What do you think about jesus | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

What do you think about jesus

He was a great man, who lived an inspiring life. I think we should all aspire to be like him. Too bad many within the Christian religion and outside of it don't. I do believe in God, I'm uncertain on how close Jesus would be to that though.

Jesus loved all and lived a non judgmental life. That I admire.

Reactions: VH and barbad0s
You got that tight. He fulfilled all of the Old Testament prophecies and mathematically would be impossible by pure chance. He is coming again and very well may be our lifetime...

Reactions: middle1
<3 <3 <3

He's the man.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Strange how the number of pharisees has risen over the years, despite how much he taught against their behaviour. Human nature I suppose.

I hold him in regard with the greatest respect and love.

Unlike most of us, he fully lived humanity.

Unlike any of us, he fully lived divinity.

100% man and 100% God. One person with no 50/50's.

Reactions: jyrffw54
[video=youtube;7J54s1FSwLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J54s1FSwLU&amp;feature=player_detailpage[/video]

He was a great man, who lived an inspiring life. I think we should all aspire to be like him. Too bad many within the Christian religion and outside of it don't. I do believe in God, I'm uncertain on how close Jesus would be to that though.

Jesus loved all and lived a non judgmental life. That I admire.

Matthew 16:1-4
[SUP]1[/SUP] The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.
[SUP]2[/SUP] He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ [SUP]3[/SUP] and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. [SUP]4[/SUP] A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away.

I think Jesus almost definitely existed - in fact I have a feeling this is proven. My view of him as an atheist is that he was a powerful, charismatic and well-intentioned leader. I haven't read the bible all the way through but it seems to be that he was on the right side! A friend of mine is a Christian who does quite a lot of bible study and theological discussion at her church. She explained to me that Son of God can be interpreted in Hebrew as Son of Man, which means king, which is the more likely reason for him being executed - as a potential usurper of the throne. This sounds pretty accurate to me, but while he may not have been trying to lead the country (become king) he certainly was political. His philosophy was a philanthropic revolution against the social splits in society - he was a left-wing political revolutionist and a spiritual leader. I would say it seems fair that his name has gone down the centuries as it has, because he appears to me to have been a courageous force for good.

it seems fair that his name has gone down the centuries as it has, because he appears to me to have been a courageous force for good.
I think that is a very good point. I am frequently reminded how glad I am we have the Gospels and other early Christian literature. In spite of the fact that were not written as "hard" history and eminated from verbal narratives/sources, the overall body does contain a great deal of historical value and factual content....nevermind the thought of how far Christianity might have steered off course without the picture of Jesus that is presented. No matter how crazy religion, or egos, or temporal/political power gets, one cannot get past the fact that Jesus taught love, foregiveness, compassion and a "kingdom" based on these. This is an unshakable anchor and no matter how far one strays from these values, this reality is virtually inescapable and perpetually formative. Without these "witnesses," no telling how crazy things might have gotten over time.

I think Jesus almost definitely existed - in fact I have a feeling this is proven. My view of him as an atheist is that he was a powerful, charismatic and well-intentioned leader. I haven't read the bible all the way through but it seems to be that he was on the right side! A friend of mine is a Christian who does quite a lot of bible study and theological discussion at her church. She explained to me that Son of God can be interpreted in Hebrew as Son of Man, which means king, which is the more likely reason for him being executed - as a potential usurper of the throne. This sounds pretty accurate to me, but while he may not have been trying to lead the country (become king) he certainly was political. His philosophy was a philanthropic revolution against the social splits in society - he was a left-wing political revolutionist and a spiritual leader. I would say it seems fair that his name has gone down the centuries as it has, because he appears to me to have been a courageous force for good.

I'd like to point out that your incorrect in your statements. Son of God shouldn't be interpreted son of Man because they both have very distinct and separate meanings. Son of God would attribute kingly status of David to Jesus, which is of a human nature. However, the Son of man is a reference to Daniel 7 Which denotes the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of God, which is of a divine nature.

Also Jesus had no care for the politics of Rome, made evident by his his response to the question of whether or not the Jews should pay taxes to Rome.

He was also far from left wing, if anything he'd be a middle road conservative. The political groups he spoke against in the gospels are where conservative, liberal and militant, they being the Pharisees, Sadducees and The Zealots respectively.

You don't have to take my word for it, reading through any of the Gospels should make this clear.

I'd like to point out that your incorrect in your statements. Son of God shouldn't be interpreted son of Man because they both have very distinct and separate meanings. Son of God would attribute kingly status of David to Jesus, which is of a human nature. However, the Son of man is a reference to Daniel 7 Which denotes the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of God, which is of a divine nature.

Also Jesus had no care for the politics of Rome, made evident by his his response to the question of whether or not the Jews should pay taxes to Rome.

He was also far from left wing, if anything he'd be a middle road conservative. The political groups he spoke against in the gospels are where conservative, liberal and militant, they being the Pharisees, Sadducees and The Zealots respectively.

You don't have to take my word for it, reading through any of the Gospels should make this clear.

Ah right. I was just going off something someone had told me.

I think the reason I saw him as political was because the tiny bits I know that are famous seem to be about equality - the only reason I said left-wing was because I was thinking of him wanting people to help the poor and sacrifice their riches to ensure the poor are looked after. Or thats the impression I got.

But I've never been religious so I'm only going off the selected information I've heard from others and they will be picking up the bits they like anyway. :)

Well I recant one part, he was a political figure, just not intentionally. But either way, the more you know.

Please stop assuming that Jesus supports, would have, or has the views of either political party.

Doing so implies that political parties are anything but distractions to make the masses think they have any say in how the powers that be are going to do things. He would have seen through a corrupt two party system, pointed it out, and got in a lot of trouble over it. Oh wait. He did.

It seems Jesus' presentation of the Kingdom of Heaven completely overshot most of the political wranglings/expectations of his day. This confounded lots of folks...some looking for liberation from Rome, some looking for yet another sign, some looking for spiritual status. He was just on a whole other level. I can see how this might happen since He doesn't seem to do things quite the way we think he should even today. We have much to learn from this Good Shepherd.

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I believe Westerners are more likely to be dismissive of Christianity because it's both mainstream and believing in it is not punishable. Since you mentioned the horrible plight of the Coptics and Christian Sudanese, I would also like to bring to light the plight of the Assyrians in the Middle East, the descendants of the ancient Assyrians/Babylonians, who were among the first to convert to Christianity. They have been subject to massacres and a genocide, and are still facing murder at the hands of Islamic extremists to this day. In fact, today (Aug. 7) is Assyrian Martyr's Day, which honors the 3,000 Assyrians killed for their faith in the Simele Massacre of 1933. Sadly, these massacres aren't limited to the last century.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/01/baghdad-church-siege-ends_n_776827.html
Christianity is so easy to mock in America, where there is a plethora of churches, where the beautiful concept of freedom of religion holds true. But for many, Christianity is not just a religion, and it's not there just to pass the time. The doctrines are better understood by the meek and oppressed, who cannot flaunt their convictions.

To answer the Jesus question: I'm struggling with spirituality (I don't think anyone can say he/she does not, because faith needs doubt to work), but His teachings mean more to me than those of any other religious figure. I love Jesus Christ, and believe He is more than a historical figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: randomsomeone
Jesus asks us to question him, and his deity. He said, (paraphrasing) I know what everyone else is saying about me. But who do you say that I am?

It's easy to say Jesus is this or that, and he should be doing this/doing that and he should've done this/that. It's much more difficult to get quiet and explore who he truly was and what he truly did. If he is simply a historical figure, then he was a mad one; he had the audacity to challenge Rome itself and declare himself both God and king. But he was also kind enough to care for anyone and everyone who asked for his help. Politics aside, our own anger aside, our own ideas aside...in the end, he was the only one who cared and understood when no one else did.

Now, for me, I believe in His divinity. I call Him God, King, and Savior. I have seen too much, been through too much, and experienced too much to deny Him or His deity. And that's pretty much all I can say on that issue. He is my God. Personal Jesus, indeed.

Reactions: randomsomeone
I've been a Christian my whole life, so I love Jesus and I am 100% faithful in him. He's made my life amazing and saved a lot of people that I know from themselves and the devil.

He is absolutely real. Yes, he is god in human form, but is regarded as god's son. He's part of god's three forms: the lord, the son, and the holy spirit. I understand his concepts quite well, but you can never know too much. ^ ^

I understand his concepts quite well, but you can never know too much.
This is an excellent point. I continually am amazed by the depth of Jesus' teaching and the cosmic implications of the same. For me, this comes to light especially via critical studies of Biblical literature/history as well as the varied Christian contemplative and mystical traditions. I will not pretend this stuff is easy to come across, or sort through (it can be quite challenging), but when one does the magnitude of it all is absolutely mind-numbing and supremely relevant.

Jesus was awesome, and unfortunately very few Christians are anything like him.
And He is still awesome and very much alive, and I completely agree with you! When He called some of us, it is up to us to seek Him further and on deeper level every day :)

Reactions: VH