Who or what fascinates you? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Who or what fascinates you?

Inexplicable emotion, especially in other people. Like, and emotion that surfaces for no reason at all - you know, like when suddenly you feel very happy or sad for no reason?

Sudden bursts of creativity too, because there appears to be no trigger - and where do those ideas come from?

The thought of how does an entire roast dinner actually fit in your stomach, or how does your heart not get tired and wear out quicker?

Also, the people who design packaging for food. Seriously, I don't get where their ideas come from.

I'm fascinated by emotion and how people's experiences in their past have shaped who they are today. Those moments when a simple, light conversation lead to someone telling you about something that effects them deeply, and you can just hear the hesitation in their voice and how often they look away. The moments where you can see even the faintest emotion in its purest form, coming to the surface as you look them in the eye -- those are the most beautiful moments, the ones that show the humanity in all of us.

Quantum mechanics.

Actually, I can sum it up like this. Anything or anyone whom I can figure out to around 40% but can't get the rest, even though part of me sort of does, and I feel like I should completely get it, but I don't. More or less, that annoying limbo spot.

Human emotions and psychology, I think; How human reacts, what happened, human personality....

And their applications in daily life. So I guess a bit of sociology and study of human relationships too.

For human....HMM. Nice question.

A few:

*People or experiences that are markedly different from myself or from what is within my "known" bubble or norm
*Perspective
*Emotion
*The vastness of life as I understand it to be
*Technology...
*Earth and her self-sustainability and self-renewal

Last edited:
For some reason, IR and NMR spectroscopy lately

Reactions: rawr
I remain fascinated by selfish people with the "I" mentality, especially when they are married with kids.

It really is sad in a way. They forget to mention their spouse or children when doing something for someone. Sending get well cards and signing them "I love you" to a family member is such an insult to me. The thing that fascinates me the most about it is they really just don't get the fact the rest of their family has something to do with at least the sacrifices being made.

People's thought processes intrigue me. I love to get down to the nuts and bolts of figuring out someone's thought patterns behind their actions.

I'm also fascinated by human institutions and systems, such as the law and the social aspects of economics and how human behavior fits into those frames.

But in a nutshell, give me any topic and ask me why? and you'll keep me entertained for hours while I investigate.

People's thought processes intrigue me. I love to get down to the nuts and bolts of figuring out someone's thought patterns behind their actions.

I'm also fascinated by human institutions and systems, such as the law and the social aspects of economics and how human behavior fits into those frames.

But in a nutshell, give me any topic and ask me why? and you'll keep me entertained for hours while I investigate.

Why are you like that?

edit to let you off the hook...hehe

Last edited:
Reactions: sassafras