What's my type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's my type?

The type that tells me not to message them ever again on yahoo messenger. What kind of type do you guys hypothesize is that??

Love, you are 16. I am not looking to have friends that young, I'm sorry.

INTJ or INFJ. i'm leaning towards the former. you kind of remind me of Reon

Mmm, and how is Reon?

Reon's pretty cool, he has standards and strict expectations (or at least that's the vibe I get from him) like what you described of yourself in the first post.

Also, lets not rule out ENTJ :p

how confident are you? all ENTJs I know are very confident and have no trouble talking to anyone, regardless of rank. they're also usually very good leaders, and know how to coordinate the actions of many subordinates. does that sound like you?

Reon's pretty cool, he has standards and strict expectations (or at least that's the vibe I get from him) like what you described of yourself in the first post.

how confident are you? all ENTJs I know are very confident and have no trouble talking to anyone, regardless of rank. they're also usually very good leaders, and know how to coordinate the actions of many subordinates. does that sound like you?

Hmm, yeah, that sounds like me, only I am a little more laid back compared to what I imagine of Reon.

Confident-wise, pretty confident. I trust my ability to size up people and situations and can do it in seconds. I know what I'm good at and what I'm not and what I can take on and can't. I'm pretty direct with the person about what I can and can't do, and will direct them to the appropriate person if necessary.

Yeah, rank does not phase me. I often look for the deeper meaning. If I get a good read on something (someone, or a situation) I don't need to do that.

I would consider myself a leader yes. I think I lead by example.

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah, that sounds like me, only I am a little laid back.

Confident-wise, pretty confident. I trust my ability to size up people and situations and can do it in seconds. I know what I'm good at and what I'm not and what I can take on and can't. I'm pretty direct with the person about what I can and can't do, and will direct them to the appropriate person if necessary.

Yeah, rank does not phase me. I often look for the deeper meaning. If I get a good read on something (someone, or a situation) I don't need to do that.

thanks for that. ENTJ :p i'm guessing your extroversion score will get higher as you get older; at this stage it seems somewhat repressed. maybe you haven't had a chance to really control things yet and have people rely on you.

just to confirm though: what's your opinion of networking?

thanks for that. ENTJ :p i'm guessing your extroversion score will get higher as you get older; at this stage it seems somewhat repressed. maybe you haven't had a chance to really control things yet and have people rely on you.

just to confirm though: what's your opinion of networking?

"Networking?" Well, I see that as either via the computer... or face-to-face... Like, as a part-time life coach, I "network," which means give out and trade business cards with other people in the medical and arts profession :p

copy&pasted from the other thread:

I often choose a knight as my avatar because I feel like a knight... I feel as though I am strong on the outside, but inside I feel vulnerable... I have been told that over all I am a "strong" person, but I am terribly afraid of not being strong enough. I am also very protective like a knight and will defend a cause or a person with whom I hold dear in my heart fiercely. I am both a fighter and a lover.

see, this makes you sound more like an INFJ. instinctively i feel that's what you are, but from your other posts you talk like an I/ENTJ. is it possible you're emulating the xNTJ mode of expression because you admire it, not because you're naturally that way?

also what you just said about networking isn't what i'd expect of an ENTJ... but then maybe you just have a different definition of the word compared to ENTJs i know irl. they'd consider it an integral part of career success (which is often on their minds) & they're naturally good at it.

copy&pasted from the other thread:

see, this makes you sound more like an INFJ. instinctively i feel that's what you are, but from your other posts you talk like an I/ENTJ. is it possible you're emulating the xNTJ mode of expression because you admire it, not because you're naturally that way?

also what you just said about networking isn't what i'd expect of an ENTJ... but then maybe you just have a different definition of the word compared to ENTJs i know irl. they'd consider it an integral part of career success (which is often on their minds) & they're naturally good at it.

I could just be a T pretty in touch with my emotional side, which is what you saw in the "knight" analogy. I am very sensitive but also very smart. I have learned to not react or take things so personally and learned to develop objectivity. I am very aware. I question and challenge things because I am a truth seeker. I want to get to the core and the motive, and I'm pretty good at sizing up people and situations. Anyway, I don't think I would try to be another way than I am... meaning, I don't think I would try to be like a T because I admire it... I really do see myself as smart.

I'm either a F who's developed some T defenses and analysis or a T who's in touch with her emotional side. Are there some penetrating questions that can help get to the truth?

