Why are we here? | INFJ Forum

Why are we here?

G.Kai

Community Member
Aug 17, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
This is something to which I've dedicated a lot of my time, ever since I was first diagnosed as INFJ many years ago. We are the first self-aware generation of defined intuitives, and the existence of this website means we're looking for each other. Why?

When I ask why are we here, I mean the intuitive community. I don't mean why do human beings exist. I've probably written too much about this intuitive phenomenon, but I'd really like to know what everyone else thinks.

Are we here to influence the world positively? Negatively? Is it for compassion, spiritual awareness, artistic and philosophical ideals?

Is there some great purpose for us, or are we just part of the struggling population?

What are your thoughts on the reason why you were born as, or became an intuitive?

To provide longterm/large scale vision and guidance to the rest of us.

i just borrow intuitive ideas from everyone else...

This place is a respite for me. I was laughing earlier in the week as I thought about this place. We are supposed to be these mysterious and deep thinking people and yet our posts are mostly about monkeys, treehouses, guys named jose and rico, and super hero costumes! For me this place provides a place to laugh.
I also feel that, as we chat through our posts, when we put our heads together we come up with some pretty good stuff and possibly it might just look like monkey gibberish to someone else.

This place is a respite for me. I was laughing earlier in the week as I thought about this place. We are supposed to be these mysterious and deep thinking people and yet our posts are mostly about monkeys, treehouses, guys named jose and rico, and super hero costumes! For me this place provides a place to laugh.
I also feel that, as we chat through our posts, when we put our heads together we come up with some pretty good stuff and possibly it might just look like monkey gibberish to someone else.

Yes, true. I can't type much, (finger in splint), phew, the potential to rant is large, but I do love to laugh at myself and with others and can do that here a fair amount of the time.

Beyond that, I see this as a serious place where understanding and healing take place, an exchange between people that would never have happened otherwise and even more rare, a unique connection in a way that I can't easily access in my (other) world outside my immediate family.

My motivations are frequently misunderstood so I avoid a lot of people, but I have also accumulated a lot of experience in my life. However, I'm private and tend not to share with the general public. Here I share more. I am one to trust, to know, to a few. I've made faking extroversion down to an art. I will socialize better than any other if I have to for the benefit of my children or for a larger social benefit. Some INFJs understand this. I dont always have to explain myself. Not always, anyway and that is quite nice.

Ow. Ow and more ow. Gotta go.

Last edited:
I believe I'm just really here to help others fulfill their lives. We're just people who guide others in their decisions. I mean we're one of the only groups that pops up in almost every single profession so we're everywhere to help others as we go.

When I ask why are we here, I mean the intuitive community. I don't mean why do human beings exist.
We are here because of threads like this.
There isn't many places where I can get my brain stimulated like i can on theese boards.

Thinking about /answering / reading answers to questions like this is awsome, it's candy for the brain.

Regarding intuition, I always have the feeling that there's more to it; there's more than I can do with it but I'm just out of reach of the key.

Regarding intuition, I always have the feeling that there's more to it; there's more than I can do with it but I'm just out of reach of the key.

Excellent description.

I'm here to unleash my Fe in a safe environment so I can become more comfortable revealing it irl *presents Fe for inspection*

Here as in on this forum or Here as in walking amongst all the rest of people?

oh lol on this forum. I'm on this forum because I want to be with people who understand me and that I can share some of my problems with and have them relate.

I thought he meant why do intuitives exist on earth?