What sucks about being introverted? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What sucks about being introverted?

Yes, me, too. I didn't post earlier becasue I just don't see any downsides.
I just feel like I'm introverted because I am naturally like that and I act the way I do because I like it. Ya know?

I just feel like I'm introverted because I am naturally like that and I act the way I do because I like it. Ya know?
Yes, I do.....it's always worked for me just fine over the years. It does require some balance, I suppose, but I tend to do that pretty naturally as you say.

Reactions: the
-Introverts sometimes seem to me to be more caring.

Interesting. For me, it just doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps I think it may be due to the competitive nature between two or more introverts. All the people in my life that have been more caring about me were extroverts not introverts.

Interesting. For me, it just doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps I think it may be due to the competitive nature between two or more introverts. All the people in my life that have been more caring about me were extroverts not introverts.

I think it's because introverts pay more attention, and so are more aware of when a need ought to be met. I think this even goes for the thinking types.

For me (and this may be more distintive of INFJs than introverts in general) the hardest part is that during contemplation, I realize all sorts of awesome stuff, but I can't share my excitement with others because they find it boring, and think I'm odd.

I was reading a medical report on Introversion that stated we introverts literally do think more about things, that these portions of our brains quite literally are more active than others. But this tendency to reflect and contemplate is not appreciated in our culture. I totally depend on the "extraverted personas" I've developed for different places and groups, just so I can have friends and good work relationships. It IS rather awkward when the person who knows the real you the best is your cat. :D

For me (and this may be more distintive of INFJs than introverts in general) the hardest part is that during contemplation, I realize all sorts of awesome stuff, but I can't share my excitement with others because they find it boring, and think I'm odd.

I was reading a medical report on Introversion that stated we introverts literally do think more about things, that these portions of our brains quite literally are more active than others. But this tendency to reflect and contemplate is not appreciated in our culture. I totally depend on the "extraverted personas" I've developed for different places and groups, just so I can have friends and good work relationships. It IS rather awkward when the person who knows the real you the best is your cat. :D

I don't have a good extraverted persona. I do get along with the majority of people for awhile, but then I end up getting really annoyed, or accidentally making them feel ill at ease. When I finally find people who I want to interact with, I get nervous and uncertain, which results in me unconsciously trying too hard to please them. Additionally, even when the people are nice and interesting, I feel somewhat out of place among them, but I don't know why because they have in no way indicated that I don't belong.

Having people (read: your mother) think something is terribly wrong with you and accusing you of being a future agoraphobe, lol.

Reactions: Gaze
Hmm I just dislike that people think I'm shy, there's a great difference between being quiet and being shy. Basically what everyone else
is saying, some people think you are ignoring them because you're quiet, my mom especially thinks Im ignoring her at times because I'm off in my little word,but day dreaming and thinking about space is what I like doing. Being the quiet one in the group is kinda awkward I can't help it, I can't bring myself to interrupt someone else's conversation, I really just don't like group conversations .-.

People say I never talk and then when I do say something they act completely disinterested in what I am saying.

When I am listening to a story someone in telling me and they say "Why are you looking at me like that? It's like you are staring into my soul?!" I don't know if this is an introvert thing, or just because I have big eyes. but...still.lol

When I feel like it takes every fiber of my being to concentrate on a conversation I am having with an extrovert. (Extroverts are rarely perceptive enough to know what topics will truly be of interest to me)

Feeling alone, but knowing that the loneliness is totally because of you and not everyone else.

Fearing that no one in the world will ever

Last edited:
I think many introverts who are on the more introverted side tend to think they don't have much to say that's interesting. In actuality, us extroverts just tend blabber on whenever we feel like talking regardless if we find ourselves interesting or not. Extroverts view the object as connection/socialization rather than emphasis on having anything important to say in particular. And so we will appreciate whatever you have to say or whatever you're thinking about, even if it's stupid. Or at least I do. Lol I guess it's probably that most introverts want to avoid looking like the blabbering retards that us extroverts can be, that's probably one aspect of it at least. But if it's concerning feeling boring or uninteresting I can assure you that you don't have to worry about it. Maybe only when talking to other introverts.

Given the extroverted nature of the world, it's difficult when an introvert has to do extroverted things that are inevitably part of the job. For example, an introvert can be a talented engineer, so what's the reward? The boss says you have to accompany the ESTP marketing guy on a trip to do presentations to customers and it's pure torture. It's bad enough having to do the presentations and then sitting in interminable meetings. Then, later, you have to go to dinner with the same group and everyone gets drunk. The extroverts get drunk, raucous, and enjoy themselves. The introverts get drunk because alcohol is an anesthetic.

The world can't see what you've done. To you, to the world, to others.

Reactions: barbad0s
Having to explain yourself when you need to just walk away from all the hubbub and recharge, collect your thoughts, process things. Also having to make yourself look occupied externally when people give you crap 'cause they assume you were just being lazy/strange, when you were, in fact, engaging in much more productive and constructive cognition than whatever you've now gotten into to mollify whomever wouldn't stop giving you hell (kinda similar to what [MENTION=1669]Rite[/MENTION] said ^_^).

Although, just between ya'll and me... :m158: sometimes it is just me being lazy, heh heh.

Agreed with most of the above. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Free Mind
I found the perfect video for this thread.

[video=youtube;2BYAXDyYpY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYAXDyYpY0&feature=autoplay&list=ULpIXHe1 pU4Lo&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=2[/video]

Last edited: