Switchgirl

ON and OFF mode
Nov 8, 2013
MBTI
INFp-Fe
Enneagram
9w1 sx/sp
Hi everyone,

I'm not too sure if there was a thread like this in the past, and if there was, I apologize!

Recently I've been interested in the blood type diet, so I tested my blood type yesterday. I tested as O- (which was sort of a shock, because Asians are usually RH+). The weirder thing- my boyfriend (who's also Asian) tested as B-.

Some of the similarities my O- sister and I have are frequent sleep paralysis, no wisdom teeth (this could totally be unrelated to blood type), sensitivity to electromagnetic fields, anemia, and we're both highly emotionally sensitive individuals.

This site lists all the different characteristics of all the different genotypes (hunter, gatherer, teacher, explorer, warrior, and nomad): http://www.genotypediet.com/index.shtml

So, out of pure curiosity, what is your blood type? :D

Reactions: Sandie33
I don't know my blood type. But surely I will check it out someday! :) Very interesting how people can have different blood types...

Reactions: Free
I am A+. Interesting idea (the blood type diet). I wonder how related the genes that determine blood type and those that predispose to cancer, diabetes, etc. are. I read my type and it mentions predisposition to these plus heart disease. These are definitely inherited predispositions and so is blood type. Correlation or causation? Wish I had more time to look into it. I do agree with preferring fresh, organic foods and calming meditative exercise (yoga and dance for me).

Reactions: Remy Z
AB+ I think, but I don't really know what that means. My friend tells me it's rare, but I don't know as much about blood.

I am A+. Interesting idea (the blood type diet). I wonder how related the genes that determine blood type and those that predispose to cancer, diabetes, etc. are. I read my type and it mentions predisposition to these plus heart disease. These are definitely inherited predispositions and so is blood type. Correlation or causation? Wish I had more time to look into it. I do agree with preferring fresh, organic foods and calming meditative exercise (yoga and dance for me).

I believe a majority of people in Japan have an A blood type, and they have one of the most highest life expectancies in the world! I believe knowing your blood type is the key to achieving better health for yourself. In the past, I attempted a strictly vegetarian/vegan diet. I ate mostly fresh vegetables, and got my source of protein mainly from nuts. I couldn't even stand that diet for a week, and I ended up passing out xD. When you think about it, it's sort of like cars. All cars drive, but different cars require different kinds of fuel to operate.

AB+ I think, but I don't really know what that means. My friend tells me it's rare, but I don't know as much about blood.

Oh wow, lucky you! AB I believe is one of the most rarest of the blood types, and on top of that, you're the universal blood receiver. So if anything critical happens to you, you don't have to worry about a shortage of blood available to you during a transfusion because you can receive any type of blood.

Type AB-Blood type AB, the most recent, in terms of evolution, of the four groups and an amalgam of types A and B, is the most biologically complex. For this group, a combination of the exercises for types A and B works best, says Dr. D'Adamo.

http://www.dadamo.com/bloodtype_AB.htm

I just checked. My blood is still red.

And let the vampires know? Never!

NEVER!

*eats garlic*

I am O-

AB+

So no worry, all of you with + types can donate :m114:

You can receive RH Negative blood as well, AB+ is the true universal receiver (AB- can only receive RH -). You don't gots ta' take it if you don't want to though!! :m182: hehe

A, "explorer" genotype. Aka the one apparently destined for crazy (great).

O+

wtf is RH?

It stands for "Rhesus Factor." It's basically a protein; so if you've got it in your blood, you will test as RH positive. If you lack the RH protein in your blood, you will test as RH negative.

It stands for "Rhesus Factor." It's basically a protein; so if you've got it in your blood, you will test as RH positive. If you lack the RH protein in your blood, you will test as RH negative.

Does that mean it's just an addendum to having one of the ABO types?

How do you get your blood type tested?

Not that I want to discourage anyone from finding a healthier diet and lifestyle, but the blood type diet is total bullshit:

http://news.utoronto.ca/popular-diet-theory-debunked

“The way an individual responds to any one of these diets has absolutely nothing to do with their blood type and has everything to do with their ability to stick to a sensible vegetarian or low-carbohydrate diet,” said El-Sohemy.

Ask your doc, they may already have it on file. Buts it's just a simple blood test. Ask them to tick it off on your next check up.

Does that mean it's just an addendum to having one of the ABO types?

Yes ^^

If you aren't able to donate blood (I'm only at 44 kg so they won't let me), or don't want to pay the high amount to get it tested at the lab (In my city, it's around $40), you can try the test that's available on the site I've posted (I don't wanna sound like I'm promoting it xD). One thing though (for me at least) is that the lancet needle HURTS! It's not unbearable, but even to this day when I touch where my finger has been pricked, I feel some pain. My boyfriend feels fine though, so I guess it depends on the person :p