What is the secret to falling out of love? | INFJ Forum

What is the secret to falling out of love?

Time, lots and LOTS of it... But then, a profile I read says that ENTPs rarely, if ever, fall out of love... Sucks, big time.

Sorry big fella, can't help ya.

Never falling in love to begin with.

yup, consider my response in that thread... I only need to be attracted, have things in common, and like their personality. I fall in love easy, and never really fall out.

yup, consider my response in that thread... I only need to be attracted, have things in common, and like their personality. I fall in love easy, and never really fall out.
I think it's gods curse on ENTPs for being so perfect in every other aspect of our lives, that we fall in love easy, and never fall out.

It takes so much for me to fall in love with someone... So much so that I've never actually been in love, I've been infatuated, but never truly loved someone.

AddEmoticons126164.gif

You guys all suck!

I'm attaching a disclaimer to my other thread.

uh... time is the best answer...

Otherwise, getting infatuated with someone else (not necessarily a good option, and you cannot choose that sort of thing either)... Getting really involved in a new project, changing setting, I don't know.

You don't really control those things. Life would be so damn annoying if you did (simpler too, granted).

I wish I knew. :p

It takes so much for me to fall in love with someone... So much so that I've never actually been in love, I've been infatuated, but never truly loved someone.

I have a similar view with silent; i've been infatuated but never really love.

Most of the time they're just not interesting enough to keep my attention; usually because they lack enough depth in charater to respect let alone have fun with and/or trust. When it comes to talking the talk most are as lost as a dodo bird in hell. I figure that its because they really never think much about themselves and why they make their choices; therfore nothing to talk about when it gets real.

How to NOT fall in Love? Uh, well you just "control" your Feelings until you are more sure about the Relationship. Check out Everything, ask the right Questions, go thru Future-Scenarios together and when it's all fine let the Feelings happen. But not sooner. Will save your Butt quite a few Times. = /

Oh and in Case you already ARE in Love and want to get out of it: Distraction. Distraction and Space will make the Feelings go down.

Shoooot. If it were easy to fall out of love, everyone would do it. I think once you form a true bond with someone it's extremely difficult to break clean. Some personalities are far easier at it than others, of course. But it's difficult for feelers. It's harder for introverts. And (IMO) it's damn near impossible for INFs to break that bond without repercussions (read: PAIN).

I think because it takes INFJs so long to fall in love and because we have to trust the person implicitly (soul, body, mind, and spirit), tearing us apart from someone we've bonded to is like trying to tear apart a Velcro patch without making a sound.

You...just can't.

But then, I'm talking about my own experiences. :p You get over it and on with your life of course, and it's easier when it's not your BFF OMG Very FURST lurve FOREVAH, but it takes a lot of time. And personally, I wouldn't do it without someone 'round to help you process it. Like a therapist.

Lots and Lots of crying ...

but yet one more thing that Shai and I have in common (*cringe*) is that I too never really fall out of love ...

:m032:

Last edited:
Time, crying, journaling, time, crying, journaling...(repeat as many times as needed)

...and distractions that bring you joy and laughter.

I'm not friends with any of my ex's, but still think fondly of some...and feel sorrow for them, too.

Time, crying, journaling, time, crying, journaling...(repeat as many times as needed)

...and distractions that bring you joy and laughter.

I'm not friends with any of my ex's, but still think fondly of some...and feel sorrow for them, too.

+1

Except for they whole crying part. I don't cry often. And when I do, its usually done very quietly and very privately.

How to NOT fall in Love? Uh, well you just "control" your Feelings until you are more sure about the Relationship. .

...Easier said then done!!! Then again... You are an INTJ :tongue1:

---

I have never actaully been in love with someone so I don't really know. The olny thing I could think of that would work is a long period of time and distractions.

Time and cutting off all contact were what worked for me. Also it helps to remind yourself of all the things that he or she said or did that annoyed or angered you.