What makes someone appear interesting online? | INFJ Forum

What makes someone appear interesting online?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What quality or qualities make someone appear interesting or dare i say appealing online?

Please be specific. :m155:

Last edited:
Reactions: WellNoWonder
Lot's of things.

Nah, why would you want that? The idea of being close to someone online is that you get a sense that there really is a real person on the other side. The only way to feel that is to know them as much as you can.

Nah, why would you want that? The idea of being close to someone online is that you get a sense that there really is a real person on the other side. The only way to feel that is to know them as much as you can.

Exactly the point. Mystery adds a spice on the people you interact with. If they appear mysterious to me, I'd wonder why? What could be the reason behind their life that makes them be like that? and so on...

I usually don't find people online attractive. I can find them interesting, but that is different.

What quality or qualities make someone appear attractive or interesting online?

Please be specific. :m155:
Thought processes are somewhat parallel to mine.
umm...
displaying, rather being able to CONVEY complex emotional patterns..
rebellion.
dry sense of humor.
books a person mentions reading.
or i just get a general sense of wanting to hug the person and take on some of their emotion...

Exactly the point. Mystery adds a spice on the people you interact with. If they appear mysterious to me, I'd wonder why? What could be the reason behind their life that makes them be like that? and so on...

But mystery is a shallow thing. Once you know someone- and that's what we want, it is a redundant concept.

I usually don't find people online attractive. I can find them interesting, but that is different.

Yes. Maybe I'm confusing these two things: attractiveness and somone being interesting. Good point.

A good heart, enthusiasm for life and an ability to look on the bright side. A quirky sense of humour and way of seeing that inspires me to see things differently, for the better. Mostly, a good heart.

Ok, so i changed the title of the thread from "attractive" to "interesting." hope that's better.

Ok, so i changed the title of the thread from "attractive" to "interesting." hope that's better.

I get what you are saying. I am "attracted" to 2 people on this board. Not like sexual, but drawn to them. I don't think I have overtly said anything, and I'm sure they know anyway.

I get what you are saying. I am "attracted" to 2 people on this board. Not like sexual, but drawn to them. I don't think I have overtly said anything, and I'm sure they know anyway.

Really. interesting. :m155: *considers starting dating service online*

But mystery is a shallow thing. Once you know someone- and that's what we want, it is a redundant concept.

We will never be able to know someone from online interaction. We can only guess how one is in real life based on their posts.