seeing is a few awakening people and a mass of dumbed down people clinging obstinately to delusion about the state of the world and what's really behind it all

I don't understand what you think my position is in my statement. I made an observation but didn't indicate a side.
Do you have a side??
An example: Joe thinks he is helping the environment and reducing his carbon footprint by getting an electric car. Joe never took the time to see where his electricity comes from and does not realize his power comes from a coal plant and the loss of electricity efficiency to transport the power from the plant to his house is 30% loss so Joe who was burning a cleaner fuel at a higher efficiency in his car is now running his car on, essentially, coal powered energy with a lot less efficiency. Way to go Joe!
Why do you think that I would be for something as inefficient as what you presume?

I am a very compassionate person.
I hear no humanity within your statements.

i'm not seeing enough evolution in any thinking at the moment to make any confident prediction about any foreseeable holding of anyone accountable

What i'm seeing is a few awakening people and a mass of dumbed down people clinging obstinately to delusion about the state of the world and what's really behind it all
Shit is going to get worse before we have people really waking up.
The riots in Baltimore and elsewhere are the beginning symptoms of that suppression.

Do you have a side??

I would be against apathy and would encourage others to learn and think about where we are headed and make decisions to change this always for the better. I cannot change the course of society but 'we all together' can change the course of society and since to do nothing is guaranteed to fail I must at least do something no matter how little chance it may have in making a difference because the chances of success in that are at least better than nothing.

Why do you think that I would be for something as inefficient as what you presume?
It wasn't about you ...I don't remember talking about you...

I hear no humanity within your statements.
An intuition? A feeling? Can you define it for me? What is humanity to you? Where have my statements fallen short of that? This is a sincere question, I am not questioning the validity of your feeling on this matter. I question to understand your feelings.

Last edited:
The riots in Baltimore and elsewhere are the beginning symptoms of that suppression.

Thats true. Whats going to go down is going to make occupy wall street look like a birthday party for a child that no one knows. You see all this time minorities have been manipulating the system to get what they think they want with help from the media its been having an effect. Just not the one they wanted. The general population has had enough and the breaking point is just around the corner.
As for not giving me the numbers on Ronald Reagan. .. there arent any such numbers. Again theres a clear line there and its completely politically motivated.
Until you start listening to news sources that give you the real facts youll never know the real world. Thats just the simple truth.

People are being squeezed between the banker created 'austerity' and the banker controlled and militarised police who are being used to suppress the rising anger of the public

The police are becoming hired thugs of the bankers taking money to bully their own communities

Oh and just to follow up on my above post. Yes I know that all news sources report on the stories that are in line with what they wish to promote or bring to light. And those stories fall along political ideals. However when news stations blatantly lie or provide false information its time to turn your back on them. Mixing some truth in with white lies or blatant lies ...well I suppose its easiest to say intjs do not tolerate lies.
I sat in a room full of 50 inch monitors for 5 years or so. CNN, MSNbc and Foxnews playing side by side. Foxnews annoyed me because of all their religious belly aching. "Why is Christianity being attacked..." bs all the time. But regarding what was actually happening in the world. Always facts, always checked out. Liberals and minorities condem foxnews because they dont like what they say. Even though factually it checks out. MsNBC qnd CNN on the other hand always being caught in a lie or not reporting on something in hopes of the story being buried. If it wasnt for foxnews those stories would be.
So yeah, fill your head with only the stuff you want to hear. In the end youll not know the real world. Its a common result these days. [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] when I said I found you to be intelligent I mean that. But you cant stop at half the information, know half of one perspective if you are going to solve anything. Right now with your focus you are part of the problem, not the solution. But I suspect you know that already because your solution doesnt leave any room for people being free to live their lives supported by themselves. You want a nation fully reliant on its government. The government will tell you where you can live, how many children you can have, what food you can eat, what doctor you can see...yeah I will have no part of that. So yes, what people dont realize is once you push too far you are going to wake the sleeping majority up and they will take back whats theirs and lock the country down so that theres no chance of it ever happening again. Thats just the way its going to be.