What is your tritype? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What is your tritype?

@Ren if you find descriptions lemme know what you think sounds like me

I think you're more likely to be a 614 than a 612. I'll use a comparison of 'life purposes' — but that's just an example of a more general subtle difference that I could have identified in other parts of the descriptions as well.

Life purpose of the 612: "To find structured ways to be of assistance to others, happiest when you can help others achieve their goals, you need to be able to support others and will find those opportunities to feel fulfilled."

Life purpose of the 614: "To find truth and help others understand what has intrinsic value, to use intuition and wisdom to help others find meaning."

From what I've gathered, you are happy when you feel like you're approaching closer to the truth and helping other people in that process. But I get the sense that you would still prioritize your own quest and enjoy the fact that you can help others as a corollary of it (614), rather than prioritize helping others and enjoy the fact that you also happen to learn for yourself as a corollary (612). A subtle difference, but a real one in my opinion.

I think you could be a 549 (or a 594). If you break down the tritype with wings, you might be: 5w4 (or 5w6) 9w1 4w5.

I see something like that for you. There you can see a bit of the 1 as well appearing (in 9w1).

As for Type 5 and Ti: honestly it fits a lot of Ni-doms as well. A lot of INTJs and some INFJs are core 5s. You being a 5 would be no anomaly, especially in view of the fact that you use Ti a fair bit as well. :)

Very perceptive @Ren - just looked at the test results again and they were: 5W4, 4W5, 9W1

But oh those nicknames on the web site you linked us to …. mine is a choice of The Withdrawn, The Contemplation Pool, The Fetus, The Wilting Life. :lolol:
And what about The Ethereal Beast for one of your own nicknames.

Very perceptive @Ren - just looked at the test results again and they were: 5W4, 4W5, 9W1

But oh those nicknames on the web site you linked us to …. mine is a choice of The Withdrawn, The Contemplation Pool, The Fetus, The Wilting Life. :lolol:
And what about The Ethereal Beast for one of your own nicknames.

Haha. I'll add that line on my CV. "So what do you think makes you better than other candidates" - "I'm an ethereal beast among other things"

I think 529549528 is my actual tritype! :tearsofjoy:

*nonatype ;)

images

PS. @Pin's nonatype is 888888888.

BTW @Ren -- are there any non-61X tritypes that come to mind that seem to fit better or as well?

In general, I think my quest for truth is a matter of not feeling powerless and basic thrill/fun of understanding. I think I'd rather nobody is in pain/in need of help/that the truth-pursuit does not have a practical motive

Reactions: Free and Ren
@Lurk my tritype thinks yours is 666 which explains why we get along so well.

!!! Zomg get this....I once had a 666 house number....and also, when S dies.....remember? You're in a crate on an Australia-bound boat! I found out just as your kitten arrived home.

Take steps now to keep your kitten fresh and virginal for life.

Is this how conspiracy theorists think? It's like six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

!!! Zomg get this....I once had a 666 house number....and also, when S dies.....remember? You're in a crate on an Australia-bound boat! I found out just as your kitten arrived home.

Take steps now to keep your kitten fresh and virginal for life.

Is this how conspiracy theorists think? It's like six degrees of Kevin Bacon.
No one will get any of this but me. Proof I’m a real INFJ.

i took this test if anyun carez

i prefer ribeye but a steak's a steak

In all seriousness, most of the brief description below holds true for me (took @flower's test). I wouldn't label myself as "ethical" or "efficient", necessarily, but I'll take it.

The previous Enneagram tests never yielded the results this one did, though.

---

137, 173, 371, 317, 713, 731
Nicknames: The Systems Builder, The Designer, The Illustrative Scene-Builder, The Symphonic Architect

Life Purpose: To do what needs to be done and in a pleasant way, enjoy executing plans, enjoy life, meet goals/expectations

Blind Spot: Too focused on what others view as appropriate/positive/successful, miss seeing what is important to you, never feel like you're enough, driven by external success

Traits: Diligent, ambitious, innovative, ethical, efficient, upbeat, self-motivated to achieve goals in positive/effective way, want to look good doing your best, seek ways to measure your success

Last edited:
@Ren if you find descriptions lemme know what you think sounds like me

I looked into it a little bit and have found one possible alternative. However, I still think 614 is more likely.

694: The Seeker

Nicknames: The Seeker, The Lament, The Hesitant, The Second Guessing, The Spiritually Disappointed

Life Purpose: To raise questions about the mysteries of life, seek consensus, share this with others, to know who you are, to know what is important, to fully express yourself

Blind Spot: Too focused on insecurity/doubt, paralyzed by fear of making a mistake/doing something others won't agree with/feeling shame/being in emotional pain for having done so

Traits: Intuitive, inquisitive, accenting, original, peaceful, sensitive, self-doubting, uncertain, need multiple sources of confirmation, want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others, avoid confrontation. The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. The 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6's want reassurance, 4's want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive. The 4 leading is more concerned with the "Who am I" question and hopes to someday have that answered through constant introspection and referencing their own feelings. The 6 leading is less identity-focuse, and less reliance on needing to set themselves apart to resolve the philosophical dilemma. The 469 tritype has the three types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimately brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding. The 469 is very gentle unless threatened.They are very out of touch with their gut. The struggle is with doubt and inaction. This tritype has many self-confidence problems. They may often feel as though they need help from others, but that they are unable to get it. They fight between needing others and striving for seclusion. When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. Both 4's and 6's can be emotional. In terms of difficult behaviours: 6's identify a source to prove, 4's identify a source to impress. 469 becomes doubting and insecure. Their minds automatically scan for rejection, conflict, and inclusion/exclusion, whenever their focusing on themselves (ex. sharing their art). Whenever their self and esteem and worth is on the line, whenever they've made a personal effort to engage or simply self-express to others, they can feel basically like a wreck. However if attention is not on them, they feel fine, often one with nature, internalizing the world, being receptive and in touch with their inner self, entertaining themselves with their minds, desires, fantasies, etc. But they often feel pulled into the world. They can get passive and can let a lot of years go by spinning on the same ungroundedness, not really pushing themselves out there for fear of rejection and not being what they envision themselves to be.

I think there are traits of yours that I see in there. Not all, however - but I suppose these descriptions refer to archetypes in the same way that descriptions of MBTI types refer to archetypes (I don't recognize myself in all the archetypal INFJ traits).

By the way, the reason why I would tend to exclude 2 from your tritype (as your heart type) is based on a few things you've said in the past. "Long analytical rants", "I would rather live my life alone", and other more intuitive things I picked up in our exchanges - don't sound very 2.

Regarding the above, I guess the question is: can your gut type be 9w1 rather than 1w9? I reckon you don't think so, but I'll still put it out there. This is the only alternative I found to 614/612 as far as you are concerned.

Last edited:
@Ren --- did you mean 694 or 684? Your description was 684, though you labeled it 694 I think... so I'm just going to assume you meant 684 for now for sake of discussion, since ultimately you found the description sounded a bit like me.
I have had friends ask me if I could be 684 for sure; 8w9 or 1w9, basically. 684 is basically the blast-the-truth-in-your-face archetype. Definitely fits with my habit of debunking things

I find a gut type with a 9 wing fits me really well, because while I'm kind of a pain (especially the closer someone gets to me) in terms of never really agreeing to disagree on any issue, I also try to aggressively pursue mutual understanding/it's my replacement for the 'laying off' some of my 9ish friends wish I'd sometimes consider. I worry an extreme lot that I'm missing the other's point, particularly as sometimes I do despite all the agonizing (happens to all of us frequently). And I believe the best road to addressing conflict is forcing all parties to acknowledge where we really are (that includes forcing myself)

Now, am I more a 68 than a 61? yeah it's possible... the behavior of blasting dogmatic adherence to X or Y typology framework is a good example of how I give the vibe....the thing though is a 684 probably has a more straightforward blast the truth in your face vibe, a 614 is usually going to have a more agonizing, inner-critic, idealist/things must go as they ought vibe.
Personally I think I show a lot of the latter (referencing the agonizing above especially). I'm always agonizing over whether I'm wrong, being unfair, etc, mostly because I think the ability to deal reasonably with each other is really all we have to keep the sanity

As for being alone, generally my position is I love spending time with very extremely kindhearted souls; I'm usually pretty warm/huggable in those settings, actually

However, admittedly I can be detached and pretty much view anyone else as at best a source of intellectual discussion, and I have no problem remaining alone if I'm not particularly happy with others;

i took this test if anyun carez

i prefer ribeye but a steak's a steak

In all seriousness, most of the brief description below holds true for me (took @flower's test). I wouldn't label myself as "ethical" or "efficient", necessarily, but I'll take it.

