What's awesome about being an INFJ | INFJ Forum

What's awesome about being an INFJ

AUM

The Romantic Scientist
Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
4w5
OK, now that we know what sucks about being an INFJ, I would like to know why would you in the first place be proud to be an INFJ. I'm pretty sure that we have some wonderful gifts as well and I want to share with you some of them.

• My never-ending quest of knowing myself
  • Being able to be compassionate with others
  • anticipating other's needs
  • self-less attitude towards the world
  • thriving to be the best in what I do
  • Having a sense of purpose on what I want to do
  • Never conforming
  • Observe the world from different perspectives
  • Taking care of other's needs
  • creating connections and believing that peace can be achieved

These are my own, but I'm curious to know what makes each INFJ unique apart from the four letters.What makes you YOU!

You said basically everything I was going to say. :D

• Intuition - to instinctively know and understand peoples needs and wants
  • Compassion - there isn't enough in the world
  • being a non-conformist
  • As much as it annoys me I do really appreciate my feeling side :)
  • doing whatever I can to make this world a little bit better place
  • I like being introverted and quiet
  • my imagination

• Insight. Knowing, intuitively, what is right.
  • Social chameleon - capable of being all things to different people.
  • Able to entertain oneself.
  • Powerful imagination
  • Capable of being the impartial party.
  • Champion of the less fortunate.
  • Intelligent.

knowing that the INFJ type exists, that you're not actually defective or an isolated case of craze that you had almost been inclined to believe before you took the mbti. or maybe that is just me.

Reactions: sumone and Wyote
  • Being fully aware that there are things beyond myself
  • (+1 TDHT) Social Chameleon - Blending/meshing easily with a group
  • (+1 relaxingmelody) Knowing myself better than others know themselves, while knowing how others tick almost just as well
  • (+1 RetardedMonkey) Having a bottomless amount of compassion, and decent intuition about when to utilize it
  • Having my own world to escape to, no matter what's happening

I don't know if this is an INFJ thing or not, but I have a lot of "inside jokes" with myself. It's kind of weird, but I can make myself laugh so easily in certain situations but I'd never actually be able to tell anyone else why I was laughing. So I try to wait until someone tells a joke so I can laugh at whatever I was thinking about. Unless the joke actually was funny to me.

knowing that the INFJ type exists, that you're not actually defective or an isolated case of craze that you had almost been inclined to believe before you took the mbti. or maybe that is just me.

Not just you. I have to visit this forum regularly just to remind myself that I'm not crazed.

I love and hate everything about being an INFJ, for example, today I might have loved my Ni and hated my Fe, and tomorrow I'll just wish I was an extravert. But I too especially love my imagination!

I don't know if this is an INFJ thing or not, but I have a lot of "inside jokes" with myself. It's kind of weird, but I can make myself laugh so easily in certain situations but I'd never actually be able to tell anyone else why I was laughing. So I try to wait until someone tells a joke so I can laugh at whatever I was thinking about. Unless the joke actually was funny to me.

I do this too! :becky:

Living within the dream :)

I've always liked feeling as if I had some sort of inner wisdom and greater purpose, along with everything already said.

Being able to tap into a feeling of love for all beings, to fill up on that and feel totally at peace with the world.

Similarly, an ability to phase out from reality. No matter what is going on around me, I can dissapear inside myself and feel totally calm.

The ability to view myself from the outside , as I would any other person. When life gets to much, I can exit my body and watch the situation unfold without identifying with it. This helps especially in situations that would otherwise distress me, but in which I need to remain calm in order to best serve the person I'm interacting with.

The capability to help others and it actually works out.

It gives me an awesome feeling =3

having a rich inner life
understanding myself better than anyone can
striving to be the best i can be
rich imagination
love
capable of making dreams come true
striving to have a happy ending
making the world a better place
being soooooo lovable, cuddly, appreciative, caring and all

and all the things that all of you said :m171:

Last edited:
I think everyone has said it all very well. I especially appreciate the gift of intuition that comes with being infj.

The ability to read between the lines.
The ability to understand people.
The pleasure I get from nature.
The pleasure I get from my creativity.
The pleasure I get when I can see the big picture before the brainiacs do.
The ability to feel instant compassion for others.
The ability to find humor from the smallest of things.
To understand fairness.
The ability to forgive.
The ability to be moved by music, art, movies, books.
Patience.

Knowing how people feel by just walking into a room and talking to them for 5 minutes. Being able to talk them through problems and help them realize a viable solution.

Reactions: gloomy-optimist
I like the self entertainment aspect of it and the lack of boredom.

I definitely think my constant striving for a better self is an asset. It drives me nutty, but I do think it allows me to grow.