What sucks about being introverted?

Roxi

Four
Aug 2, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 2
Hello everyone, I am writing a song about being an introvert. It's for a silly project of mine.

Anywho, I was wondering, what, in your opinion, sucks about being an introvert? (Not saying being an introvert sucks at all, but of course it has it's ups and downs). I sometimes wish I were more extroverted, but I do love my introverted tendencies as well. It's supposed to be a funny, light-humored song, with rings of truth to it. You can go all-out with the clich

Last edited:
I just realized I probably should have put this in a different thread/topic/place/thingy. Balls.

Wish I could move it but what's done is done agasgfdjlgf.

Last edited:
Not being able to reach out when you need to. Alone ness is awesome and what not *waves introvert support flag... uh, alone*, but hell, there are times when I wish I could will myself out of it and just talk.

It sucks that people think they are being friendly, when in fact they are interrupting (Ni) and then I don't want to offend them by blowing them off (Fe).

Reactions: Kgal
Being quiet enough that I forget how to speak up for myself and get walked on. Breaking the shell, as it were.
Being taken for granted, as though we're shadows on the wall following every step faithfully.
Frequent, in my case at least (though from all the articles listed it can be surmised I am a door mouse), misunderstandings of intention and character.

I don't think it really sucks in any way but sometimes I feel a bit left out you know.

Being quiet enough that I forget how to speak up for myself and get walked on. Breaking the shell, as it were.
Being taken for granted, as though we're shadows on the wall following every step faithfully.
Frequent, in my case at least (though from all the articles listed it can be surmised I am a door mouse), misunderstandings of intention and character.

pretty much. :D

The difficulty of meeting people outside of organized activities. I am simply not programmed to be able to just go up to some random person and begin talking to them unless I'm participating in some kind of activity with them e.g work, sports, etc.

Subsequently, waiting for people to try and get to know you in order to get friends.

Trying to have small talk conversations with other introverts.

Digging your self into a cave of solitude that you can't really get out of when you want to, because people assume you don't want to be around them.

Being so observant of other people's lives that you have nothing to talk about when you meet them and/or having to lie about not knowing something in order to fit into social norm boundaries.

The intolerable tendency towards being cynical and pessimistic.

The difficulty of meeting people outside of organized activities. I am simply not programmed to be able to just go up to some random person and begin talking to them unless I'm participating in some kind of activity with them e.g work, sports, etc.

Subsequently, waiting for people to try and get to know you in order to get friends.

Trying to have small talk conversations with other introverts.

Digging your self into a cave of solitude that you can't really get out of when you want to, because people assume you don't want to be around them.

Being so observant of other people's lives that you have nothing to talk about when you meet them and/or having to lie about not knowing something in order to fit into social norm boundaries.

The intolerable tendency towards being cynical and pessimistic.

Sports really does help you get out of your shell. It gets you to open up to people and everybody's happy because endorphins are being released!

Sometimes, as an Extrovert, when I'm talking to an introvert, they don't respond back when I ask a question. Or I might have to ask all the questions to keep a conversation going. This makes me assume that introverst don't want to be near me.

I think people are more interesting then they think they are. Also, when you say "having to lie about not knowing something" what do you mean? You also say that you're so observant that you don't know what to talk about, you can talk about being observant. That's something interesting in my opinion!

I hope this post isn't offensive or anything, this is just my opinion. I'm not hurting anyone, right?

I think that that is an interesting distinction...

If you're a female and an I, you are considered stuck up or snotty?

But if you're a male I you are considered scary or passive.

Reactions: Nixie
On my "quiet days" my extroverted mother-in-law blabs on like George Castanza's mother. She occasionally comes up for air and sees I am paying no mind to her, asks what is wrong and I don't answer ... so she answers her own question and carries on.

ugh
LET'S PLAY THE MARSHMALLOW GAME NOW!

I think perhaps what sucks the most for me about being introverted is my tendency to get lost inside my head. Often to the detriment of my relationships. Communication is not easy for me...I wish I was telepathic and could communicate in images and feelings. Words screw everything up for me so often.

Being intolerant of noise. (a.k.a. introverts)

pwesonally, I like being introverted. . I talk when I have something to say. . I listen . .a lot. . I love to listen to life. . being introverted allows the quiet I need to do what I love. .

When people think I'm ignoring them, mad at them, being rude or being a snob because of my quietness, or my frequent need to be alone.
When being around too many people, especially for a long time, can be draining/tiring and I just can't wait to get away.
When people point out how quiet I am, as if being quiet is such a bad thing.
How being the quiet one in a group of people can be uncomfortable a lot of times.

The only truly bad thing about being introverted is that society thinks you should be more extraverted. I mean, have you ever heard of an extraverted person who is encouraged to be more introverted?

The expectations suck. I have a hard time meeting those.
It also sucks that people think you're a snob and that you dislike them because you are quiet.
Being called a hermit and accused of 'hating people' is not fun.
/feels sorry for self now and does the sad-Charlie-Brown-walk out of thread.

Reactions: mochi