Why are we here? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why are we here?

I thought he meant why do intuitives exist on earth?

Oh man, now we gotta start ALL OVER. :director: Quiet on the set. Everyone, this is the final time we say this, know your roles and present them to the forum at the appropriate time, which is now.

In the meantime, I'll go ponder my answer while picking up the kids at school.

:meyes:...So essentially, I've got a half an hour to figure out my unique role on this earth in this lifetime...This calls for my purple velvet cape. Swish. I can do that.

The real question is...Can you handle my answer? :mcute:

All I require is 10 affirmatives prior to post.

I'll just wait patiently till G.Kai clarifies :smow:

because my answers would differ significantly, depending.

Beyond that, I see this as a serious place where understanding and healing take place, an exchange between people that would never have happened otherwise and even more rare, a unique connection in a way that I can't easily access in my (other) world outside my immediate family.

My motivations are frequently misunderstood so I avoid a lot of people, but I have also accumulated a lot of experience in my life. However, I'm private and tend not to share with the general public. Here I share more. I am one to trust, to know, to a few. I've made faking extroversion down to an art. I will socialize better than any other if I have to for the benefit of my children or for a larger social benefit. Some INFJs understand this. I dont always have to explain myself. Not always, anyway and that is quite nice.

Ditto. I'm here because usually people, irl, don't understand where I'm coming from, which frustrates me big time. I'm here because I feel conected with you guys in several ways: 1) we share similar sense of humor; 2) we are opened minded; 3) even when we don't agree, we can still respect each other's point of view (I really apreciate that one) 4) we tend to stray from the original subject (hahhah Is that an INFJ "trait"?). I'm here to share a little bit of my true self, and to learn a bit more about our intriguing personalities. I love this forum!

I find it ironic that you intuitives went straight to the small picture meaning (the forum) and I went straight to the big picture (the world).

Although maybe it's just my poor N comprehension abilities. :D

Ditto. I'm here because usually people, irl, don't understand where I'm coming from, which frustrates me big time. I'm here because I feel conected with you guys in several ways: 1) we share similar sense of humor; 2) we are opened minded; 3) even when we don't agree, we can still respect each other's point of view (I really apreciate that one) 4) we tend to stray from the original subject (hahhah Is that an INFJ "trait"?). I'm here to share a little bit of my true self, and to learn a bit more about our intriguing personalities. I love this forum!

Very cool.

So, I've got the keys, but no takers. Hmmm...interesting. :meyes:

Oh yes, Seeker is +1?
10 more.

Btw, my vote requirement is no longer 10, but 11, of course. That is my personal number afterall. :mlight:

(Don't let that little guy scare you.)

Heh... what made me decline to answer until I knew for sure which "HERE" was the right "HERE"?

because it is comforting to know that i'm not the only strange cat out there... that other reflect the same emtions and reactions as i would in any given situation... because i am among others that understand what its like to be me...

... and i'm just following bat-winged pixie...

I find it ironic that you intuitives went straight to the small picture meaning (the forum) and I went straight to the big picture (the world).

Although maybe it's just my poor N comprehension abilities. :D

You know what? You're right! When he talked about "intuitive comunity", I thought he was talking about this forum, since he excluded "the purpose of human being". Then I read the post again . It does have double meaning! ahahahahhahahah Funny how you saw the big pic

Oh man, now we gotta start ALL OVER. :director: Quiet on the set. Everyone, this is the final time we say this, know your roles and present them to the forum at the appropriate time, which is now.

In the meantime, I'll go ponder my answer while picking up the kids at school.

:meyes:...So essentially, I've got a half an hour to figure out my unique role on this earth in this lifetime...This calls for my purple velvet cape. Swish. I can do that.

The real question is...Can you handle my answer? :mcute:

All I require is 10 affirmatives prior to post.

I hope I can! Well, there's only one way to find that out, isn't there???

You know what? You're right! When he talked about "intuitive comunity", I thought he was talking about this forum, since he excluded "the purpose of human being". Then I read the post again . It does have double meaning! ahahahahhahahah Funny how you saw the big pic

yea... leave it to an ISFP to point that out for us...

am i the only one that is just so oblivious sometimes..?

I hope I can! Well, there's only one way to find that out, isn't there???

+1

That makes two. Thanks Freedom.

Was that a yes, MJ? Get those red arse kickin boots out and say yea haw ! !:ml:

Sure I can, I can handle anything. :boxing:

Sure I can, I can handle anything. :boxing:

YES. That's 3 with one pending from MJ, which would be a potential 4.

Sh*t...I better go meditate...but where? Ah...to the treehouse ! Should be quiet there, although I think ZenCat was there earlier. Better see if she's doing ok after her cat sat on her keyboard...Swish.

See now, I thought it was a Big Picture question, too. Which is why I asked, because so many seemed to be responding to "here" as if "here" meant this forum, and hence my reluctance to answer without properly understanding the question, because my feelings about how people like us may affect/interact with society at large are very different from why I choose to be here, interacting with so many of my "own kind".

Wow. It feels really good to say that. My Own Kind. :mcute:

Lucky your own kind gathers in one place, my own kind are a disorganised rabble. :doh:

Oops, I'm slacking!

Yes HS, I am willing and able to accept your answer! Let me just go grab a glass of Shiraz...

Okay so it's like here (not the website - in this world), I'm this INFJ who most of the time has no idea what I'm saying and when I type really fast my tongue gets wrapped around my eyes and I can't see what I'm typing. So, I'll clarify and thanks for asking me to do so. You know, INFJ's are supposed to be good with ideas. I am as long as they stay in my head. So I'll try to explain what I thought I understood what you meant to understand what I thought I said in a way that the expectancy of things being said, or unsaid, or any facsimile thereof, to the point of through my lack of mental soundness. To wit:

Hang on, just checking to make sure I'm not in the Enlightening Wrong Answer thread.

Okay, what I meant was, why are we here on this planet, but I meant as a community of intuitives on this planet, but I can see that I used the word, "website," in my original question, but I don't mean the website - well I do mean the website as it relates to the intuitive community at large, not just the community as pertains to the website. So, let me try again.

Why are intuitives on planet Earth? Are we here because we are accidentally different, (i.e., my own obvious brain dysfunction) - you know, are we just flukes or abberrations of nature, or are we here to influence the destiny of humankind in some way?

Except for notable historical exclusions (I'm often reminded here, that is, on the website, of Hitler's being an intuitive), I believe intuitives have an innate heart of compassion. Do we, as the intuitive community at large, have some calling, or mandate from Nature, God, or randomness, to pass along this emotionally or rationally charged "light," that burns so brightly within us, to make this world a better place?

I hope this clears everything up. :peep:

Last edited: