[PAX] - What's the worst way to break up with someone? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] What's the worst way to break up with someone?

con your devoted other into the conviction that their only possible course of action is to break up with you.

or,

convince your other that you have come to know them deeply and after having given them every chance to prove themselves, reject them irrevocably as an entirely bad person who you can never believe in and can never be right for you.

*hugs*

Reactions: NeverAmI
About three months ago a friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend by changing his Facebook status to single then just ignoring her.

As far as i know they still haven't spoken about it. He just avoided her until she got the message.

That's got to be one of the worst ways.

Wow... and they're STILL your friend?
I couldn't keep someone like that around me as a friend.
You're strong.

Wow... and they're STILL your friend?
I couldn't keep someone like that around me as a friend.
You're strong.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone made it clear we disaproved. I've known him for about 12 years though and life is too short to fall out with someone over a single incident. I certainly think less of him now though.

Can't speak from personal experience but not taking someone's calls and completely ignoring them.

I'd imagine ignoring the person in front of friends is not fun.

Also, laughing it off like it wasn't that big a deal.

Last edited:
Also, laughing it off like it wasn't that big a deal.

That's got to hurt more than anything else. Just ignoring them and then when you do finally see them again acting like it isn't even a big deal. That would suck

not sure if it qualifies as the worst, but texting a break up is pretty low.
I have done the texting break up. I broke up with my ex via text.. He lived far away and at the time, I didn't feel it was worth the gas and time out of my day to drive out to him to dump him for being a jerk. If I had to do it again. I'd do it the same way, only because I don't want to be inconvenienced.. and technology is convenient.

If the guy was a jerk and to break up with him normally is a big inconvience on your part then I don't see text break up as so bad.

Now that I look back on it my ex did a majority of the "Grade A Douchebag" methods short of something directly abusive :p

After blowing me off quite a few times, he text breaks up when I'm right outside his house, then ignores me and skips town to have his own fun for the summer (while being rather smug about it), comes back to town and seems legit interested in being a friend and being sorry, so I come over to his place only to see that he acts like its no big deal and acts very ignorant+not welcoming twoards me, as if I was inconviencing him.

Sometimes it baffles me how just mentally wrong some people can be when it comes to their emotional intellegence and maturity. I can understand if the kid grew up in a completely different culture but that's not applicable in this case.

Last edited:
I imagine the worst way to break up is probably murder.

Nah. This is the only way I break up with people. It's worked out fine...for me.

Well, a guy broke up with me this one time, and I really didn't know if he was dead. That kind of sucked.

Last edited:
Calculated for revenge and most hurtful impact.

The reasons why I had reached that point where I decided to do it like this are complex. At the time I thought she deserved it for what she had done. I was not a nice person. I'm a sadist, and I didn't really have that aspect under control then. This is terrible. I know that. I am not proud of this.

I told my girlfriend at the time that the only reason that I stuck around till before new year was because she kept trying to buy my love with cool stuff and I wanted to see what Christmas had in store. I thanked her for the imported Xbox, games and mp3 player, told her I was gone and that, oh, btw, I've been cheating on her for the last couple of months with someone who wasn't quite as boring a lay as her.

The worst I experienced was probably my x getting really pissed at all my friends at my 21st birthday party, yelling at the top of his voice and storming out....

never to be seen, or heard from again...lol, immature. he was angry because we were still drinking at 4am. it's a 21st. that's what happens.

Visiting his home for the first time, only to realize the full extent of his relationship with his roommate he didn't mention moved in, as well as find all his lewd acts going on in secret. Waiting at his place, sitting in a shitty apartment in the same room as the man he cheated on you with, waiting in a pang of misery until he gets home so you can tell him it's over, only for him to avoid coming home and you leaving for your own not being able to take it anymore. Talk to him through IM as he openly admits how he lied to you this whole time, as non-caring as possible. And then that's it, feeling no resolution.

Last time I invest as much as I did half-heartedly in someone, anyway! All in good experience I suppose, haha.

waitaminute, breaking up with someone by billboard has gotta suck.

Reactions: Gaze
When they've just moved to another country to be with you.
Like you couldn't do it before!?!?

Yeah, this has happened to me before, unfortunately. It was pretty bad. I threw a clock at the wall (I wanted it to be his head). Of course throw on top of that the person he left me for was my best friend at the time and you have a very pissed off me. Pissed off actually = more hurt, but that's how I deal with extreme pain in the moment. It's easier to be mad than to just break open.

When you tell someone it isn't working out and you don't want to continue seeing them and they argue with you and try to change your mind to the point that you then have to be mean to them.

Then you...

Just slip out the back Jack
Make a new plan Stan
Don't need to be coy Roy
Just get yourself free.
Hop on the bus Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key Lee
And get yourself free.

Paul Simon - 50 Ways to Leave your Lover

Reactions: Gaze