Who or what fascinates you?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Who or what fascinates you?

Reactions: Stu
Outrageous people fascinate me. And by outrageous I mean when they do something which by conventional reasoning would be absurd, with extreme confidence.

people who I cannot figure out. which is very few these days :/

The occult.

ENTJ's

humor

Reactions: Claridon
People who do their own thing, and go against the norm without even trying. I LOVE those kinds of people! I also am fascinated by new and unique ways of doing things, like inventions or groundbreaking creative achievements, such as music genre crossovers or reinventions. There's lots of others; mostly things that are odd or out of the ordinary.

Everyone and everything.

The natural world.

Everything alive.

Subconscious habitual behaviors.

Geometry.

Last edited:
People who do their own thing, and go against the norm without even trying. I LOVE those kinds of people! I also am fascinated by new and unique ways of doing things, like inventions or groundbreaking creative achievements, such as music genre crossovers or reinventions. There's lots of others; mostly things that are odd or out of the ordinary.

Yes. This.

I am also facinated by the great leaders of men of the past, that went further, faster, harder, stronger than anyone could even imagine at the time.

The first one that comes to mind is Patton. He was a sonofabitch, but damn, he was awesome at what he did. He was an unstoppable force of nature and he pushed all those people under him until they hated him, but reflected just that. They cut through Germans like a light sabre through butter.

Or LeMay. Not many people survived being a bomber pilot during WW2. You had so many flights to fly, you had such and such a percentage of survival, and while not everyone would die, A LOT would not make it out of the war alive. So, people didn't fly over their targets, they turned back, making up problems in the airplanes. And when LeMay, the "Iron Ass", found out about it, he told his men that from that day forth he would be in the lead plane, and that if anyone turned back for home base before he did, they would be face a court martial. That's good leadership right there.

Reactions: Claridon
also:

existentialism
Jonestown
psychology of war (especially during vietnam)

BLACKHOLES!

Russia.

also:
psychology of war (especially during vietnam)

If you should ever happen to want to write about that I for one would be very interested in reading about your thoughts on the subject.

If you should ever happen to want to write about that I for one would be very interested in reading about your thoughts on the subject.

+1.

I've also recently become a bit fascinated with psychopathy, and to a lesser extent sociopathy. There's something interesting about the psychology of persons with these minds, especially their use of charm or unassuming manner for the purpose of manipulation.

Last edited:
very few [or fewer] things now days...
[some] people, and [some] music.

I am sure I'll write about it at some point. What's interesting to me is how people rationalize their behavior within the context of their own personal ethics, the culture from which they came from and, moreover, how quickly human ugliness rears it's head when there is no threat of retribution.

A good eight part documentary on this (Vietnam and the psychology of killing, etc) is called "First Kill". Part one is here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldzld4myS6w"]YouTube - First Kill - Vietnam War Documentary 1/8[/ame]

Reactions: Bird
Human Nature is facinating, especially "those" moments and people's actions outside the norm (heroic deeds, evil deeds and the such)