[PUG] Which Star Trek is the best?

Best Star Trek?

• The Animated Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gay cowboy theme song

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For me: TNG>DS9>>TOS>Animated Series>>Voyager>>>>>Enterprise

Out of those top two, DS9 had the better story-arc (once the war against the Dominion got going) but TNG had the better stand-alone episodes (especially the ones with Q in them). TNG takes the top prize partly because it's the one I grew up with and partly because it has a better ratio of good episodes to bad than DS9 (IMO)
TOS and the Animated Series were both just great fun, but lacked the depth of the later shows.
Voyager was okay, but kinda dull.
And Enterprise...yeah, no, just no.

Animated series- Never watched it.

Oh man, you missed out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH_ywv9FqW4"]YouTube- Kirk is a jerk[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cv2INuu9eo"]YouTube- Star Trek TAS Should've been a librarian[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB4NH5J19ow"]YouTube- Scrutable Sulu[/ame]

Last edited:
There is only one true answer to this question...

[youtube]QuEfGbj9qS4[/youtube]

I'm sorry, but TOS was just too wacky for its own good more often than not, and lacked direction. The animated series was even worse about this.

TNG was the point at which the franchise really got their momentum going.

DS9 was like a sequel to TNG, not as good but enough to keep the fans happy.

Voyager was like a sequel to DS9, even less good, and unfortunately not enough to keep the fans happy either.

Enterprise was just plain brilliant, despite the painful theme/opening credits song.
Edit:
I just realized that the 'Gay Cowboy theme song' option was for Enterprise. Had I realized that, I probably would have voted here. Enterprise was very intelligently written, and is the only series they've made that followed a consistent plot arc. Also, I have to admit that it reminded me a lot of the series nearest and dearest to my heart... Star Blazers (aka Space Battlecruiser Yamato).

The new movie was very well done, but to be honest Eric Bana and his mining ship Death Star kinda ruined it for me. If it had been some sort of massive Romulan dreadnaught, and Nero was an actual military officer played by an actor with any degree of talent, I would have given that film an A+.

Last edited:
The new movie was very well done, but to be honest Eric Bana and his mining ship Death Star kinda ruined it for me. If it had been some sort of massive Romulan dreadnaught, and Nero was an actual military officer played by an actor with any degree of talent, I would have given that film an A+.

True all that!

I kept waiting to hear "keeck boxeng tweny four awahs a daAy". /reference no one will get

Thank god they cut the Klingon Urak Hai scene.

I didn't grow up with the original so, my first pick is TNG, then Voyager, and finally DS9. And even after watching a few episodes of the original series, for some reason, I'm not as impressed. Of course I have to give kudos to the original for inspiring future versions.

Edit: Just looked up Star Trek Enterprise. Totally forgot about it. Liked it though. Was not properly developed. Quite a few missed opportunities.

TNG. There's no contest, a great cast, interesting plots and (for it's day) it had some incredible special effects. It also wasn't afraid to explore very dark and serial ideas. Some of the episodes (Frame of Mind and Phantasms come to mind) left with nightmares for weeks.

We have been watching Discovery season two and have taken to calling Capt. Pike's portrayal in the Original series .....
DismalSaneAdeliepenguin-small.gif

Firefly

Reactions: Daustus
Intensely attracted to this character

Kaylee.jpg

I'm not a star trek guy but I could easily become one I really enjoyed the new movies, Benedict Cumberbatch was a pretty epic Khan!