What is your tritype? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What is your tritype?

upload_2018-7-27_15-52-6.png

:thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard:

Took the test @flower linked in her post. Looks like I have to re-evaluate myself lolololol. Although I do identify immensely with the 459 aka, "The Contemplator" I have originally gotten 259 "The Problem Solver" in other instances, and identified strongly with some aspects of it as well.

I agree with @Asa when it comes to Enneagrams as whole really. Just some things I strongly identify with and some I do not. I take the concept with a grain of salt because I truly feel I am a combination of many things.

I feel like it's so hard to pin down a tritype because I almost feel like I relate to every single one, haha.. but it is based on fears, and my biggest fear is definitely being unlovable, so I feel I am a core 2.. I also really relate to 9 and 7. I absolutely HATE conflict and will go to ridiculous means to avoid it, even if it really needs to happen. So I think the closest tritype for me would be some combination of 2-9-7. I saw this description online somewhere and it really speaks to me:

"The 279 is a type you really love to have around. 279 employs a different method of handling each of their core negative emotions; The 2 must help others or be ashamed, The 7 resists fear with optimism, and the 9 refuses anger in favor of tolerance. Being the person to broker understanding between two parties is what makes the 279 feel fulfilled. But with such a blindly optimistic view on life, they can be prone to ignoring or resisting the kind of conflict that results in growth and change."

I'm not entirely sure whether I'm 146 or 164... 1w2 as my main, 4w5 then 6w7 which makes sense since I integrate as 7 when I'm at a healthy state of mind (please, I'm "fun")

• 146 - The Perfecter. Imaginative, creative, belligerent and melancholic. Perfectionists who can feel let down by an imperfect world, passionate and temperamental. 1w2, SX, SO. These Ones are quite imaginative, creative and a bit melancholic. They are extreme perfectionists and can easily feel discouraged and let down by the imperfect world around. They don’t easily trust others and tend to avoid society, but at the same time they crave being loved and belonging. They also have a bit of a temper so their anger can show especially when feeling misunderstood. They tend to support the underdog and they can have a passionate, belligerent streak to them. Imaginative, passionate, suspicious and sensitive
  • 164 - The Reactionary. Dutiful and faithful, but prone to anger and anxiety. Suspicious of those outside their group, traditionalists who may rebel when insecure. 1w2, SX, SO. Very dutiful and faithful but also prone to angry reactions and, rarely, depression bouts in isolation. This is a more anxious One that finds it harder to hide his anger and his concern with the loyalty and reliability of those around. Can experience strong like/dislike feelings about people and situations and is more suspicious and prejudiced towards newcomers and different groups. They are typically traditionalists, but will at times go against tradition in a rather rebellious way, especially when insecure. Faithful, anxious, discriminating and sometimes defiant

I relate to both but if we have to be specific then I'd go with 146.. took me a long while to figure this out

“In this search, the 259 can become paralyzed when overwhelmed and resort to taking no action rather than risk the wrong one.“

Sometimes I’m Chidi.
MQ9qAxW.gif

But...Chidi is clearly an INTP.

:thinkinghard:
Chidi Anagonye is an expert on morals, ethics and philosophy, but he’s in the bad place because of his indecisiveness.

PS I love Chidi.

@Ren I took the Tritype test in @flower 's link and it came out 549.

I took a different on-line test 3 months ago and it came out 5W4 - the match is encouraging.

I'm not all that fluent with the Enneagram. I was busy re-thinking my MBTI type over the last few months so I haven't really internalised what these results mean and compared them with the other Enneagram types. Reading the descriptions, my gut feel is that they are fairly accurate - a good mixture of :thumbsup: and :blushy:. One or two things don't sound right though - I do thoroughly hate being centre stage, but some of the descriptions sound a bit too withdrawn and lacking in assertion to be a complete match for me. I'm pretty well organised as well and that's another way I part company with them. But maybe that's just a problem with the way the descriptions are written on the web sites I looked at rather than the actual result - there is a lot of that problem on MBTI sites!

I'm in good company with this Tritype if it's right, though the sequences are different :smiley:

@Ren I've had a chance to read up a bit on this now, so some reactions .....

My gut feeling is that I'm scattered over several of the Enneagram types in a way that I'm not with MBTI. I think @Asa and @JennyDaniella have a similar perspective. I can't really identify closely with any of the types at first sight - there's quite a bit of me in 1 and 2 for example. 5 is not bad as my main type, but I work at heart on insight rather than analytical thought - I do find it's a bit disorientating trying to map both these into a single type category, and 5 is clearly very compatible with Ti. I'm not saying that's impossible - just that it's hard to get my head around it.

Where the 5-4-9 Tritype does seem to work quite well for me is in the dynamics: this is a bit of a caricature to illustrate how it can go when I'm too trigger happy, or too focused on an idea and not the people I'm talking to as well ...
I get lots of insights, but mainly I just keep them to myself.
Then something prompts me - say one of the community threads - and I put some effort into expressing what I've got and building on what's there ..... maybe fairly pure Ni with a bit of T to make it intelligible.
I might do something visual or poetic to amplify it, or I might put it into some kind of creative form from the first, and I might try a bit of humour.
Then a bit later I panic and go slightly grippy because I realise I've not thought how anyone else will react - have I said something that will upset them, or be misunderstood, or have I contradicted someone's strongly held views or beliefs.​

Sometimes it works the other way round, and I'm so intent on the people I'm talking to that it completely distorts my ideas, or at least the way I express them, and I get lost in all the perspectives.

When it works well, I'd say all three of these types come together into a single focus for me, and that's beautiful .....

But these are first impressions.

But @Lurk, your name displays Enneagram: 6,9 & 4. That's interesting! Which do you think is correct?

Just read both. Wow, it's true that it's not so easy when it comes to you. You seem to have traits of both.

Is there one towards which you think you lean more? And if 749, why?
Yes, as you've noticed, I seem to have traits of both.

The reason I cannot discern between types is probably because of
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can make people seem like fearful Sixes even when they aren’t. Trauma often leaves its victims attempting to protect themselves by anticipating worst-case scenarios with hyper vigilance and scanning, questioning perceived reality and mistrusting authority. All of these are characteristics of Sixes and it is easy and tempting to make a premature Enneagram diagnosis based on these qualities. Other PTSD symptoms include a tendency to numb or intellectualize emotions – characteristic qualities of Fives. PTSD also causes its victims to be literal and reduce complex situations into black and white judgments – similar to the way Ones manage information.
Source: http://www.insightforchange.com/Insight_For_Change/The_Enneagram_Field_Guide.html

But my enneagram type isn't stable anyway.
When I'm in an anxious state, such as right now(!), I actually type as 9-2-5. (9w8, 2w1, 5w6).

I have but one motivation right now: the overwhelming urge to flee. :coldsweat:

EII
Tritype 469
The Seeker

469 Seeker Archetype

If you are 469, you are intuitive, inquisitive and accepting. You want to be original, certain and peaceful. You are a very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others.

Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others. A true seeker, you are happiest when you feel you can answer the question of who you are.

You can be so focused on your feelings, insecurities and doubts that you can feel paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision and of being misled or duped.

The 469 is a seeker with a lot of self doubt. There is always more to learn when you are this tritype but the desire is to develop a philosophy. the 6 and 4 have the most self doubt along with the 9. The 4 doubts their feelings, the 6 their thoughts. 6s want reassurance, 4s want praise to offset their natural tendency to be shame sensitive. The 4 leading is more concerned with the Who am I question and hopes to 'someday' have that answered through constant introspection and referencing their own feelings. I can only speak from my own lens and say that the 6 leading is less identity focused. Who Am I doesn't enter the picture like the 4, and less reliance on needing to set themselves apart to resolve the philosophical dilemma.

...the 6 will stereotypically give 469 some sort of orientation around associations to ease anxiety...469 will have more of a push-pull reaction pattern with authority in staving off inner anxiety.

The 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

The sx 469s want the security of that comes with a trusted relationship. Grief can feel overwhelming and many have shared feeling flooded. They also report that grief brings up fear.

Both the 469 and 269 tend to be passive. The 269 is more engraciating. The 469 is more aloof.

The 468 reacts and rings the alarm to prevent making a mistake to calm down and the 469 doubts and procrastinates to avoid making a mistake.... To calm down.

The 469 is very gentle unless threatened.They are very out of touch with their gut! The struggle is with doubt and inaction.

9s fear being in conflict. 479 vs 469. Look at the level of confidence and optimism. The 7 brings a light touch with magical thinking, hoping for the best. In contrast, the 6 brings support and loyalty. Both are highly intuitive but the 469 has more doubts - The 479 is more future oriented, focusing on the possibilities. The 469 is more dutiful with a heavier heart, fearing that they can't make enough of a difference.
‎469s report a fear of making ten wrong decision and then having feelings of painful self consciousness and shame for having done so.... But also for not making a decision.

If 6 is dominant in the 469 tritype, there are more obvious fears and concerns. However, 946 and 469 are equally troubled by insecurities.
All 3 types have a little paralysis through analysis. And all 3 hate conflict. ;)) The 469 experiences extreme self doubt and hesitates more than other 4s. It is a shy 4 but they do have their own opinions...they are just reluctant to voice them. The 649 has the greatest difficulty trusting their own thoughts and tends to seek multiple confirmations before making decisions. The 964 is plagued with indecision too and can look like a 6 but they are not as inclined to seek opinions from others. They just avoid the conflict hoping it will resolve itself.

The 469 is the most doubting tritype regardless which type is in charge. It is also the tritype that most struggles with a constant sense of self. They can also be somewhat passive. The only tritype more passive is the 269. The 269 is happier in presentation.

Regarding doubt for the 469: I think Katherine said that the 4 has self-doubt, the 6 doubts themselves and others and the 9 has the believer/doubter dichotomy.

the 649 (or 469 964) want peace harmony and gentleness. They are sensitive and doesn't know what to trust and in particular doesn't know what to trust in themselves. She stated that the 6 is more often than not phobic and needs multiple sources of confirmation and information. They don't feel they can rebound from emotional pain so they tend to avoid it through the questioning process and end up finding more questions.

469 is going to have more difficulty being separate from others. More shame and anxiety about being different. There would be more checking in with others.

(4)-6-9 - The Normative 4
4-(6)-9 - The Withdrawn 6
4-6-(9) - The Reactive 9

This tritype has many self-confidence problems. They may often feel as though they need help from others, but that they are unable to get it. They fight between needing others and striving for seclusion.

6-4-9
Accepting and intuitive, most emotional and passive, can think they are a 2 or a sexual subtype. Most doubting 6.

This will often explain why non 6s that are not self-preserving wonder why they run high anxiety. For example, the 9 or 4 with the 469 tritype has the 3 types that feel doubt. Doubt breeds insecurity which increases anxiety. The gift of this tritype is the ability to search for meaning. What begins as doubt ultimates brings a great deal of knowledge that can lead to greater understanding.

946: Intuitive and inquisitive 9. Most inclined to hesitate and feel doubt and uncertainty. Most gentle, passive 9. High anxiety.

When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. This is most true of the 461 and then 468 and then the 469.

649 The Seeker. Accepting and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accommodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

Anxiety and worry increase with the 1 and doubt and uncertainty with the 9. Examine your motivations rather than your behaviors. This is especially difficult for the 6, but more so for the 649 as all 3 types tend to doubt as a defense strategy. This is the Tritype that is most reluctant to take a stand for their "own" opinion until they are angry. The 641 has all 3 types that fear making a mistake and being at risk for having done so. They tend to be more likely to show frustration and to correct and instruct others ( especially for the so 641).

your descriptions sound more like sp1 in the gut. As a sp6 you have a natural iine of connection to sp9. Research has shown that you move to your wings and lines of connection with the same dominant instinct running the show. When your sp6 moves to sp9 and sp3 it is momentary and adding to you sp6. When you shift in your tritype your sp6 shifts to the 1 for solutions and runs all permutations of the 1 driven by the needs and concerns of the self-pres. The confusion may be that sp1 worries much like a 6 but the focus is on improving. So your instinct may have made it more difficult to land on the 614. Take your time. The 694 is much more hidden and inhibited. The 641 is focused on the perfecting and refining...getting it right.

Both 4s and 6s can be emotional. The questions is what are you emotional about? In terms of difficult behaviors...
6s identify a source to prove
4s identify a source to impress
649 doubting, insecure

I'm 649 too...some days 469, and some 964
My mind automatically scans for rejection, conflict, and inclusion/exclusion, whenever I'm focusing on *me* (for example putting myself 'out there' with my music - which is my absolute heart and soul). Whenever my self and esteem and worth is on the line, whenever I've made a personal *effort* to engage or simply self-express to others, I'm basically a wreck.
However if attention is not on me, I'm fine...often one with nature, internalizing the world, being receptive and in touch with my inner self, entertaining myself with my mind, desires, fantasy...I can do that in my own privacy and on my own terms and I'm happy to not need others. But I'm too often pulled to find myself in the world (and show myself to it) to stay isolated for long. I can (and often do) get passive and can let a lot of years go by spinning on the same ungroundedness, not really pushing myself out there for fear of rejection and not being what I envision myself to be (wish to be). I have a lot of 'go along' energy that I fall back on when I need emotional and psychic rest.

I think my tritype is 469. It particularly plays itself out in the social realm via shame, feeling utterly different, feeling hunted when very insecure (with no real external evidence to back the feeling up) and then by succumbing to a desire to merge with the group by lying down and playing 'dead' like a puppy. The merging brings short-term relief until my need to express myself takes over. If I can't I feel sickened by my lack of authenticity, if I can I do which opens me up to feeling exposed and ashamed again so I withdraw to avoid feeling hunted.

The sx with 4 brings emotional intensity and a need for closeness with desired intimates...and, there is anger if intimacy is thwarted or denied. The 468 is impulsive and highly reactive... the focus is on immediate resolution. The 469 feels a great deal of doubt and in general is not as reactive. There is more of a tendency to hesitate, plan and prepare with more anxiety.

The 469 is more phobic than the 468.

The 649 ponders...thinks and rethinks. They are introspective like the 459...just more people oriented. Their shame is in making a mistake...they must get it right like the 461 but do not feel that they can easily say their opinion our loud due to a fear that they might make a mistake.
As 4 is dominant, in addition to seeing themselves as intuitive and deep with a need for beauty and aesthetics....The 479s see themselves as loving, innovative and gentle, the 468 as intense and iconoclastic and the 469 as thoughtful and introspective

This is getting more confusing by the second. You're a clear type 2, but that type doesn't even show up in your tritype? :neutral:
What can I say Lady J, Imma anomaly:p
giphy.gif

Perhaps I should retake the test. I know the last enneagram test I took gave some weird results...2w1, 2w3 then 8w9. I'll see if I can find them. I saved them in BFE thread.
Maybe I'm an ENTP after all, lol....

@Ren I've had a chance to read up a bit on this now, so some reactions .....

My gut feeling is that I'm scattered over several of the Enneagram types in a way that I'm not with MBTI. I think @Asa and @JennyDaniella have a similar perspective. I can't really identify closely with any of the types at first sight - there's quite a bit of me in 1 and 2 for example. 5 is not bad as my main type, but I work at heart on insight rather than analytical thought - I do find it's a bit disorientating trying to map both these into a single type category, and 5 is clearly very compatible with Ti. I'm not saying that's impossible - just that it's hard to get my head around it.

Where the 5-4-9 Tritype does seem to work quite well for me is in the dynamics: this is a bit of a caricature to illustrate how it can go when I'm too trigger happy, or too focused on an idea and not the people I'm talking to as well ...
I get lots of insights, but mainly I just keep them to myself.
Then something prompts me - say one of the community threads - and I put some effort into expressing what I've got and building on what's there ..... maybe fairly pure Ni with a bit of T to make it intelligible.
I might do something visual or poetic to amplify it, or I might put it into some kind of creative form from the first, and I might try a bit of humour.
Then a bit later I panic and go slightly grippy because I realise I've not thought how anyone else will react - have I said something that will upset them, or be misunderstood, or have I contradicted someone's strongly held views or beliefs.​

Sometimes it works the other way round, and I'm so intent on the people I'm talking to that it completely distorts my ideas, or at least the way I express them, and I get lost in all the perspectives.

When it works well, I'd say all three of these types come together into a single focus for me, and that's beautiful .....

But these are first impressions.

I think you could be a 549 (or a 594). If you break down the tritype with wings, you might be: 5w4 (or 5w6) 9w1 4w5.

I see something like that for you. There you can see a bit of the 1 as well appearing (in 9w1).

As for Type 5 and Ti: honestly it fits a lot of Ni-doms as well. A lot of INTJs and some INFJs are core 5s. You being a 5 would be no anomaly, especially in view of the fact that you use Ti a fair bit as well. :)

What can I say Lady J, Imma anomaly:p
giphy.gif

Perhaps I should retake the test. I know the last enneagram test I took gave some weird results...2w1, 2w3 then 8w9. I'll see if I can find them. I saved them in BFE thread.
Maybe I'm an ENTP after all, lol....
@Lady Jolanda I found it!
In light of my results of 469/649/946.The Seeker" on the enneagram TriType test, I went back and took the standard enneagram and Ecclectic Energies test. My past result has been 4w5. Seems this does not ring true at the moment as I have tested now as a 2w1 normative and 2w3 energistic with a social instinctual subtype.

One concern I have is: Are my results true of my nature or are they a reaction to my self-work and learning to improve some of my weaknesses I had found through research to find my TrueSelf?

The enneagram results run similar to my typing as an ENFP the other day. Have I "outgrown" my INFJ 4w5 and evolved into a new way of being or is it mearly a new way of relating to life's events currently? If so, that I truly have morphed from the safety of my INFJ cocoon as an ENFP butterfly, I need to investigate more into the workings of the energies which drive this new me.

https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/evaltest.php

Results from 'standard' enneagram test
Type 2 - 10.7
Type 5 - 9.4
Type 9 - 9
Type 6 - 8.4
Type 4 - 8
Type 8 - 7.4
Type 7 - 6.4
Type 1 - 6.4
Type 3 - 4.7

Wing 2w1 - 13.9
Wing 5w6 - 13.6 (and WTH is this?)
Wing 5w4 - 13.4
Wing 2w3 - 13.1
Wing 6w5 - 13.1
Wing 9w8 - 12.7
Wing 4w5 - 12.7
Wing 9w1 - 12.2
Wing 8w9 - 11.9
Wing 1w2 - 11.8
Wing 6w7 - 11.6
Wing 1w9 - 10.9
Wing 8w7 - 10.6
Wing 7w6 - 10.6
Wing 4w3 - 10.4
Wing 3w2 - 10.1
Wing 7w8 - 10.1
Wing 3w4 - 8.7

Results from "Instinctual subtyping"
Type 2w3

T2--the Helper
W3--the Achiever

I really don't know mine. I feel like all of the enneagrams are present somehow. I guess 2,4,5,9 more than 1,3,6,7,8. I think 6 fits me the least. 529 maybe?

529 seems to be fairly common among INFJs, as attested by this very forum :)

You can have a look at the various tritype descriptions at this address: http://enneagramsubtypes.weebly.com/descriptions.html

View attachment 43687

:thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard::thinkinghard:

Took the test @flower linked in her post. Looks like I have to re-evaluate myself lolololol. Although I do identify immensely with the 459 aka, "The Contemplator" I have originally gotten 259 "The Problem Solver" in other instances, and identified strongly with some aspects of it as well.

I agree with @Asa when it comes to Enneagrams as whole really. Just some things I strongly identify with and some I do not. I take the concept with a grain of salt because I truly feel I am a combination of many things.

Interesting results. Where the 2 gone? haha. Apparently the Contemplative is very withdrawn - more than you seem to be (to me). But who knows ;)

View attachment 43695 @Ren

Uncanny. Yes, both of us, probably.

Thank God aggression is finally recognized! I'm so sick of hearing that INTPs are mild, calm "absent-minded professor" types. Bullshit.

Yeah, the aggressive/impulsive "moments" are also what made me identify with that tritype, among other things.