What's the coolest invention ever created? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's the coolest invention ever created?

I think DoveAlexa's right. Electricity has really revolutionised the way we live. I don't know if anything else has really changed human life quite like electricity. I don't know anyone who can go a day without touching something that uses electricity. I doubt very many do.

But I'm going have to say that movable type was probably the best invention ever, if only because it led to a better educated world which in turn led to harnessing electricity.

That, or maybe lying, I don't know.

As for things we could have done without, I think we would have been better off without chavs and guidos. I guess one shouldn't judge someone, especially off of something as petty as appearance, but I can't help but feel like I should start kicking puppies and eating babies when I see one of those guys.

As for the coolest invention though, it's obviously refrigerators and/or air-conditioning. :D

...Forgive me. :m068:

What's the coolest invention ever created? Why?

What inventions do you think we should toss to extinction? Why?

I can be cheesey and say the coolest invention is the air conditioner, but I won't. I really have always had a thing for analogue watches and clocks, though, so that'll be my vote.

I think we should toss dildoes to extinction. Why? Because, pluralized, the word looks like "dil does", and we can't have dil doing anything.

I can be cheesey and say the coolest invention is the air conditioner, but I won't. I really have always had a thing for analogue watches and clocks, though, so that'll be my vote.

:mill:

And, yes, I agree that digital is nothing compared to the spiffiness of the hands.

Along the lines of SPQR 's note, I think there have been several inventions such as language, the printing press, and the automobile which are the best, the most important, the most impacting to our lives, etc. (Personally, I think electricity was more of a discovery than an invention; it existed before we knew about it. But maybe I'm being too picky.)

The question was, "What is the coolest invention ever created?" While I'm pretty sure this makes it subjective, I think one of the coolest inventions ever is http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-drones-join-takeoff--human-intervention.html (the mini flying drones the join for takeoff without human intervention). Basically, these robots are programmed to "live" as individuals, but combine to form an interdependant swarm. They pass messages between them and "specialize" in their duties to keep the swarm flying. Almost like a hive mind... sniff...
This is also pretty darn cool. It's a coilgun built from normal, everyday electronics and computer parts.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LjnhhtHojM"]YouTube - Portable 1.25kJ Coilgun[/ame]

And there's this!! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/14/robot-with-rat-brain-robo_n_119057.html (Sorry, I just love cool inventions.) A robot with a biological brain?? Just try and tell me that's not cool. Of course, the next step is to make a robot with a human brain in it... preferably a killer death robot... preferably with my brain...

Clearly, we are living in the golden age of robotics.

I think written language is amazing.
"What are those squiggles on that clay tablet? How are you speaking about someone's thoughts 500 miles away as if you were there? That tablet must be haunted - you're being possessed!"

Last edited:
leverage-793719.gif

This; Leverage.

For me it's fascinating in the simplicty of the concept and complexity if its applications.

I am a simple girl. I appreciate the little things in life.

Recently, after eating like 80 tootsie pops, I thought wouldn't it be awesome if they made these without the sticks? I thought I was onto something. Then while browsing amazon.com for a gift for my daughters teacher, I found this:

tootsiepopdrops.jpg

I don't think they sell them in the U.S., and its really unfortunate that one bag costs about $25 :m154:

Reactions: jyrffw54 and Stella
The coolest:

Scientific approach(method)

The sweetest:

coca cola... I know... it is SO bad for you... but the carbonation! ahh!

Reactions: Stu
Liquid nitrogen. That's pretty cool stuff. Ice is a close second.

On a more serious note, I'd have to say the coolest invention is the internet. Perhaps not the coolest, but one of the best in my humble opinion.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
One of the following:

Cheese Grater
Google <3
Spell check

The internet.

The wheel of course is the most prolific discovery of all time. Without it a lot of things would not have happened. Wheels where used to power the earliest electricity. Now besides that, music. Music has been an instrumental part of society far before writing, reading, Internet, etc.. All that was learned or taught was passed down through song and ritual and that is still common to this day.

gunpowder

the AK-47

Bladed and stringed instruments of war were horrible. Thousands used to fight HTH and the suffering was too much to watch. Boiling oil poured onto people down below and the likes had me to place the AK-47 as one of the greatest accomplishments or inventions. Kalashnikov I think wished he had invented a hammer.

Nuclear power may well one day become one of man's greatest inventions.

Hate it when I post something like that and the thread just goes away.

Vibrator without a doubt, cures lady's hysteria in a mater of minutes. :D

Other than that I'll go with electricity and steam engine.

The Universe. Earth. Mankind. Life. Etc.

*starshine gets all metaphysical then skips away*

Dungeons & Dragons

deleted

Last edited: