What's the coolest invention ever created? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What's the coolest invention ever created?

just about anything Nikola Telsa made, though most notably AC electricity. We would live in a world of wires if it wasn't for that man's mind.

As for what could use some trashing, the combustion engine is getting pretty old.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwI1Xpwhyi8"]YouTube - Drunk History Vol. 6 Featuring John C. Reilly, and Crispin Glover[/ame]

anything where you can sit - rocks, benches or chairs, a place to rest our weary legs. :D

anything where you can sit - rocks, benches or chairs, a place to rest our weary legs. :D

picasso-pablo-the-rest-2407171.jpg

...and our weary minds.

Reactions: Gaze
One of the greatest modern inventions has to be the Internet. More information and communication has been created since the net was publicized than probably ever in print.

Coolest: Numb Chucks - Makes fighting look cool

Worst: Anything that's not a numb chuck.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQu-qoCcXw8"]YouTube - bruce lee uses numb chucks / nun chucks[/ame]

What's the coolest invention ever created? Why?

Agriculture (though there are a few drawbacks like overpopulation and ginormous resource depletion (due more to overpopulation than to agriculture directly.)

What inventions do you think we should toss to extinction? Why?

Money (that, or redefine 'profit' to include that which benefits as many people as possible so that those who SEEK profit do more good than harm (unlike now.))

The COOLEST invention? Probably the refrigerator :p

In all seriousness, fire wins hands down.

Best invention ever: Nuclear Power

Worst invention ever: Nuclear Bombs

Coolest invention: The Piano (*Seriously changed music*)

Last edited:
Socks. I mean, where did THOSE come from? :m200:

Best invention: Writing
It's cool that we can share ideas, information and experiences across time (even centuries) and distance. Plus, we would not have our current civilization without it.

Worst invention: Cell phones

I always lose them. They ring at inconvenient times such as when the traffic light turns green or when you are in the shower or on a ladder or...
I know that you can turn them off but, when you do, there are always a bunch of angry messages from people who are trying to contact you desperately because of some emergency or the other.

Coolest invention: The steam mop.

I'm obsessed with my steam mop, and I cannot help it. I love a clean floor, but now I genuinely enjoy cleaning it. The steam mop makes mopping fun and simple. Best of all, it thoroughly cleans and sanitizes the floor without the use of chemicals. Now mopping takes me on a cleanliness mind trip to the nth degree. It's very therapeutic.

Worst invention: Cotton balls.

There is something not right about cotton balls. The worst is when I have a splitting headache, and I open a new bottle of aspirin only to find the medicine is buried beneath a mound of densely packed cotton. Tearing it apart is the worst!! Makes my jaw hurt just thinking about it, and I've got goose bumps now. I will not allow a cotton ball in my home.

as the niche of a products use becomes smaller, it's coolness approaches infinity. Therefore, the the coolest product is Lim (x->0+) of f(x)

Reactions: Gaze
Best invention... I'll go for a non-technological one: farming and the domestication of animals (ie. agriculture).

Without this we would be stuck at square one: trying to scrape together a living and not much else.

Useless invention: computer games. They're fun, but they have no benefit besides very low-level entertainment.

Best invention: Language
Worst: Private property/money

Is fire considered a discovery or an invention?