Why are we here? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Why are we here?

...need to add for reasons I can't remember that Obama can walk on water right now right on across to the sh*t storm awaiting on the other side. There will be problems, mistakes, unexpected disasters, etc.

He is a mere mortal, fellow mortals.

That said, GO OBAMA. YOU ROCK. :mlove:

Oh boy! Does he (Obama) have some big issues to solve or what? I'm so glad he won, I just don't know how on earth someone would've wanted to run for presidency right after Bush! I love Obama!!!!

Answering the topic's question: I don't know why, as an INFj I'm here on this planet. I just hope to be a decent human been throughout my life

Last edited:
General: "So Quinlan, have a seat and we'll have a look through your results here. Oh ISFP, we don't see that one very often! let's take a look here. Hmmm... <reads from list> avoids conflict, peace loving <raises eyebrow>, dislikes being led or controlled, <frowns> kind, sensitive, gentle <look of disgust> wandering spirit, impulsive.... <drops head and sighs>

Son, what in the hell are gun' do with you?":doh:

So what's the head count, Zen?

Did anyone take any meeting minutes?

What is the status of our role on this earth?

Has anyone fed baby monkey in the treehouse?

General: "So Quinlan, have a seat and we'll have a look through your results here. Oh ISFP, we don't see that one very often! let's take a look here. Hmmm... <reads from list> avoids conflict, peace loving <raises eyebrow>, dislikes being led or controlled, <frowns> kind, sensitive, gentle <look of disgust> wandering spirit, impulsive.... <drops head and sighs>

Son, what in the hell are gun' do with you?":doh:

ROFL. We do know that you did not miss your calling there, perhaps? I'm going to the treehouse to have a drink with Jose.

So what's the head count, Zen? Ummm. Eleventy?

Did anyone take any meeting minutes? Yes. Scroll down.

What is the status of our role on this earth? Possibly obsolete; probably not.

Has anyone fed baby monkey in the treehouse? Monkey should not have been domesticated and will have to learn to peel his own bananas. I feel strongly about this.

So what's the head count, Zen? Ummm. Eleventy?

Did anyone take any meeting minutes? Yes. Scroll down.

What is the status of our role on this earth? Possibly obsolete; probably not.

Has anyone fed baby monkey in the treehouse? Monkey should not have been domesticated and will have to learn to peel his own bananas. I feel strongly about this.

1.Sh*t, Zen. We need a recount.

2.I'll catch up, but Jose is waiting for me and I could really use a drink at the treehouse.

3.Oh, that sounds abysmal, yet promising.

4. Oh, sorry, I ate all of the bananas. Got to get em back on formula.

Remember, vote for me and get the key.:mD:

Last edited:
So what's the head count, Zen?

Did anyone take any meeting minutes?

What is the status of our role on this earth?

Has anyone fed baby monkey in the treehouse?

No, because the archbishop had dessert

What are the first four lines to the Rutabaga Rag?

Well, now, that's one big relief. I was actually trying to draw connections and and make conclusions as fast as my 60 second opportunity allowed, but it clearly wasn't going to ever happen anyway.

It was a very funny diversion.

Last edited:
Actually it was a great and very funny diversion.

The answer we seek is hidden in that misplaced double question in reply to my quadrouple question.

Ah, yes, I can rest at last.

:pray2:

This is a very interesting post (as always G.Kai)

I find it fairly easy to have an opinion on why we, INFJs, are here (probably because I've pondered so much on it). However the iNtuitive as a group puzzles me more, because within our 20 or whatever percent of the population, there is a lot of variation. Take an ENFP and an INTJ...

As far as INFJs only are concerned, I think we have always been somewhat outcast even when there was more of a social role for us. I think INFJs are here for balance purpose. Because we tend to be more withdrawn and observant, reflecting more than acting. Counsellor or sage, to take in the widest sense : most of us won't be actual psychoanalysts, diplomats or mediums but I think on our own scale we all do a lot for people around us. And I think it makes a difference, even if there is no way to measure it. The butterfly effect type thing.

I think we are here to work on the invisible, on the source, at the root of humanity. To instil some kind of awareness to the world of things unseen. It is not easy in our consumer's society, but I don't think it's ever been that easy, human society being what it is. We're not many because we lack the competition spirit and the selfishness that was for a long time the key to survival I think. Today though we are technologically and socially advanced enough to function with other rules (= we have civilization).

The problem is that people still act instinctively (we are still very animalistic and subject to our pulsions after all). I think our role today would be to make people realize that it is possible to act otherwise, to think for others as much as for ourselves, to realize that we have an incredible potential that we are not exploiting. I think all human beings have an unsuspected potential for good, and our role is to reveal it.

Sorry, I feel as thought what I wrote isn't expressing what I mean, but I hope it still means something.

I think BadBluey had it right the first time. We're here because nobody else understands. This is the first post I have ever made on any forum on any website! Never felt inclined to at all until I found this place. I have spent the last week or so reading posts and it has been an emotional experience. Almost everything that is said seems to be lifted directly from my head. it's scary.

I have a theory about INFJ's:
We are missing a lot of the things that people are pre-programmed to believe. Have you ever gone to try something new and somebody said to you "you don't do that" and when you said "why" they looked confused and couldn't give you an answer. Then you got confused about why they couldn't get their head around such a simple question as "why do you believe that?"

when you believe something you think you have the answer, so you stop looking for new information on the subject. This makes you stop looking for new ways of doing things. When growing up I think most people have the ability to believe things with very little evidence. They take things as they see them. I think the things learned as a child during this period stay into adulthood, so a perfectly rational adult can have some very irrational beliefs. We INFJ's were missing the ability to "just believe" as children and that has stayed with us also.

We listen to our intuition because we have learned that this is the only place where we can get sensible conversation.

Don't know if I've got across what I was trying to say. I've never tried to put it into words before. let me know if any of it sounds like gibberrish to you

When I read Sophie's world a few years ago (introduction to philosophy) something struck me. The author says that philosophers are like children. They are the one who keep being in awe at things and questionning them, wondering why. Adults who accept ready made answers close themselves to philosophy.

Probably not a good summary but your post made me think about it.

I know I am here because I have fallin in love with this forum. I mean I have never meet anyone who thinks like me, and after I have read so many posts of people that do!- It has amazes me in so many ways. I thought there was no one out who was like me, lo and behold there are. It is at a time in my life where it will be nice to 'talk' and be heard for once,'listen' to things I feel a interest in. Sigh... it is just way nice that's all.:m1: