Why are we so apathetic? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Why are we so apathetic?

Oh and just to follow up on my above post. Yes I know that all news sources report on the stories that are in line with what they wish to promote or bring to light. And those stories fall along political ideals. However when news stations blatantly lie or provide false information its time to turn your back on them. Mixing some truth in with white lies or blatant lies ...well I suppose its easiest to say intjs do not tolerate lies.
I sat in a room full of 50 inch monitors for 5 years or so. CNN, MSNbc and Foxnews playing side by side. Foxnews annoyed me because of all their religious belly aching. "Why is Christianity being attacked..." bs all the time. But regarding what was actually happening in the world. Always facts, always checked out. Liberals and minorities condem foxnews because they dont like what they say. Even though factually it checks out. MsNBC qnd CNN on the other hand always being caught in a lie or not reporting on something in hopes of the story being buried. If it wasnt for foxnews those stories would be.
So yeah, fill your head with only the stuff you want to hear. In the end youll not know the real world. Its a common result these days. @Skarekrow when I said I found you to be intelligent I mean that. But you cant stop at half the information, know half of one perspective if you are going to solve anything. Right now with your focus you are part of the problem, not the solution. But I suspect you know that already because your solution doesnt leave any room for people being free to live their lives supported by themselves. You want a nation fully reliant on its government. The government will tell you where you can live, how many children you can have, what food you can eat, what doctor you can see...yeah I will have no part of that. So yes, what people dont realize is once you push too far you are going to wake the sleeping majority up and they will take back whats theirs and lock the country down so that theres no chance of it ever happening again. Thats just the way its going to be.
Oh quit being such a fucking baby.
That isn’t what I want…how crazy to think that.

We do not have a democracy dude.
We do not have worker’s rights.
We do not have wages that are “competitive”.
We do not have upward mobility and that is compounded even more when you equate race in it, because we are a racist nation believe it or not.

Blah blah blah…look at both sides said the guy taking to the mirror.

Last edited:
I would be against apathy and would encourage others to learn and think about where we are headed and make decisions to change this always for the better. I cannot change the course of society but 'we all together' can change the course of society and since to do nothing is guaranteed to fail I must at least do something no matter how little chance it may have in making a difference because the chances of success in that are at least better than nothing.

It wasn't about you ...I don't remember talking about you...

An intuition? A feeling? Can you define it for me? What is humanity to you? Where have my statements fallen short of that? This is a sincere question, I am not questioning the validity of your feeling on this matter. I question to understand your feelings.

I find some of your ways of getting to your end game a bit brutal.
Like forced sterilizations...

You cant make statements like that and expect anyone to get on board with them except those people who want that to be true. “We are a racist country.” What exactly do you mean by that? That is such a broad general statement it can mean anything. So what are you saying? More than 50% of Americans harbor the thought they are superior to another race? Or, white people believe they are superior to anyone who isnt white? Or people in general are racist toward anyone not of their race?
OR, white people think black people are lesser than them?
My issue with anyone claiming black people are oppressed in this country is that few of those same people acknowledge the other side. Regardless of your color if the police tell you to stop, stop. If you have to deal with the police be respectful. Not that they deserve it but its simply common sense. If your going to yell, spit curse whatever it doesn’t matter what color you are. You aren’t going to be treated well.
Police need to be held accountable. Not just in how they deal with black people but with everyone. I heard the other day they were trying to make it a crime to video the police when they are confronting someone. THAT’S what we ALL need to be fighting. Police need to know they are being watched and that they will be held accountable. And its not about one race over another. Why wouldn’t the police want to be videoed? So we should push for video cameras on all police. That’s what I want to see the media talking about. That’s what the thugs and looters should be talking about to the media rather then using it as an excuse to rob and destroy.
There are racist elements in this country. I’m even scared of the deep south. Crazy mfers get wind that I don’t believe in their god I may get strung up. But I consider ignorance to be ignorance. Cant tolerate anyone who isnt like you so kill them.
It’s a security towel. Something to fall back on as to why you aren’t going anywhere when really its your own fault and no one elses. You want to succeed? Then do the things that will make that happen. Start turning in all the thugs in your neighborhood. Give the names of the drug dealers to the police. Tell police when drug deals happen. Let the violent sick element of your community know they aren’t welcome there. But of course that never happens.

You cant make statements like that and expect anyone to get on board with them except those people who want that to be true. “We are a racist country.” What exactly do you mean by that? That is such a broad general statement it can mean anything. So what are you saying? More than 50% of Americans harbor the thought they are superior to another race? Or, white people believe they are superior to anyone who isnt white? Or people in general are racist toward anyone not of their race?
My issue with anyone claiming black people are oppressed in this country is that few of those same people acknowledge the other side. Regardless of your color if the police tell you to stop, stop. If you have to deal with the police be respectful. Not that they deserve it but its simply common sense. If your going to yell, spit curse whatever it doesn’t matter what color you are. You aren’t going to be treated well.
Police need to be held accountable. Not just in how they deal with black people but with everyone. I heard the other day they were trying to make it a crime to video the police when they are confronting someone. THAT’S what we ALL need to be fighting. Police need to know they are being watched and that they will be held accountable. And its not about one race over another. Why wouldn’t the police want to be videoed? So we should push for video cameras on all police. That’s what I want to see the media talking about. That’s what the thugs and looters should be talking about to the media rather then using it as an excuse to rob and destroy.
There are racist elements in this country. I’m even scared of the deep south. Crazy mfers get wind that I don’t believe in their god I may get strung up. But I consider ignorance to be ignorance. Cant tolerate anyone who isnt like you so kill them.
It’s a security towel. Something to fall back on as to why you aren’t going anywhere when really its your own fault and no one elses. You want to succeed? Then do the things that will make that happen. Start turning in all the thugs in your neighborhood. Give the names of the drug dealers to the police. Tell police when drug deals happen. Let the violent sick element of your community know they aren’t welcome there. But of course that never happens.

You just posted that twice so I would give you double thumbs didn’t you?

You know I started a thread all about racism here in America, if you choose to ignore the factual information and stories presented there it’s to your own detriment.
I will not reiterate it for you every time you think I’ve overstepped some boundary of what you consider to be bullshit.
You’re missing the point that an entire group of people have been disenfranchised and are abused, mistreated, and otherwise looked down upon by this country.
That’s the point.

I find some of your ways of getting to your end game a bit brutal.
Like forced sterilizations...

1) the sterilizations would run from temporary to life and just like any other crime a judge will decide how brutal the punishment needs to be. Life would only be for repeat offenders who show complete disregard for their actions.
2) Sterilizations are less cruel than jail. Not only can 'you not have kids in jail', aka sterilization, but you cannot make love to your partner, have privacy, go where you please, work and spend money, choose where to sleep or live, feel safe from violent criminals behind the security of your home, and so much more. People 'feel' sterilizations are cruel and that jail isn't only because they have grown up with jail being acceptable and they never stop to consider how cruel they are being.

1) the sterilizations would run from temporary to life and just like any other crime a judge will decide how brutal the punishment needs to be. Life would only be for repeat offenders who show complete disregard for their actions.
2) Sterilizations are less cruel than jail. Not only can 'you not have kids in jail', aka sterilization, but you cannot make love to your partner, have privacy, go where you please, work and spend money, choose where to sleep or live, feel safe from violent criminals behind the security of your home, and so much more. People 'feel' sterilizations are cruel and that jail isn't only because they have grown up with jail being acceptable and they never stop to consider how cruel they are being.

But now you are stepping on the toes of what is construed as a fundamental human right and what isn’t.
Judges in this country will always be corrupt because we have a money making prison system.
And who said anything about putting repeat “breeders” in prison in the first place?
So what are your judgements that you if you were a judge would pass and down to whom?

But now you are stepping on the toes of what is construed as a fundamental human right and what isn’t.

Rights still come with responsbilties. I don't know of any rights that allow you to do whatever you want without consequence.