I could just be a T pretty in touch with my emotional side, which is what you saw in the "knight" analogy. I am very sensitive but also very smart. I have learned to not react or take things so personally and learned to develop objectivity. I am very aware. I question and challenge things because I am a truth seeker. I want to get to the core and the motive, and I'm pretty good at sizing up people and situations. Anyway, I don't think I would try to be another way than I am... meaning, I don't think I would try to be like a T because I admire it... I really do see myself as smart.

I'm either a F who's developed some T defenses and analysis or a T who's in touch with her emotional side. Are there some penetrating questions that can help get to the truth?

That makes me wonder. Also, I don't believe a preference for T vs. an F, or an NT vs. NF, is an indication of intelligence, even if NT's are typically regarded as the innovators aka brainy group.

Last edited:
I think the way to resolve this, or at least an attempt would be to come up with a set of penetrating questions aimed at clarifying and uncovering the truth. ie, perhaps these questions can be based off childhood? Childhood-Adulthood... but there must be a series of questions that will help uncover true type. Sort of like a detective, or cross-expert examiner :p

it wasn't exactly the knight analogy that made me think that, it was more the "being fiercely loyal" which is common amongst INFJs, and also being strong on the outside but vulnerable on the inside - i've heard infjs say that before on the forums. also, type has nothing to do with smartness, Fs can be equally "smart" but they don't judge things on objective criteria, they judge them first on how they feel about them. their values and their empathy form the core of who they are, much more so than NTs.

it wasn't exactly the knight analogy that made me think that, it was more the "being fiercely loyal" which is common amongst INFJs, and also being strong on the outside but vulnerable on the inside - i've heard infjs say that before on the forums. also, type has nothing to do with smartness, Fs can be equally "smart" but they don't judge things on objective criteria, they judge them first on how they feel about them. their values and their empathy form the core of who they are, much more so than NTs.

Oh, yeah, I def. believe F's can be smart. I'm sorry, I think I was misunderstood :( Anywho, yeah... I mean, people say I'm strong all around (both inside and outside), and while at times I do feel very strong inside, in that I am fiercely loyal and protective, I still do not feel like I am strong enough in that I am terrified of being pecked to death... rather, hurt emotionally. I have terrible trust issues. I find it much easier to trust a woman who is upfront. Women who are not direct and not open/expressive about their emotions/loyalties make me uncomfortable. But yeah...

I do know that every partner I have ever had has been a feeler, and mostly extraverted. I do think I could have an amazing relationship with an introverted feeler, however. I have found ISFJ's to be pretty interesting :p At least I think (am pretty sure) the person is an ISFJ.

I am attracted to reiki/yogi master's :p

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah, that sounds like me, only I am a little more laid back compared to what I imagine of Reon.

Speaking of me. I'd like to say that my standards only apply to me and I don't really expect anything from people, I do believe people should act in a certain way (that fufills their needs and self actualization) but it's not for me to tell them how they should act. We all make choices and I choose people to interact with based on the sum of those actions. I'd like to think I'm pretty open and laid back though, everyone has something to offer.

Being fiercely loyal is often a trait of INTJs (Rather than ENTJs in my opinion) Also, I find that INTJs are excessively bothered by criticisms made by those they trust. If you're a true friend, you have to practically handle an INTJ with care. If you criticize him, he'll go into a "fix it" + "self loathe" mode.

Question: What do you think about Fe?
Question: Is leading something you happen to do, or something you truly enjoy
Question: Out of Ni and Te, which function do you think you prefer?
Question: Out of Se and Fi, which one do you use more often.

Speaking of me. I'd like to say that my standards only apply to me and I don't really expect anything from people, I do believe people should act in a certain way (that fufills their needs and self actualization) but it's not for me to tell them how they should act. We all make choices and I choose people to interact with based on the sum of those actions. I'd like to think I'm pretty open and laid back though, everyone has something to offer.

Being fiercely loyal is often a trait of INTJs (Rather than ENTJs in my opinion) Also, I find that INTJs are excessively bothered by criticisms made by those they trust. If you're a true friend, you have to practically handle an INTJ with care. If you criticize him, he'll go into a "fix it" + "self loathe" mode.

Question: What do you think about Fe?
Question: Is leading something you happen to do, or something you truly enjoy
Question: Out of Ni and Te, which function do you think you prefer?
Question: Out of Se and Fi, which one do you use more often.

Mmm... interesting. Well, I am not worried so much about what my friends think (though I certainly do care) compared to what a significant other, or potential romantic interest might think. I am sensitive to rejection in that I want to be able to maintain that partner's attention over anyone else's.