The previous Enneagram tests never yielded the results this one did, though.

---

137, 173, 371, 317, 713, 731
Nicknames: The Systems Builder, The Designer, The Illustrative Scene-Builder, The Symphonic Architect

Life Purpose: To do what needs to be done and in a pleasant way, enjoy executing plans, enjoy life, meet goals/expectations

Blind Spot: Too focused on what others view as appropriate/positive/successful, miss seeing what is important to you, never feel like you're enough, driven by external success

Traits: Diligent, ambitious, innovative, ethical, efficient, upbeat, self-motivated to achieve goals in positive/effective way, want to look good doing your best, seek ways to measure your success
I care. Thank you for sharing. :blush:

I got 614 on a test

One mystery regarding your type resolved! MBTI remains...

EII
Tritype 469
The Seeker

469 Seeker Archetype

If you are 469, you are intuitive, inquisitive and accepting. You want to be original, certain and peaceful. You are a very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. the 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6s want reassurance, 4s want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive. The 4 leading is more concerned with the Who am I question and hopes to 'someday' have that answered through constant introspection and referencing their own feelings. I can only speak from my own lens and say that the 6 leading is less identity focused. Who Am I doesn't enter the picture like the 4, and less reliance on needing to set themselves apart to resolve the philosophical dilemma.

...the 6 will stereotypically give 469 some sort of orientation around associations to ease anxiety...469 will have more of a push-pull reaction pattern with authority in staving off inner anxiety.

The 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

The sx 469s want the security of that comes with a trusted relationship. Grief can feel overwhelming and many have shared feeling flooded. They also report that grief brings up fear.

Both the 469 and 269 tend to be passive. The 269 is more engraciating. The 469 is more aloof.

The 468 reacts and rings the alarm to prevent making a mistake to calm down and the 469 doubts and procrastinates to avoid making a mistake.... To calm down.

The 469 is very gentle unless threatened.They are very out of touch with their gut! The struggle is with doubt and inaction.

9s fear being in conflict. 479 vs 469. Look at the level of confidence and optimism. The 7 brings a light touch with magical thinking, hoping for the best. In contrast, the 6 brings support and loyalty. Both are highly intuitive but the 469 has more doubts - The 479 is more future oriented, focusing on the possibilities. The 469 is more dutiful with a heavier heart, fearing that they can't make enough of a difference.
‎469s report a fear of making ten wrong decision and then having feelings of painful self consciousness and shame for having done so.... But also for not making a decision.

If 6 is dominant in the 469 tritype, there are more obvious fears and concerns. However, 946 and 469 are equally troubled by insecurities.
All 3 types have a little paralysis through analysis. And all 3 hate conflict. ;)) The 469 experiences extreme self doubt and hesitates more than other 4s. It is a shy 4 but they do have their own opinions...they are just reluctant to voice them. The 649 has the greatest difficulty trusting their own thoughts and tends to seek multiple confirmations before making decisions. The 964 is plagued with indecision too and can look like a 6 but they are not as inclined to seek opinions from others. They just avoid the conflict hoping it will resolve itself.

The 469 is the most doubting tritype regardless which type is in charge. It is also the tritype that most struggles with a constant sense of self. They can also be somewhat passive. The only tritype more passive is the 269. The 269 is happier in presentation.

Regarding doubt for the 469: I think Katherine said that the 4 has self-doubt, the 6 doubts themselves and others and the 9 has the believer/doubter dichotomy.

the 649 (or 469 964) want peace harmony and gentleness. They are sensitive and doesn't know what to trust and in particular doesn't know what to trust in themselves. She stated that the 6 is more often than not phobic and needs multiple sources of confirmation and information. They don't feel they can rebound from emotional pain so they tend to avoid it through the questioning process and end up finding more questions.

469 is going to have more difficulty being separate from others. More shame and anxiety about being different. There would be more checking in with others.

(4)-6-9 - The Normative 4
4-(6)-9 - The Withdrawn 6
4-6-(9) - The Reactive 9

This tritype has many self-confidence problems. They may often feel as though they need help from others, but that they are unable to get it. They fight between needing others and striving for seclusion.

6-4-9
Accepting and intuitive, most emotional and passive, can think they are a 2 or a sexual subtype. Most doubting 6.

This will often explain why non 6s that are not self-preserving wonder why they run high anxiety. For example, the 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

946: Intuitive and inquisitive 9. Most inclined to hesitate and feel doubt and uncertainty. Most gentle, passive 9. High anxiety.

When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. This is most true of the 461 and then 468 and then the 469.

649 The Seeker. Accepting and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accommodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

Anxiety and worry increase with the 1 and doubt and uncertainty with the 9. Examine your motivations rather than your behaviors. This is especially difficult for the 6, but more so for the 649 as all 3 types tend to doubt as a defense strategy. This is the Tritype that is most reluctant to take a stand for their "own" opinion until they are angry. The 641 has all 3 types that fear making a mistake and being at risk for having done so. They tend to be more likely to show frustration and to correct and instruct others ( especially for the so 641).

your descriptions sound more like sp1 in the gut. As a sp6 you have a natural iine of connection to sp9. Research has shown that you move to your wings and lines of connection with the same dominant instinct running the show. When your sp6 moves to sp9 and sp3 it is momentary and adding to you sp6. When you shift in your tritype your sp6 shifts to the 1 for solutions and runs all permutations of the 1 driven by the needs and concerns of the self-pres. The confusion may be that sp1 worries much like a 6 but the focus is on improving. So your instinct may have made it more difficult to land on the 614. Take your time. The 694 is much more hidden and inhibited. The 641 is focused on the perfecting and refining...getting it right.

Both 4s and 6s can be emotional. The questions is what are you emotional about? In terms of difficult behaviors...
6s identify a source to prove
4s identify a source to impress
649 doubting, insecure

I'm 649 too...some days 469, and some 964
My mind automatically scans for rejection, conflict, and inclusion/exclusion, whenever I'm focusing on *me* (for example putting myself 'out there' with my music - which is my absolute heart and soul). Whenever my self and esteem and worth is on the line, whenever I've made a personal *effort* to engage or simply self-express to others, I'm basically a wreck.
However if attention is not on me, I'm fine...often one with nature, internalizing the world, being receptive and in touch with my inner self, entertaining myself with my mind, desires, fantasy...I can do that in my own privacy and on my own terms and I'm happy to not need others. But I'm too often pulled to find myself in the world (and show myself to it) to stay isolated for long. I can (and often do) get passive and can let a lot of years go by spinning on the same ungroundedness, not really pushing myself out there for fear of rejection and not being what I envision myself to be (wish to be). I have a lot of 'go along' energy that I fall back on when I need emotional and psychic rest.

I think my tritype is 469. It particularly plays itself out in the social realm via shame, feeling utterly different, feeling hunted when very insecure (with no real external evidence to back the feeling up) and then by succumbing to a desire to merge with the group by lying down and playing 'dead' like a puppy. The merging brings short-term relief until my need to express myself takes over. If I can't I feel sickened by my lack of authenticity, if I can I do which opens me up to feeling exposed and ashamed again so I withdraw to avoid feeling hunted.

The sx with 4 brings emotional intensity and a need for closeness with desired intimates...and, there is anger if intimacy is thwarted or denied. The 468 is impulsive and highly reactive... the focus is on immediate resolution. The 469 feels a great deal of doubt and in general is not as reactive. There is more of a tendency to hesitate, plan and prepare with more anxiety.

The 469 is more phobic than the 468.

The 649 ponders...thinks and rethinks. They are introspective like the 459...just more people oriented. Their shame is in making a mistake...they must get it right like the 461 but do not feel that they can easily say their opinion our loud due to a fear that they might make a mistake.
As 4 is dominant, in addition to seeing themselves as intuitive and deep with a need for beauty and aesthetics....The 479s see themselves as loving, innovative and gentle, the 468 as intense and iconoclastic and the 469 as thoughtful and introspective

Does this resonate with you, Sandie? Honestly I should be quite surprised if you didn't have 2 as your heart type. :)

Does this resonate with you, Sandie? Honestly I should be quite surprised if you didn't have 2 as your heart type. :)
Yes and no Ren.
I don't see myself as needy as the tritype suggests. There was a time in my youth that I suffered severe anxiety though. I believe too, since getting older, practicing different grounding techniques and learning not to take life quite so seriously it has become better.

I am definately a 2. (In numerology my heart path is a 3 ;)) I naturally lead with my heart, then head, then gut...learning to trust my gut instinct (intuition) has and will be a life long lesson. Second guessing myself comes just as naturally as lending my heart out.
Logic+Emotion=Wisdom :D