And who said anything about putting repeat “breeders” in prison in the first place?

I was more referring the automatic inclination in most people to see sterilization as an abhorrent practice before even considering the situation.

So what are your judgements that you if you were a judge would pass and down to whom?

First is virtual sterilization which is to say that the law prohibits you from having children but does not physically alter you or make you take pills of any kind to directly prevent you from having children.
The other is temporary sterilization which is to supplimented pills, condoms, shots, and in extreme cases reversible surgery. The final one is irreversible surgery which is near the same procedure as the reversible except it is forever illegal for a doctor to undo the sterilization.

Virtual sterilization is for pre-adult status and in some cases long term welfare(1 yr plus). The punishment for this crime 1st) (PRE ADULT ONLY)Automatic placement of the children into the adoption process with visitation rights intact unless a reliable gaurdian can be present in court on the ruling and sign an agreement to take partial responsbility for this child while under the care of the 'offender', individual who broke the law. The parent can gain full rights of the child after a year or adult status as long as they are still in good standing.(CPS didn't have to get involved) This is male or female who have kids while under virtual sterilization. 2nd) The offender is given the status of temporary sterilization where they are supplied with the means of their choice for sterilization, likely pills or shot and will be required to have their doctor supply proof that their are receiving this care. If the parent shows complete negligence to the child they born, mother drank while pregnant, father contributed or neglected or whatever, and the baby shows signs of damage due to this, the sentence would be surgical depending on the severity of the damage to the child. The length of time until remediation would be until they are of adult age or 5 years whichever is of a greater length of time. Continued effort and proof of resposniblity of the parent to attend parenting classes and various other parent prep classes, and volunteer work associated with children can reduce this sentence to 1 year or 2 years.

Continued offenses can increase the initial sentences from the original 5 to 10 and then 20 anything longer might as well be life considering the already combined 30 years which can be reduced but life should really be the rarest case associated with something beyond just negligence.

Last edited:
Judges in this country will always be corrupt because we have a money making prison system.

Ahhhh..... so now we get down to it.
But lets not stop with what happened to black people when this country was built. Lets add native Americans. But wait, their people dont work together or riot together. Each group wants things only for their group....huh.
Yes ok we are in major disagreement here and thats fine. At least we are being direct and forward and not hiding anything.
I dont care whats happened in the past. Its good that we have moved away from ignorance as a nation. People of all colors have the same chance to prosper. Thats how it always should have been but unfortunately human nature gets in the way. Its nit a white inclination, its a human inclination to oppress groups of people in general.
So yeah unless there is good reason I will never think a specific group of people sbould be given more than another group of people. No one is owed anything more than to be treated as human and to have the same rights as those around them. So at this point in this country its a nonissue with exception of things like affirmative action etc....

Last edited:
Oh and lets be real for a second. When your course of action is to destroy and loot when something you dont agree with or understand happens, that says a lot about the mentally of those who would do that. Its easy to look down on people who do that because they are choosing not to be part of society. If people want to act like animals they should be treated like animals.

Ahhhh..... so now we get down to it.
But lets not stop with what happened to black people when this country was built. Lets add native Americans. But wait, their people dont work together or riot together. Each group wants things only for their group....huh.
Yes ok we are in major disagreement here and thats fine. At least we are being direct and forward and not hiding anything.
I dont care whats happened in the past. Its good that we have moved away from ignorance as a nation. People of all colors have the same chance to prosper. Thats how it always should have been but unfortunately human nature gets in the way. Its nit a white inclination, its a human inclination to oppress groups of people in general.
So yeah unless there is good reason I will never think a specific group of people sbould be given more than another group of people. No one is owed anything more than to be treated as human and to have the same rights as those around them. So at this point in this country its a nonissue with exception of things like affirmative action etc....
First of all I don’t know what you are talking about, that was in response to Greyman who I am having an almost completely different conversation with.
You don’t think the Native Americans have fought and protested what has happened to them in this country…and still do? That we have somehow shown them their place…ha! “Wounded knee” ring a bell? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Movement
No…wrong wrong wrong….I never said I only wanted things for this or that group.
If you put words in my mouth, at least attempt to make them sound intelligent.

Oh and lets be real for a second. When your course of action is to destroy and loot when something you dont agree with or understand happens, that says a lot about the mentally of those who would do that. Its easy to look down on people who do that because they are choosing not to be part of society. If people want to act like animals they should be treated like animals.

You are totally ignorant to basic human psychology then.
I don’t think you get the idea of being treated as “thugs” since birth in many places…expecting you to fail in school…people looking at you once you get so big that you are going to reach out and do who the fuck knows to them. Those folks who protested in towns like Selma did so for human rights reasons yes?
So they could use the same drinking fountain, the same entrance, etc.
Imagine getting stopped seemingly randomly on the street for a “pat down” every single time you saw a cop on the street?
Or stopped in your car…maybe it’s because your car is a piece and shit don’t work…or maybe they stop you because that car looks too nice for a black guy or hispanic guy to own…suppose they stop you and search your car almost every single time (even though statistically white people WHEN actually searched turned up more contraband).
Supposed cops have quotas they have to fill? What a strange concept. Are you going to fill said quota with tickets to citizens who may be a bit more affluent and who complain and hire lawyers or folks who have no voice and cannot afford anything more than is appointed to them which you and me both know is usually a joke and overworked.
It’s a money-making endeavor and some people have caught on.
All that aside…suppose the cops harass you at every step it seems.
This is only mixing the tension between cops and blacks…not mentioning how disenfranchised and mocking stifled our society has treated and tried to make them.
I can go on about how poverty effects the mind but you won’t listen…they will always be “thugs” to you.
I hope they loot some more…this should show America what it really cares about…how it affects business.
I shake my head that you can’t get it even for a second.

Last edited:
Rights still come with responsbilties. I don't know of any rights that allow you to do whatever you want without consequence.

I was more referring the automatic inclination in most people to see sterilization as an abhorrent practice before even considering the situation.

First is virtual sterilization which is to say that the law prohibits you from having children but does not physically alter you or make you take pills of any kind to directly prevent you from having children.
The other is temporary sterilization which is to supplimented pills, condoms, shots, and in extreme cases reversible surgery. The final one is irreversible surgery which is near the same procedure as the reversible except it is forever illegal for a doctor to undo the sterilization.

Virtual sterilization is for pre-adult status and in some cases long term welfare(1 yr plus). The punishment for this crime 1st) (PRE ADULT ONLY)Automatic placement of the children into the adoption process with visitation rights intact unless a reliable gaurdian can be present in court on the ruling and sign an agreement to take partial responsbility for this child while under the care of the 'offender', individual who broke the law. The parent can gain full rights of the child after a year or adult status as long as they are still in good standing.(CPS didn't have to get involved) This is male or female who have kids while under virtual sterilization. 2nd) The offender is given the status of temporary sterilization where they are supplied with the means of their choice for sterilization, likely pills or shot and will be required to have their doctor supply proof that their are receiving this care. If the parent shows complete negligence to the child they born, mother drank while pregnant, father contributed or neglected or whatever, and the baby shows signs of damage due to this, the sentence would be surgical depending on the severity of the damage to the child. The length of time until remediation would be until they are of adult age or 5 years whichever is of a greater length of time. Continued effort and proof of resposniblity of the parent to attend parenting classes and various other parent prep classes, and volunteer work associated with children can reduce this sentence to 1 year or 2 years.

Continued offenses can increase the initial sentences from the original 5 to 10 and then 20 anything longer might as well be life considering the already combined 30 years which can be reduced but life should really be the rarest case associated with something beyond just negligence.

The problems I see are still the unforeseen consequences of what you are proposing.

