What is your tritype? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

What is your tritype?

Psst.. watch.. see if it gels:

Mhm.. it does sound like u tho^^ that vid..

This sounds fitting too tho, tbh..

Yeah both of those fit...

There's definitely some 5 in there somewhere, and it's funny but my 5ness translated into something like 'power' in my last real workplace. When you legitimately know more about something than everybody else, and can quote chapter and verse, it becomes something that people have to tread around lightly - the bullshitters suddenly have to shut up or risk embarassment. And I did use it that way - assertively - against people who I was locked in a struggle with.

Their claims to authority evaporated in the face of the actual truth and pretty much all of them had leave the limelight eventually because their credibility had been shot to pieces. In enneagram terms this might be the interplay between 5 and 8, but in me it was driven by a sense of being the paragon - being incorruptible and 'perfect' almost, which are 1 traits.

Interesting, though.

There's definitely some 5 in there somewhere, and it's funny but my 5ness translated into something like 'power' in my last real workplace. When you legitimately know more about something than everybody else, and can quote chapter and verse, it becomes something that people have to tread around lightly - the bullshitters suddenly have to shut up or risk embarassment. And I did use it that way - assertively - against people who I was locked in a struggle with.

Their claims to authority evaporated in the face of the actual truth and pretty much all of them had leave the limelight eventually because their credibility had been shot to pieces. In enneagram terms this might be the interplay between 5 and 8, but in me it was driven by a sense of being the paragon - being incorruptible and 'perfect' almost, which are 1 traits.

Interesting, though.

154 is typically seen as quite withdrawn, which is the only reason why it doesn’t seem Iike the perfect fit. But I think it makes the most sense — if I read descriptions of 548 for me, they don’t quite fit either, but make the most sense in terms of what each type means.

Interesting, though.
Yes! I find enneagram, particularly tritype far more on point & in-depth than MBTI, tbh.

View attachment 54200

So the Oracle has decreed I'm a 2-8-6

The 2w3 was what I previously suspected my type to be, but recently I was getting 7w6... so this is an interesting turn of events.

Anyone got a good description for 2-8-6?

EDIT:

Tritype Profiles: The Rescuer
Fixes: 2, 6, 8 (in any order)

Shared Characteristic: Triple people-focus (active)

General Profile: This archetype is, for better or worse, always ready to be involved in the lives of others in a way that is oriented towards action and direction. They are usually opinionated, upstanding people who truly want the best for those they care about and will do anything in their power to make it happen, whether by advocating for them or pushing them to reach their potential. Unfortunately, these individuals tend to be high-strung and take rejections or questioning of their advice very personally. They may be falsely certain of what others need, and others may come to believe the Rescuer is trying to control them for their own convenience (which may or may not be true). They may lash out and even become bully-like in such instances, only furthering the other person’s conclusion that the Rescuer is manipulative and oppressive. The Rescuer ultimately needs to learn that, if they allow those around them to make their own mistakes without giving them grief, their advice will be sought-after rather than dreaded. They make good life coaches, teachers, ministers, financial advisors, and lawyers and are often fairly high achievers in their field of choice.

If Core 2: The most outspoken 2. While many 2s will withhold opinions for the sake of maintaining harmony, these 2s have a double-Reactive component operating in the background and are thus more willing to speak their minds even if it causes (necessary or unnecessary) controversy. They can often be dramatic in a way that can resemble type 4, but unlike the 4, they generally shy away from introspective pursuits. Their emotions can be unpredictable - showing appreciation for somebody one day only to become impatient with the person’s “failure” to live up to 268/286′s perception of their potential the next. Likeliest instinctual variant: so/sx

If Core 6: The most outgoing 6. They willingly invite others into their lives, saving the doubt and suspicion for later. They are very likely to voice their frustration with others’ irresponsible behavior. They are quick to find fault with nearly any decision, easily imagining the long-term consequences of even the most seemingly-innocuous action. They may even take the realization of those imagined consequences into their own hands for the sake of proving a point. Likeliest instinctual variant: sp/so

If Core 8: The most compassionate 8. While magnanimity is a characteristic of 8s, it is often most fully realized in this tritype, as they try to avoid selfishness even in their quest for power. Like some type 2s, they may fall into the trap of trying to love people before they learn to like them, resulting in unhealthy dynamics such as a parent-child script in what should be a friend-friend relationship. While they can speak their opinions as if they are laws set in stone, they are often less stubborn than they appear. Likeliest instinctual variant: so/sx

Likely MBTI: ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, INFJ, ENFP

Source: https://personalityprofilinghell.tumblr.com/post/134860641756/tritype-profiles-the-rescuer

Hmm. From the get-go, I like what it says and some of it fits, but I'm gonna have to do more research

Last edited:
View attachment 54200

So the Oracle has decreed I'm a 2-8-6

The 2w3 was what I previously suspected my type to be, but recently I was getting 7w6... so this is an interesting turn of events.

Anyone got a good description for 2-8-6?

EDIT:

Psst..

I am definitely 9-5-4 but I got 9-2-5 on the short test and now I am having an identity crisis
tumblr_o6pydf4Rym1vodgalo1_540.png

tumblr_ocor8eAlNi1vodgalo1_500.png

You know what? I think tritype is almost a completely different system to the straight Enneagram, or enneagram with wings, such that we shouldn't be too puzzled if they don't match up.

I'm looking at those tritype 'archetype mood boards' that people keep posting, and what I think I am (some combo of 1, 5 & 4) doesn't really seem to fit my character.

You know what? I think tritype is almost a completely different system to the straight Enneagram, or enneagram with wings, such that we shouldn't be too puzzled if they don't match up.

I'm looking at those tritype 'archetype mood boards' that people keep posting, and what I think I am (some combo of 1, 5 & 4) doesn't really seem to fit my character.
Told you so.. :grimacing:

I am definitely 9-5-4 but I got 9-2-5 on the short test and now I am having an identity crisis
tumblr_o6pydf4Rym1vodgalo1_540.png

tumblr_ocor8eAlNi1vodgalo1_500.png
954 seems more you.. esp. that mood board, haha. independent, insightful, and fair... yep, dat's wywy.

Hahaha!!!!! I guessed ur tritype last month!

You thought you were a 279 & I said no no 964 :sunglasses: Gather round childrens.. and I will guess your tritypes :mlight: hopefully. 0.0
I have taken that quiz a few times before and got 954.(fit a lot) Took the short quiz that one time and got 279 (fit a little) or something. That last couple of times I've taken the long quiz I've gotten 964. (fits the most from what little I know so far) toot!

My mood board.. I think it's cute but it's also confusing.. cake + two people making out + a ferris wheel? it's actually hella me :tearsofjoy:

tumblr_o4f50oGAWf1vodgalo1_r1_540.png.jpeg