I should shush here because I am going to give away my secret's :p Haha, I just started a thread on "Reveal your crush," and if I don't hush, then someone who MAY have a crush on me (heh, there's someone for everyone) ;) may know the secret to my heart @};-

But yeah... Umm... criticism... yeah... I am pretty immune to it except when I am called "weird." Being called weird for whatever reason really bothers me. *Sigh*

I am more or less sensitive to comparison and being replaced. I enjoy knowing I have captivated one's attention and have their best interests and undue loyalty... and like to keep it that way :p

To answer the rest of your questions... I would say I use Fi more than Se... and I do not know if I use Ni more than Te. *Shrug* I think Fe is awesome, but so is Fi. Fe can be superficial and flattery, however it can also be connecting and very warm and sincere.

As for leading... yes, I enjoy leading. I would say I am a subtle leader, but when I lead, it can be fierce. I am pretty dominant. I also believe myself to know what I'm talking about. I am also a great communicator.

My weaknesses are impatience... I am impatient with inefficiency, sloppiness, filth, disorganization, and lateness. It would be noteworthy to state that I am none of these things by the way; they are merely pet peeves of mine! ;)

Last edited:
Mmm... interesting. Well, I am not worried so much about what my friends think (though I certainly do care) compared to what a significant other, or potential romantic interest might think. I am sensitive to rejection in that I want to be able to maintain that partner's attention over anyone else's.

I should shush here because I am going to give away my secret's :p Haha, I just started a thread on "Reveal your crush," and if I don't hush, then someone who MAY have a crush on me (heh, there's someone for everyone) ;) may know the secret to my heart @};-

But yeah... Umm... criticism... yeah... I am pretty immune to it except when I am called "weird." Being called weird for whatever reason really bothers me. *Sigh*

I am more or less sensitive to comparison and being replaced. I enjoy knowing I have captivated one's attention and like to keep it that way :p

Hmm....I can't really tell, but now I'm starting to think that you might be a ENTJ. Hmm. I see small blazes of Fi (And not Fe, I think a person who has a lot of Fe such as an INFJ would care more about what their friend thinks) Hmm. When you're in a real bad place emotionally, do you have a tendency to start doing thing physically and organizing the environment around you or do you have a tendency to indulge in guilty pleasure and act immediately upon how you feel? Do you feel like you need to make yourself an authentic person?

Edit: In what ways are you a subtle leader. If you use FI more Se, you're an INTJ, but with that being said most people really don't recognize when they are using Se. I share most of your views about inefficiency.

Last edited:
Hmm....I can't really tell, but now I'm starting to think that you might be a ENTJ. Hmm. I see small blazes of Fi (And not Fe, I think a person who has a lot of Fe such as an INFJ would care more about what their friend thinks) Hmm. When you're in a real bad place emotionally, do you have a tendency to start doing thing physically and organizing the environment around you or do you have a tendency to indulge in guilty pleasure and act immediately upon how you feel? Do you feel like you need to make yourself an authentic person?

Edit: In what ways are you a subtle leader. If you use FI more Se, you're an INTJ, but with that being said most people really don't recognize when they are using Se. I share most of your views about inefficiency.

When I am in a bad place emotionally I usually write a lot... talk to friends a lot, and try to exercise and imagine a better scenerio... I tend to overindulge in Se stuff...

As far as an authentic person... authenticity is very important to me, but I believe I am naturally authentic... I mean, I am always striving to be more in line with who I really am, yes. And I am always trying to further develop and discover myself and parts of myself and work on developing those parts :)

I am a leader in that I am pretty non conventional, both in mannerisms and in thought, so a lot of things I think of, are later used by others... I am innovative and original.

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
When I am in a bad place emotionally I usually write a lot... talk to friends a lot, and try to exercise and imagine a better scenerio... I tend to overindulge in Se stuff...

As far as an authentic person... authenticity is very important to me, but I believe I am naturally authentic... I mean, I am always striving to be more in line with who I really am, yes. And I am always trying to further develop and discover myself and parts of myself and work on developing those parts :)

I am a leader in that I am pretty non conventional, both in mannerisms and in thought, so a lot of things I think of, are later used by others... I am innovative and original.

Hope this helps ;)

I'm leaning towards ENTJ now, but I think you should join the INTJ forum and observe the differences between INTJs and ENTJs. It's blatantly obvious but it's hard to put into words.