Peru's population control program, although it is not officially recognized by the government, uses some of these tactics (http://mcsnet.ab.ca/cad/FamilyLife/ForcedSteril.htm). Women are promised food and clothing for their children. When they show up to receive the food and clothes, they are told that in order to get the items they must be sterilized. If the refuse, sometimes they will get the items that month but are told that in the future they must be sterilized before getting the food and clothes. In these cases, the women feel as if they are being forced into making this decision in order to help care for the children she already has. In other cases, women are not even notified. Sometimes when women give birth, the doctors sterilize her without her consent and without her even knowing it. Another tactic that was used to trick the people was in Japan. There, some victims were told that they could have the procedure reversed at any time down the road (Yamaguchi, 1997).

Forced sterilizations can have detrimental health consequences. There can be medical complications or even death from this procedure (http://mcsnet.ab.ca/cad/FamilyLife/ForcedSteril.htm). The likelihood is also increased in poorer areas where the procedure was not done in a sterile hospital setting. The cases where the sterilizations take place in poor sanitary conditions leads to more complications for the women. Even when the women are in a hospital to have the sterilization, there can still be complications. When the women are given the sterilization for free in exchange for the food and clothing bribe, it is because they do not have enough money to support themselves. Also, the government only covers the actual procedure. Any treatment or medication after that is up to each woman to get. These women are not covered then when complications arise. They can then die from the complications because they cannot afford the treatment.
The past shows us what we are capable of doing now and in the future. The question is then, can it happen again here and abroad. For other countries throughout the world it is still occurring. A eugenics program just ended in Japan in 1996. Sweden and Finland both had forced sterilization up until the 1970's, and Peru's population control program started in 1995 (http://cwfa.org/library/life/1998-12-29_life-peru.shtml).

In fact, in 1980 there was a class action suit that was rejected because of the precedent that the 1927 Supreme Court case established.
Even with the health risks that are evident for the victims, countries still used forced sterilizations as a means to an end, whether it be a eugenics program or a population control program. Forced sterilizations are then just one more example of something that women must endure throughout the world.
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9901/26/sweden.sterilization/
http://mcsnet.ab.ca/cad/FamilyLife/ForcedSteril.htm
http://cwfa.org/library/life/1998-12-29_life-peru.shtml
Piotrowski, Christa (2000). Neue Suricher Zeitchug. "Dark Chapter of American History:
http://abcnews.go.com/onair/2020/2020_000322_eugenics_feature.html
Yamaguchi, Mari (1997). The News-Times. "Victims begin to talk about Japan's sterilization program." http://www.newstimes.com/archive97/dec1997/ind.htm

I completely disagree with the tactic and am still unsure of your motive other than maybe “it seemed like a good idea at the time” type mentality.
So instead of working to fix our society so that people are educated and can maybe make more informed decisions about their life…the state will make that for them?
I’m about as pro-choice as you can get being a dude, but this eliminates the choice part and criminalizes people for being impoverished.
So no...you don’t get my vote.

11182211_1626086654278262_387571428711643582_n.jpg

There is two sides to every story.

First of all I don’t know what you are talking about, that was in response to Greyman who I am having an almost completely different conversation with.
You don’t think the Native Americans have fought and protested what has happened to them in this country…and still do? That we have somehow shown them their place…ha! “Wounded knee” ring a bell? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Movement

I don’t think you get the idea of being treated as “thugs” since birth in many places…expecting you to fail in school…people looking at you once you get so big that you are going to reach out and do who the fuck knows to them. Those folks who protested in towns like Selma did so for human rights reasons yes?
Imagine getting stopped seemingly randomly on the street for a “pat down” every single time you saw a cop on the street?
Or stopped in your car…maybe it’s because your car is a piece and shit don’t work…or maybe they stop you because that car looks too nice for a black guy or hispanic guy to own…suppose they stop you and search your car almost every single time (even though statistically white people WHEN actually searched turned up more contraband).
Supposed cops have quotas they have to fill? What a strange concept. Are you going to fill said quota with tickets to citizens who may be a bit more affluent and who complain and hire lawyers or folks who have no voice and cannot afford anything more than is appointed to them which you and me both know is usually a joke and overworked.
This is only mixing the tension between cops and blacks…not mentioning how disenfranchised and mocking stifled our society has treated and tried to make them.
I can go on about how poverty effects the mind but you won’t listen…they will always be “thugs” to you.
I hope they loot some more…this should show America what it really cares about…how it affects business.

Wrong quote...sorry.

This starts in many areas none of which the government is responsible for. Fatherless children, communities not turning in criminal elements within their neighborhoods. These people are responsible for the world around them which they create.
As you said below there are two sides to every story and that is absolutely true. The problem I see with you is that you only ever see one side. And what I have been saying all along is that until people come together to discuss both sides and answer the tough questions nothing will change.
So you are intelligent to know there are two sides...you only ever see the one though.

But hey look. Its a circle with you and I. I know I am right and occasionally I get into discussion with those people who I think will eventually subcum to reason. However there is this barrier I have not been able to define yet that constantly gets in the way. Where intelligent people deliberately put on blinders and I have not figured out why yet.

So what its going to come down to is that I will fight people like you and your ideals because they are not realistic in this world. They have no chance of working. Rascism will not be defeated by any of the statements you have made. All you will succeed in doing is further tearing apart the country taking down everyone in the process.
Intj will get on board with an idea that has a chance of working. So far you have given no ideas tbat have any hope of working.
These are just statments with no other emotion other than perhaps a little disappointment.

This starts in many areas none of which the government is responsible for. Fatherless children, communities not turning in criminal elements within their neighborhoods. These people are responsible for the world around them which they create.
As you said below there are two sides to every story and that is absolutely true. The problem I see with you is that you only ever see one side. And what I have been saying all along is that until people come together to discuss both sides and answer the tough questions nothing will change.
So you are intelligent to know there are two sides...you only ever see the one though.

But hey look. Its a circle with you and I. I know I am right and occasionally I get into discussion with those people who I think will eventually subcum to reason. However there is this barrier I have not been able to define yet that constantly gets in the way. Where intelligent people deliberately put on blinders and I have not figured out why yet.

So what its going to come down to is that I will fight people like you and your ideals because they are not realistic in this world. They have no chance of working. Rascism will not be defeated by any of the statements you have made. All you will succeed in doing is further tearing apart the country taking down everyone in the process.
Intj will get on board with an idea that has a chance of working. So far you have given no ideas tbat have any hope of working.
These are just statments with no other emotion other than perhaps a little disappointment.
So look back at what you just wrote man….that I can see both sides but always take one…this is what people should aspire to do…to see both sides for what they are and to NOT be apathetic and make a choice, then make that choice the best you can.
Then your second paragraph was explaining to me how correct you are and how I am not.
This is not even how you remedially debate someone…I mean -
I know I am right and occasionally I get into discussion with those people who I think will eventually subcum to reason. However there is this barrier I have not been able to define yet that constantly gets in the way. Where intelligent people deliberately put on blinders and I have not figured out why yet.
Yeah, I can tell you why if you haven’t guessed yet.

So look back at what you just wrote man….that I can see both sides but always take one…this is what people should aspire to do…to see both sides for what they are and to NOT be apathetic and make a choice, then make that choice the best you can.
Then your second paragraph was explaining to me how correct you are and how I am not.

Please tell.

Re read...I never said that you can see both sides. Only that you recognize there is more than one side. I wrote that you only ever address one side of the issue. As far as I cant tell you either dont know wbat the otherside is or simply ignore it.

Making the best choice you can is a big part. I am simply unwilling to waste time on action that will not work. To so nothing other than to ahow intent but fail anyway is a waste of time. In the end this is the foundation of what I am saying.
Regarding police and black people. Why address over the top force when it comes to black people alone? Why not address aggressive force by the police for all of the population? Its not that black people are being targeted. ..maybe in some cases but its police aggression as a whole that needs to be addressed. Correct that and you correct the other as well. No more source to branch off.

Apologies for errors in posts. Phone makes it so hard to edit I simply give up most of the time.