What makes you feel truly free? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What makes you feel truly free?

When you are dead you are finally free from the influence of the bodys biological urges or sex, hunger, breathing, and survival instincts. Then you are finally free.

thankyou :) reminds me of a poem I once read from the mid 16th century, it was describing how knights killed in war shouldn't be mourned for, because in death they'll never feel fear again, they'll never be tormented by sickness, the worst pain had already been done to them.. it was asking the reader to celebrate their death, as it released them from the bondage of life.

not sure i completely agree with the sentiment though, since how can you really know that death is a release? maybe it's an even worse kind of prison.

When there are no voices inside or outside my head (metaphorically speaking) telling me what to do, how to think, how to be, how to act or not act, how i should respond, or what i need to do to please or follow someone or anyone.

In other words, i'm truly free when i don't have to compromise myself for anyone, and when no one expects me to.

thankyou :) reminds me of a poem I once read from the mid 16th century, it was describing how knights killed in war shouldn't be mourned for, because in death they'll never feel fear again, they'll never be tormented by sickness, the worst pain had already been done to them.. it was asking the reader to celebrate their death, as it released them from the bondage of life.

not sure i completely agree with the sentiment though, since how can you really know that death is a release? maybe it's an even worse kind of prison.

True. I dont completely agree with it either because I think the body is part of a person as a whole and I dont really believe in human spirits that exist separate from a body.

In many cases people probably are in a worse sort of a prison.

Long stretches of alone time with nothing that needs to be done.

Being playful.

Becoming aware of things that have come together in such a perfect way and without my conscious participation.

Reactions: Gaze
This really hits home with me too. I love travelling, but actually being somewhere takes away from its beauty. I think it's because the place I'm existing is most often in my mind and travelling is just another way to expand it.

I would say....having an ignore button to ignore threads that I don't like when I already have most of the forum on ignore and people keep placing threads in the wrong place.

I would advocate that having a ignore button on threads would make me feel as if I didn't have to see stupidity if I didn't want to.

That, sirrah, is what makes me feel free.

I would advocate that having a ignore button on threads . . .

That, sirrah, is what makes me feel free.

I have to agree. :)

Reactions: slant
I am most free when I am by myself doing something. I don't have to be in any kind of mode; im just me and myself having a small conversation with my inner self.

Running.

Nothing but water for as far as I can see.

Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwiches

Reactions: Grasshopper
Singing every song stuck in my head, when nobody is home, so i don't have to keep my voice down for anyone

Singing and Dancing like this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3HP03xWH0"]YouTube- ‪MIKUMIKUDANCE - LOVE & JOY‬‎[/ame]
(yeah, I can totally do that)

Also
Playing improv piano... or improv singing.

Swinging on a park swings

Singing for others

Laughing.... there are more.

not worrying. letting go.

Being alone in the woods.

I was literally picturing the same thing in my head! This plus being free of obligations, and emerging myself in the moment.

when my inner world is no longer in conflict with the outer one

Being able to choose between options that aren't all dead-ends. Also, I like it when my inner and outer self are able to coexist harmoniously. Kind of like what KazeCraven said about lacking a conflict between the two worlds.

Swimming in a lake or ocean when the waves are giant and crashing, and my mind is preoccupied with staying afloat and then diving under the next wave at a time interval. Not having time to think can be very freeing.

"not thinking" - quite freeing.

Being completely in the moment.