What parts of childhood innocence have you retained? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What parts of childhood innocence have you retained?

oh wow, these answers are great!

I think I've kept my capacity to share with most everyone, even when I get angry with others (particularly my family and neighbors) and feel like I ought not be sharing anything at all.

I still cloud gaze. When I was flying to and from NOLA, I was fortunate to have the window seat. I saw a couple of clouds that looked like teddy bears. And clouds have always reminded me of mother's mashed potatoes and I still <3 mashed potatoes.

I still like to paint and draw, and I love sidewalk chalk.

I have always read books over and over again, some I've read over 100 times (Nicodemus and the Rats of NIMH is an example). Books are like movies for me because I view what I read in my head like a film.

One of my faves... my little sister and I still stay up late into the night giggling and talking whenever we spend the night at my dad's.

I know I am definitely a Fe user, but not as much to the point of self-sacrifice like I did as a child. I still like to see everyone working and growing together

I have been called Pollyanna before...um..maybe recently...

I love to laugh
I still play silly games when I get the chance
I still color when I get the chance
I still daydream, probably too much

The first thing I kept thinking of for some reason were cartoons. Loney Tunes, Pink Panther, Smurfs, Ducktales, etc. I even watched them well past the "cool" phase of watching them when I was growing up - Jr high and high school.

For personality traits though, it's a hard one. One I know my wife can verify is my obliviousness to the the opposite sex. I thought we were "just friends" at first but she read more into that than I did!

Imagination - I like being given minimal information and being able to create the rest on my own.

Reactions: Diana
I think I have retained my imagination.
Playfulness.
My Wife has told me she likes the little Boy in me that comes out and shows his face now and then. He is still there beneath the mask of adulthood I am required to wear.

The first thing I kept thinking of for some reason were cartoons. Loney Tunes, Pink Panther, Smurfs, Ducktales, etc. I even watched them well past the "cool" phase of watching them when I was growing up - Jr high and high school.

I would watch them today if they happened to be on.
Probably not the Smurfs and Ducktales since they are after my time.
But, I used to watch Pee Wee's Playhouse, Pinky & the Brain when they were on and I was in my 30's. I thought it was good stuff.

For personality traits though, it's a hard one. One I know my wife can verify is my obliviousness to the the opposite sex. I thought we were "just friends" at first but she read more into that than I did!

Imagination - I like being given minimal information and being able to create the rest on my own.

:) I was thinking the same thing. Spider-Man, X-Men, Duck Tales and The Terrible Thunderlizards were my favorite cartoons. But my favorite of all time has to be The Power Rangers because the theme song sparked my love for music..especially Metal. I was and always will be the Black Ranger...Mastodon.

1 minute of 90's flashbacks. =]
[video=youtube;UkwQkUwnRYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkwQkUwnRYE[/video]

I would watch them today if they happened to be on.
Probably not the Smurfs and Ducktales since they are after my time.
But, I used to watch Pee Wee's Playhouse, Pinky & the Brain when they were on and I was in my 30's. I thought it was good stuff.

I want to second that. ^^

Personality traits - My curiosity, imagination, cloud/star gazing, playfulness, energy.

Best cartoon ever..
"kill the wabbit...kill the wabbit"

Best cartoon ever..
"kill the wabbit...kill the wabbit"

oh yeah, I forgot about that one^^. I also love Tom and Jerry and Coyote and Road runner.

It took awhile but...

my desire to trust. That has been very consistent.