What makes someone appear interesting online? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What makes someone appear interesting online?

-Highly eccentric people
-flamboyant people but not necessarily rude or obnoxious.
-wittiness with actual substance to back it up

Extremely smart or kind people don't really interest that much. I guess I find it boring...that's terrible. I greatly admire smart and kind people and I aspire to be just that, but over the internet, I am usually not impressed or somewhat skeptical.

We will never be able to know someone from online interaction. We can only guess how one is in real life based on their posts.

Yeah okay, that's a given- you can really know someone online- but you can get close to them.

same things that make someone interesting offline. what they do, what they say, how they say it. style of language is pretty important, since you usually can't see their expression to confirm what they mean.

If we were talking "attractive", I'd say a degree of sentitivity. If someone is hurting and another can gently reach out to them....that is very cool. Even on-line it is meaningful....but I'm sure we all know that.

Kindness... empathy.... understanding give and take.

Edited sometime later on: Oh, and honesty - that's a big one! If someone tells me that they are a total jerk, and are neither kind or empathetic, and are extremely judgmental - I can accept it, because they're honest about it. Weird... yes. :D

Last edited:
I admit I'm often drawn to what avatars they choose

And secondly what topics they always seem to pop up in

a good headshot

I don't have a set of things that guarantee my interest. For example, I am generally drawn to witty and humorous people; but not everyone who is witty and humorous catches my interest, online or offline. I like people who are kind, insightful, and compassionate, but sometimes I find myself drawn to real jerks too. It's the "vibe" I get that makes the difference and I don't think I can exactly bottle that, because the set of ingredients isn't always the same.

So I suppose I just have to offer a vague answer and say that it really depends.