What's your blood type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's your blood type?

Not that I want to discourage anyone from finding a healthier diet and lifestyle, but the blood type diet is total bullshit:

http://news.utoronto.ca/popular-diet-theory-debunked

Yeah, it's best to take this method with a grain of salt. I wouldn't regard it as total "bullshit," but it's something nice to consider. Also, I like the idea of actually being aware of our own blood types. I find that a lot of us here in North America aren't aware of what our blood types are.

One thing for sure (that this diet confirms)- is that I NEED protein! xD Tried the vegan thing, and I felt worse before I started the diet (didn't eat any processed junk either). But I am aware that protein (meat) isn't exclusive to certain blood types. (as the diet claims) :p

Yeah, it's best to take this method with a grain of salt. I wouldn't regard it as total "bullshit," but it's something nice to consider. Also, I like the idea of actually being aware of our own blood types. I find that a lot of us here in North America aren't aware of what our blood types are.

One thing for sure (that this diet confirms)- is that I NEED protein! xD Tried the vegan thing, and I felt worse before I started the diet (didn't eat any processed junk either). But I am aware that protein (meat) isn't exclusive to certain blood types. (as the diet claims) :p

I'd rather commit suicide than be a vegan lol. That's about the nicest way I can put it.

A low carb diet is excellent and has a lot of extensive health benefits, that is for certain. But to try to tie it into blood type is just another method of jumping on the Fad Diet train. If you can eliminate the idea that your blood type dictates what kind of foods you can eat and actually just stick to whole foods, you'll be fine.

I can come off as a bit blunt about nutrition but I have spent copious amounts of time researching nutrition and exercise so when I see anything that's Fad like I want to shut it down immediately because it's insane.

Reactions: Free
You can receive RH Negative blood as well, AB+ is the true universal receiver (AB- can only receive RH -). You don't gots ta' take it if you don't want to though!! :m182: hehe

Really?? I didn't know that I could receive RH Negative blood too... I guess that I'm even cooler than I thought :mhula:

There are also other RH antigens other that D. There is C,c, E, and e. If you are D+, you can receive D+ or D- blood, but donor blood may be C+,c+,E+, or e+ as well. If it's your first time getting blood it's no big deal because you usually do not have naturally occurring antibodies to these other antigens. But, if you are negative for these antigens you may develop an antibody after receiving the blood, so the next time you receive blood you will have to be given units screened negative for the antigens you've developed antibodies against.

There are also a whole host of other blood groups other than the Rh blood groups, such as Kell, Duffy, and Lewis.

There are also other RH antigens other that D. There is C,c, E, and e. If you are D+, you can receive D+ or D- blood, but donor blood may be C+,c+,E+, or e+ as well. If it's your first time getting blood it's no big deal because you usually do not have naturally occurring antibodies to these other antigens. But, if you are negative for these antigens you may develop an antibody after receiving the blood, so the next time you receive blood you will have to be given units screened negative for the antigens you've developed antibodies against.

There are also a whole host of other blood groups other than the Rh blood groups, such as Kell, Duffy, and Lewis.
I didn't know there were so many....are you serious? How common are these others your listing?

If you aren't able to donate blood (I'm only at 44 kg so they won't let me), or don't want to pay the high amount to get it tested at the lab (In my city, it's around $40), you can try the test that's available on the site I've posted (I don't wanna sound like I'm promoting it xD). One thing though (for me at least) is that the lancet needle HURTS! It's not unbearable, but even to this day when I touch where my finger has been pricked, I feel some pain. My boyfriend feels fine though, so I guess it depends on the person :p

Nah it's cool. I'll ask my doctor when I see her next like [MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION] suggested. Oh, I have a high pain tolerance. I love needles and getting blood drawn/getting tattoos. I find it stress relieving. I'd like to donate blood sometime but I hate the after effect of it. It sucks. Always feel dizzy and groce.

O neg - universal donor, very healthy, excellent iron and I stopped giving blood because the last time, they took three bags! I had no blood left (I am petite) and oj and crackers were a joke. Fell trying to get up. Vampires!

O+ (Positive)

So anything special to consider with my type ? ;)
I do remember something about O+ being able to give & receive blood from/to everyone... that correct?

O+ (Positive)

So anything special to consider with my type ? ;)
I do remember something about O+ being able to give & receive blood from/to everyone... that correct?

People with type O blood can donate to anybody but they can only receive type O blood.

Last edited:
i have a very common blood type, A. i donated blood a lot when i was a kid but because i have had sexual interactions with other men in the past ten years i am considered a high risk group and i dont donate anymore. (i dont take it personally or politically)

I remember testing A negative (A-) in biology class, I think I've had this confirmed later on as well but I don't really remember.

Right now I've been a vegetarian for about about three years, but even before that I have never had problems with weight gain or getting in shape.

A+

Father = AB+
Mother = O+

I have 4 siblings, and 3 of us are B+, while the other 2 are A+.

O+
I remember when I found out was when I went to boot camp for the Coast Guard, they stuck a big, florescent orange sticker on my folder as we made our way through the series of shots and hernia checks. “Turn your head and cough Son.”.
So it’s almost universal, it’s universal to anyone RH +.

*is hiding in the shadows and making note of everyone who's type O*

:mlight:

I'm A. I don't do well with gluten but I'm fine with meat and occasional dairy. The diet says I should be vegetarian but I could never do that diet. I need protein and fat.

Last edited: