What is your tritype? | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

What is your tritype?

Just the initial prejudice towards non-experts. I fancy to have broad knowledge, but I crave expertise in all those topics as well. Knowing that nobody is that perfect, that perfect knowledge is impossible to acheive in a lifetime, I allow imperfection and even value it. Thereby there is residual contempt towards those who claim the arrogance of expertise. Especially when they can still be proven wrong.
To not value someone's knowledge because their knowledge is imperfect is the same as not valuing them as a person, because their knowledge is a part of them.
Besides that, knowledge and intuition often compete, and I value intuition that isn't corrupted by knowledge. It can find flaws in knowledge, sometimes with more ease than a person with knowledge could.

It may be that you didn't mean it as it came across to me, therefore the judgement is just for the time being. Time will tell as I read more from you.

I am not sure I understand.

I mean, what is even knowledge? A lot of the time it's just a matter of opinions. Of course when we talk about specific expertise (medicine, engineering etc.), I can easily let the expert do their thing. I am not so arrogant to think I know better. I am also intellectually honest enough to admit defeat, in a sense if it's obvious that others know more than me about certain topics.

When we talk about opinions, I will defend mine if I think I am correct, but I am still open-minded to listen to others. Usually it's quite clear who is worth listening to and who is just saying nonsense. I can change my mind if others manage to persuade me.

I guess it was more about the thing I said about not valuing "collecting knowledge for its own sake". Well, for someone like my grandmother, who is already retired and there is not much more she can do in terms of career, collecting knowledge makes sense. It's a perfectly fine thing. But I still think that If I was in her position/age, I would prefer to go in depth rather than just collect unrelated facts. I feel like I need to do something with information, not just store it. And I hate it when she looks down on others who do not do the same, and she is always perplexed by how they are lacking in breadth of knowledge, like that is the most important thing. So yes, maybe my bitterness about that came trough.

I agree about intuition being stronger than pure knowledge in certain aspects, though. :grinning:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren and Ginny
@Ren type me like one of your Irish girls, I'm too lazy to take the test

I am not sure I understand.

I mean, what is even knowledge? A lot of the time it's just a matter of opinions. Of course when we talk about specific expertise (medicine, engineering etc.), I can easily let the expert do their thing. I am not so arrogant to think I know better. I am also intellectually honest enough to admit defeat, in a sense if it's obvious that others know more than me about certain topics.

When we talk about opinions, I will defend mine if I think I am correct, but I am still open-minded to listen to others. Usually it's quite clear who is worth listening to and who is just saying nonsense. I can change my mind if others manage to persuade me.

I guess it was more about the thing I said about not valuing "collecting knowledge for its own sake". Well, for someone like my grandmother, who is already retired and there is not much more she can do in terms of career, collecting knowledge makes sense. It's a perfectly fine thing. But I still think that If I was in her position/age, I would prefer to go in depth rather than just collect unrelated facts. I feel like I need to do something with information, not just store it. And I hate it when she looks down on others who do not do the same, and she is always perplexed by how they are lacking in breadth of knowledge, like that is the most important thing. So yes, maybe my bitterness about that came trough.

I agree about intuition being stronger than pure knowledge in certain aspects, though. :grinning:
Knoweldge for its own sake can still be pursued in depth. But I understand what you mean.

I guess the individual definition of knowledge plays a certain role in that too. I wouldn't call a random assembly of facts knowledge, for example. It's remembering. Knowledge is actually knowing something and also being responsible with the implications and consequences of that. In this form, it's likely possible to include instinct and intuition as subjects to knowledge as well, besides intellectual reason applied to a context of facts and concepts.

I didn't say that you were arrogant, but it's likely I blended my perception of you with how I interpreted the words and the judgement of said interpretation. I do distinguish between those, even if my ability to communicate this could be focussed on a little more.

Reactions: philostam
Knoweldge for its own sake can still be pursued in depth. But I understand what you mean.

I guess the individual definition of knowledge plays a certain role in that too. I wouldn't call a random assembly of facts knowledge, for example. It's remembering. Knowledge is actually knowing something and also being responsible with the implications and consequences of that. In this form, it's likely possible to include instinct and intuition as subjects to knowledge as well, besides intellectual reason applied to a context of facts and concepts.

I didn't say that you were arrogant, but it's likely I blended my perception of you with how I interpreted the words and the judgement of said interpretation. I do distinguish between those, even if my ability to communicate this could be focussed on a little more.

Yes, that's a good definition of knowledge. And I agree that intuitions can be part of knowledge. For example, a trained doctor will still need his intuition to diagnose, a trained architect will need intuition to design etc.

In fact, perhaps there is nothing that I would like to do more than just study 4-5 degrees in depth until I am dead and be paid for it. Be a student. It's hard, but fascinating. I do value knowledge in this sense. But unfortunately, this situation is not realistic.

A lot of it just depends on where are you in your life. If you are mid 20 like me, I feel that pragmatic and narrow focus is needed for my growth. But I can see myself when I am 60 to be a lot more open to different kinds on new ideas, exploration, fields of knowledge etc.

Reactions: Ren and Ginny
Yes, that's a good definition of knowledge. And I agree that intuitions can be part of knowledge. For example, a trained doctor will still need his intuition to diagnose, a trained architect will need intuition to design etc.

In fact, perhaps there is nothing that I would like to do more than just study 4-5 degrees in depth until I am dead and be paid for it. Be a student. It's hard, but fascinating. I do value knowledge in this sense. But unfortunately, this situation is not realistic.

A lot of it just depends on where are you in your life. If you are mid 20 like me, I feel that pragmatic and narrow focus is needed for my growth. But I can see myself when I am 60 to be a lot more open to different kinds on new ideas, exploration, fields of knowledge etc.
So am I. I'd love to get back to studying, free to pursue any knowledge I want, but it's not possible at the moment. Maybe in a year or two.

That's also why I think Marx was correct in some sense. Socio-economic structures have a defining impact on our individuality.

I feel like I have at least two (probably more) personalities. There is a practical Ti-Si of me that can do menial jobs and exclude everything else. I can be like a robot. When I am under the sway of that, I can be really rigid and exclusive.

But I also have a more romantic personality (that includes Ne and Fe) and be super engaged by art, explorations, debates, knowledge, people etc.

Then it simply depends on the outer circumstances as to which one is more pronounced.

But I am sure is like that for every single one of us. I didn't say anything particularly new here. :grinning:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
So in that case I would be 548, like Ren? :grinning:

I don't think so, 9 has to be part of my tritype. I don't identify with a tortured romantic genius at all. I like to be balanced and have peace of mind. And like I said previously, I almost never get angry or display any sort of aggression, either towards others or towards myself. Well, of course that's not true, everyone is aggressive in some ways. But my way is pretty hidden. Perhaps even trickster persona is a form of aggression, who knows.

My idea of life is quite simple. The more I think about it, the more I see that comfort is my ultimate desire. Simply being happy, content, surrounded with good people that I like and having time for my hobbies. And of course material comfort (money), which is crucial for all that.

So yeah, it is like 9 state is my ultimate goal, but 5 and 3 are the way to achieve it. Although being a 5 gives me pleasure in itself (thinking, learning etc.).

I don't think you're a tritype 548. We had a brief exchange about this previously but I don't really see the '8' in you. When there is 8 in someone's tritype, even if it's not core, you can often sense something subtly boiling under the surface and being ready to erupt, although it may in fact never happen. I don't really know how to describe it better — it's an intensity and 'inner combativeness' of sorts that is mostly latent, but can be felt, and as a result people rarely push those boundaries unless they've been told that it's okay to do so.

While it's true that your 4 is probably a tad stronger than you think, tritype 549 doesn't really suit you either, in my opinion. The 549 is perhaps the most contemplative of all the tritypes, and can easily come across a little 'passive' (in a good way). You're perhaps not assertive like someone who has 8 in their tritype, but you're certainly not passive either. You're quite happy to speak your mind and aim for maximal honestly, though I would suspect that a conflictual environment wouldn't be something you enjoy for very long. You're not very diplomatic, but again, we're only talking about 9 in the third slot and you're INTP, so that's fine. The fact that you describe yourself as rather chill and very peaceful is to me a big giveaway that 9 does feature in your tritype; but if so, 539 fits more than 549.

Sure, you might be in your 20s, but even in his 20s a 549 wouldn't be so focused on those social and material benefits as you are, I don't think. You seem to really enjoy creating the ground conditions for upward movement in quality of life, and to see many domains of life in rather instrumental terms. To me this suggests 539 over 549. I see that you've tentatively adopted it as your profile, so sure see if it fits over the next while ;)

Reactions: philostam
@Ren type me like one of your Irish girls, I'm too lazy to take the test

:tearsofjoy:

I'd say your enneatype is probably 5w4. I think the 5 is evident through your humour and highly detached vibe, but the 4 is also revealed by the fact that people know practically nothing about you; which to me indicates a protectiveness about your identity and sense of self. It's obvious that you know a great deal more than you let on, at least it can be seen in certain posts. But it's only occasionally that you do that and it can never really be predicted. This seems to showcase both the idiosyncrasy and the individualism of the 4, but as a wing to Core 5 rather than the reverse.

As for your tritype, honestly that's way harder to figure out because the further discrimination it provides can only be made on the basis of knowing a person a little bit more than I know you. Intuitively I would say 5 and 4 are in your tritype, and not 8; but that's about it for now.

Sure, you might be in your 20s, but even in his 20s a 549 wouldn't be so focused on those social and material benefits as you are, I don't think. You seem to really enjoy creating the ground conditions for upward movement in quality of life, and to see many domains of life in rather instrumental terms. To me this suggests 539 over 549. I see that you've tentatively adopted it as your profile, so sure see if it fits over the next while ;)

Yeah, this is probably affected by my good friend who is an INTJ with enneagram 315 (or maybe in different order), He is really incredibly focused and structured, and he achieved a lot in the past 3 years. I remember we used to talk (around 4-5 years ago) as two students with barely 500€ on our bank accounts, but he managed to save around 80.000€ now in 3 years, which is a lot for my country's standard where the average net monthly salary is, I don't know, 1200€.

So now I need to keep up pace with him. I like competing, while of course acknowledging that we are different personalities with different strengths. :grinning:

But yes, for me it is fascinating to see people who succeed before my eyes . Another ample is one half Austrian half Croatian guy Rene Marić. I used to interact a lot with him on twitter like 5 years ago. He was a soccer tactical blogger, and he made these incredible and detailed match analysis.,,Well, fast forward 5 years, and he is the assistant manager of currently top club in the Bundesliga (German 1st divison). A lot of the top clubs in the world (Arsenal specifically) are interested in him. In the month of december this year he made an experiment on twitter, where everyday he answers one question from randomly selected follower and donates 100€ to a worthy cause. For a whole month. He probably earns at least 20.000€ per month and it will be going only up. He is 27.

So yeah, success is fascinating for me. I think about it a lot. I like observing these kinds of people and figure out their mindset and what differentiates them from others.

Not to mention Luka Dončić. Grew in the same city as me and is arguably one of the top 5 players in NBA at the moment. In fact, his stats are the best in NBA's history for a 20 year old, better than Jordan's, Lebron's etc, But ok, he is a sportsman, so it's harder to identify with him or to copy him.

Last edited: