What is your tritype? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What is your tritype?

There was a time in my youth that I suffered severe anxiety though. I believe too, since getting older, practicing different grounding techniques and learning not to take life quite so seriously it has become better.

I'm happy to hear that with time and and grounding techniques things got better. I did notice that you list your type as INFJ-T. (I'm very much T myself).

In my mind you're always be a covert ENTJ Sandie. It's too late now :<3mintgreen:

My message mustn't have been clear. I meant that I noticed the T and assumed (perhaps through a leap in logic, actually) that it might imply anxiety. It does for me. I'm ridiculous on the F-T spectrum - like 85 percent T!
What causes you anxiety Ren?
Is it simply daily/life worries or something deeper?

I hear you about F-T. Did you read the blog blurb of mine about how I have a "Ti-Te" conversation with myself when I have a big decision to make? LOL I actually think a question in my mind, yet will answer outloud where I can hear (Se), carring on a conversation until I find an agreed conclusion, then act on it. Sounds like I'm a freak, but have had others tell me it's a sign of genius to have the ability to use both sides of the brain at once like that.:bigsmile: To me though, I think it's an INFJ thing and perhaps what makes us so rare is the ability to utilize all the cognitive functions ... then again, I don't seem to meet the moulded sterotype either ;) :<3purple:

One note here --- I take instincts into account

sp is usually a lot less intrinsically others-oriented than sx or so....and I think I am a sp-dominant. The sp version of 2 is usually portrayed a lot closer to wanting to be loved just for existing than actively winning a sense of worthiness (by helping and so forth). I think the typical 2 portrait is the so 2.
Similar for 3s.

That's what complicates the issue; I think given my core type is a lot of 5/6 mixture (lots of detaching to analyze and fear of doubt and not knowing), it might seem to point to 4w5>2 but ultimately, the key is are there heart type themes in my lonesome analyzing, or are they purely head type themes?

A heart type is seeking the significance of their life, so as to not feel alienated in the world (and a 4 feels the pangs of potential alienation strongest of the heart types -- their search for uniqueness is so they really feel there is something substantial in their self specifically). A 4w5 may be a lonesome analytical meaning-seeker as well, but it usually goes beyond not wanting to feel powerless.

That's where the complexity arises for me on whether I really have a 4 heart fix or not. I wonder if I don't have a simpler focus on providing warmth when it comes to heart issues.

Last edited:
NeFiTeSi :rainbowlove:

Oh, I see. So the rumor is true :rainbowlove:

A 4w5 may be a lonesome analytical meaning-seeker as well, but it usually goes beyond not wanting to feel powerless.

Yup, that's me. :relaxed:

Regarding sp, sx and so, I'm only at the stage where I'm beginning to understand a bit better what they mean.

Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram Tritype is: 2-9-5
and your likely Enneagram Tritype with wings is: 2w1-9w1-5w4

2-9-5.gif

Your overall type preference is:
type 2 (2w1) first,
type 9 (9w1) second,
and type 5 (5w4) third.

Your dominant body-based type is type 9 (9w1)
Your dominant heart-based type is type 2 (2w1)
Your dominant head-based type is type 5 (5w4)

This is the first time I've had 9 in there. Usually I'm in the realm of some combination of 1, 2, and 5, but honestly never strongly identified with 1 as a dominant type. This seems to fit more where results from different tests haven't.
:thinkinghard:

259, 295, 592, 529, 925, 952

Nicknames:
The Problem Solver
The Sanctuary
The Abbot
The Muted Nurturer

Life Purpose: Find information to understand/manage difficulties, to be a good Samaritan and help others find solutions

Blind Spot: Too focused on your helpful information, which causes you to miss opportunities that would allow true presence, too passive too much pride in giving to others and not needing them

Traits: Caring, knowledgeable, accepting, helpful, wise, peaceful, shy, gentle, reserved, focus on what is harmonious, need companionship, avoid loneliness by focusing on needs to others, inaction when overwhelmed. Because by 5-fix they rely on their experience to provide them with the rules which they can accomodate to, they expect a lot from the environment around them. Thus, this all combines to being incapable of admitting that they're environment has made a mistake (9-fix, it's uncomfortable to know that the thing you are relying on is unreliable. Or that it is impossible to accomodate to your environment, and thus be incapable of producing a "positive" image). For this reasons, 2-5-9s (and actually 2-9s really) have trouble admitting that there's something wrong with their environment, or have trouble blaming their environment for their issues. Logic mandates that if one is uncomfortable with where one is, one should run. And this might be exactly what a 2-9 may do. They may run from where they are to go to a place that they can more easily accomodate to. A problem may arise though when they can't really run from the truth. Running from the environment is in the end admitting that they can't accomodate to the rules of the environment. Thus, if this is something they aren't willing to accept, they may stay and try to learn more about their environment until it makes more coherent sense. In such a situation, as much as they'd like to flee, running is not an option.

Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram Tritype is: 2-9-5
and your likely Enneagram Tritype with wings is: 2w1-9w1-5w4

2-9-5.gif

Your overall type preference is:
type 2 (2w1) first,
type 9 (9w1) second,
and type 5 (5w4) third.

Your dominant body-based type is type 9 (9w1)
Your dominant heart-based type is type 2 (2w1)
Your dominant head-based type is type 5 (5w4)

This is the first time I've had 9 in there. Usually I'm in the realm of some combination of 1, 2, and 5, but honestly never strongly identified with 1 as a dominant type. This seems to fit more where results from different tests haven't.
:thinkinghard:

259, 295, 592, 529, 925, 952

Nicknames:
The Problem Solver
The Sanctuary
The Abbot
The Muted Nurturer

Life Purpose: Find information to understand/manage difficulties, to be a good Samaritan and help others find solutions

Blind Spot: Too focused on your helpful information, which causes you to miss opportunities that would allow true presence, too passive too much pride in giving to others and not needing them

Traits: Caring, knowledgeable, accepting, helpful, wise, peaceful, shy, gentle, reserved, focus on what is harmonious, need companionship, avoid loneliness by focusing on needs to others, inaction when overwhelmed. Because by 5-fix they rely on their experience to provide them with the rules which they can accomodate to, they expect a lot from the environment around them. Thus, this all combines to being incapable of admitting that they're environment has made a mistake (9-fix, it's uncomfortable to know that the thing you are relying on is unreliable. Or that it is impossible to accomodate to your environment, and thus be incapable of producing a "positive" image). For this reasons, 2-5-9s (and actually 2-9s really) have trouble admitting that there's something wrong with their environment, or have trouble blaming their environment for their issues. Logic mandates that if one is uncomfortable with where one is, one should run. And this might be exactly what a 2-9 may do. They may run from where they are to go to a place that they can more easily accomodate to. A problem may arise though when they can't really run from the truth. Running from the environment is in the end admitting that they can't accomodate to the rules of the environment. Thus, if this is something they aren't willing to accept, they may stay and try to learn more about their environment until it makes more coherent sense. In such a situation, as much as they'd like to flee, running is not an option.

Hi Freedom! :friendlywave:

It's cool that you took the test. How do you feel about the Traits in particular?

I'd say it doesn't sound too unlike you. ^^

Hi Freedom! :friendlywave:

It's cool that you took the test. How do you feel about the Traits in particular?

I'd say it doesn't sound too unlike you. ^^
The traits fit, but not like a glass slipper kind of fit, heh. I've read that these traits are often found in 2's, and especially amongst women with children. Prior to the adoption of my nephew I was in the realm of 451, and in the years following I noticed the subtle changes that became the norm, mainly 2w1 being my most common result. It's interesting to see life paths leaving a marked change in personality. :wink:

Oh, I see. So the rumor is true :rainbowlove:

wat rumor?:thinkinghard:

The result I got has some really hilarious names like Tortured Utopian, Masochistic Idealist and Passionate Judge :tearsofjoy:

I cant say how well overall I identify with the tritype, bc all I can find online is the same scant description rehashed but I'm 90% sure I have a 6 core.

The result I got has some really hilarious names like Tortured Utopian, Masochistic Idealist and Passionate Judge :tearsofjoy:

Nice! I got the nickname Ethereal Beast which is also to my liking.

I like these graphics I found

tumblr_oc0q7niFIx1vodgalo1_500.png

tumblr_o6pydf4Rym1vodgalo1_540.png

tumblr_o4yz43Iw7w1vodgalo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_o6in2o3Exg1vodgalo1_540.png

Wow, these are cool. Kinda makes me wish I were the Contemplative but that’s Wy’s domain ;)

The traits fit, but not like a glass slipper kind of fit, heh. I've read that these traits are often found in 2's, and especially amongst women with children. Prior to the adoption of my nephew I was in the realm of 451, and in the years following I noticed the subtle changes that became the norm, mainly 2w1 being my most common result. It's interesting to see life paths leaving a marked change in personality. :wink:

Indeed, from core 4 to core 2 sounds like a big change ;) I would have liked to meet young emo Free.

Last edited:
Indeed, from core 4 to core 2 sounds like a big change ;) I would have like to meet young emo Free.
Nah, she was boring af and always locked in her room blasting emo music and sketching emo pictures and reading too much. Glad to be out of the clouds. ;)

It does beg the question of did I choose my path because I was always a 2 at heart, or did I change as circumstance did?

tenor.gif

Wow, these are cool. Kinda makes me wish I were the Contemplative but that’s Wy’s domain ;)

You don't wanna be here, it's weird af :laughing:

I've done this before months ago, but I can't remember the results at all. But I just did two tests and I don't really understand what's going on and why they look so different. Halp! You guys understand this way more than me. I haven't researched it enough lol.

I'm going to read now, but since those results look so different, I'm skeptical. I answered everything as honestly as I could, and twice I was forced between two things that resonated deeply, but I had to pick the one that was ever so slightly more. IDK.

Attachments

• En1.png
    En1.png
    436 KB · Views: 5
  • En2Tri.png
    En2Tri.png
    450.6 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Wyote and Ren