Who are your favourite bands and/or artists? | INFJ Forum

Who are your favourite bands and/or artists?

perpetual_liar

Community Member
Jun 14, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6/4
I have mixed tastes myself. I like Colplay, Cat Empire, Linkin Park and I absolutely love Yo Yo Ma.
I do play the cello, which I guess explains the Yo Yo Ma obsession, but anyway...

Your turn. Your turns? Your turn.:m046::violin::music:

Reactions: Wyote
Bomb the Music Industry
Big D and the Kid's Table
Operation Ivy
Suicide Machines
The Slackers
The Toasters

I'm pretty much into ska/punk/reggae
I also have obsessions with Jazz and Brazilian guitar but I don't feel like making a huge list and I doubt people would want to read it.

I like a smattering of everything. From my facebook (because I'm lazy):

Boards of Canada
Brand New
Circa Survive
Cynic
Death
Death Cab for Cutie
iwrestledabearonce
Joy Division
Minus the Bear
My Bloody Valentine
the Postal Service
Slowdive
Tiesto

This list doesn't begin to cover everything I listen to. I love "real" emo like City of Caterpillar and Circle Takes the Square.

I also dig Miles Davis but I'm always listening to other stuff so I don't ever really have the mindset to look for more jazz.

I'm not sure about jazz. I mean, I like it, but I don't really listen to it.
The closest thing that I've listened to more than once would probably be Yo Yo Ma and the Bolling Jazz Piano Trio. That was cool.

listen to my radio show! i'm exploring some great jazz right now.
playing some of my favorites tonight. stream is at kcss.net

joe henderson
jazz crusaders
ron carter
too many good ones to name

i've listened to a lot of music... i've come to believe that nothing is as satisfying and rewarding as jazz

Top ten:
1. Death
2. Mindless Self Indulgence
6. Billy Talent
4. Puddle Of Mudd
5. Hot hot Heat
3. Journey
7. Danny Elfman
8. Ramallah
9. The Postal Service
10. Astor Piazzolla

I just listen to alternative rock. Not much else really.

My 6 favourite bands are: Manic Street Preachers, Placebo, Pearl Jam, The Cure, Lagwagon and Alice in Chains

Reactions: Wyote
Aaand again:

Nickelback!
(I so love this group, although their last album is quite milder than I expected...)

I used to like Linkin Park, but their last CD was pretty low ranking.

Other than that...

- Hans Zimmer
- Nobuo Uematsu
- 30 seconds to mars
- Poets of the fall
- Michael Jackson
- Vertical Horizon
- Offspring
- Westlife...

There you go, a list that makes no musical sense. :3

• Rage Against the Machine
  • Pitbull
  • The Game
  • Weezer
  • Disturbed
  • Eminem
  • Shakira (only the songs in Spanish)
  • Lifehouse
  • T.I.
  • Rakim y Ken-Y
  • Sepultura
(Not in that order)

I'm just posting from my Facebook, but I deleted the ones that are not necessary:

The Mars Volta, At the Drive-in, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Can, Death From Above 1979,
Dead Can Dance, Bj

Last edited:
Well, since J.Cardigan started it... (and unlike IS, I'm not limiting myself in any way)

My Myspace page said:
And here's a short list of other stuff I'm into:
A Tribe Called Quest, Adam F, Airborn Audio, Antibalas, Aphex Twin, Aube, Audio Two, Autechre, Average White Band, Beastie Boys, Beat Minerz, Beatles, Boards of Canada, Brand New Heavies, Brian Eno, Bumpy Knuckles, Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers, Colleen, Cosmic Baby, De La Soul, Dead Prez, DJ Shadow, Dylan Group, Earth Wind & Fire, EPMD, Eric B & Rakim, Fela Kuti, Flaming Lips, Francois K, Full Cycle crew (Size/Krust/Die/Suv), Gang Starr, Global Communication, Grant Green, Greyboy Allstars, Grooverider, Herbie Hancock, HiM (Chicago, not Finland or wherever), Isotope 217, James Brown, Jane’s Addiction, Jean Grae, J-Live, John Coltrane, Junkyard Band, Kraftwerk, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Led Zeppelin, Lee Perry, Lemon D, Macha, Madlib, Marvin Gaye, Masters At Work, MF Doom, Mice Parade, Mighty Bop, Mileece, Miles Davis, Miriam Makeba, Modern Jazz Quartet, Mos Def, m

alice in chains, lamb, the cure, foo fighters, ac/dc, pearl jam, fiona apple, zero7, snow patrol, linkin park, kings of leon, a perfect circle, tori amos, sigur ros.... the list goes on really ...and on

I'm really all over the map musically. I go through phases and I don't have any particular bands I follow religiously; usually, I'll only like one or two tracks of a band's album and to be, and to me, I guess that can loosely constitute me as 'liking' that particular artist. I never consider myself a "true fan" of anything.

I've enjoyed,

Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Ministry
Marilyn Manson
Jackalope
C0NdU1t
Billy Idol
Michael Jackson
Globus
Madonna
Dead Can Dance
ES PostHumos
Immediate Music
Two Steps from Hell
Audiomachine
Alanis Morsette
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins (pre-2000's)

etc.

I tried getting into hardcore Heavy metal, but it just scared the shit into me.

My music taste is dominantly Oshare and Visual Kei..:

Antique Caf

I like of foreign music:

Sigur Ros
Luna Sea
Galneryus
Siam Shade
Portishead
Muse
Mew
Radiohead
Massive Attack

I like a few domestic bands too:
Stratovarious
Dream Theater
Underoath
Filter
The Postal Service

I also like jazz and classical... I know that's really broad but I haven't narrowed it down much farther than that.
Hard to go wrong with Sinatra, Miles Davis, Bach, and Beethoven though :m177:

*gasp* You listen to lamb! You know they are doing a reunion tour right now right?

And horray for TheDaringHatTrick and Jasmine for listning to DCD as well! :D

Jason Mraz
Joshua Radin
Matt Nathanson
Drew Seeley
Iron and Wine
John Mayer
Sara Barielles
Muse
Enigma
Mirah

Recently at least, I love music and have a lot of favourites. Including a bunch that have already been named (Linkin Park!!)