What do you think about jesus | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What do you think about jesus

I think the concept of a man laying down his life for the salvation of humanity out of pure love is beautiful. Unfortunately, as poetic as it is, I don't have faith in the Christian doctrine.

Last edited:
Personally I don't think he is God's son and all that bible stuff. (for me the bible is just a work of great fiction and mythology)

I think if he even existed, he was just a very nice person who thought too differently for his time. Plus I think he looks sexy. Yup.

I am not prepared to say Jesus was fictional. Jewish and a Zombie fits though.

What do you think about jesus?

Jesus was a hell of a ball player!

As for Jesus of Nazareth ... Jesus WAS, if at all.
It bothers me when people misuse the language of the English which allows for past, present, and future tenses and they misspeak by saying `Jesus is ...', unless, of course, they speaking about some modern day Hispanic person -- `Jesus' apparently being a `reserved word' in English speaking cultures.

Before I gave up Catholicism for lent in 6th grade I got to hear a lot of Jesus talk by folks who never met the man, if he ever existed as described.

If I want to hear or read stories about people who supposedly lived AT ALL, let alone over 2000 years ago I'd rather read about Siddhartha

Seems to me that modern day Buddhists are more Jesus-like in their deeds than titular, nominal, so-called `Christians' who may worship `Jesus' while living lives antithetical to what Jesus supposedly advocated.

Reactions: Kgal and Sriracha
It bothers me when people misuse the language of the English which allows for past, present, and future tenses and they misspeak by saying `Jesus is ...'
Actually, I believe they are speaking of what Jesus means to them today as in now. The experience of Jesus was one thing for people of his historic time, yet in some ways the same experience "is" still today. This is why the story resonates to deeply for so many even now....it is still happening.

Before I gave up Catholicism for lent in 6th grade I got to hear a lot of Jesus talk by folks who never met the man, if he ever existed as described.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Reactions: Kgal
It bothers me greatly when people assume that all Christians are the same in terms of behaviour/beliefs.

I stand amazed.

Reactions: middle1
It bothers me greatly when people assume that all Christians are the same in terms of behaviour/beliefs.
I agree....people just love to stereotype, one way or the other.

I stand amazed.
Me, too. In fact, I am more amazed than I was 40 years ago. I think I was, at some point, able to distance myself from the cultual familiarity we have with the Jesus story and see it through fresh eyes. Studying critical literary, linguistic, and historical analysis helped, but wow, for me it is hard to honestly escape the implications of what Jesus said, did, and brought into the human experience. Ambivalence makes little sense (nevermind hostility).

I am rather amazed when people think other's should hold their values. The collective body of the US is not 100% Christian. Disbelif is not ambivalence, it is a decision to not follow Christian dogma and not recognize the need or importance of "taking Jesus Christ and your personal savior".

Ambivalence makes little sense (nevermind hostility). Two way street again, especially if you consider being judgemental ambivalent

I am not prepared to claim Jesus was fictional--he could very well have been a real historical figure
He was Jewish--by all accounts and to my understanding, Jesus followed the Jewish faith.
He was a zombie--yea, this is a bit of a tweak on my part, but rising from the dead fits the definition.

I make no claims or comments about the "teachings" because it is not part of my nature to tear down anybody's actual beliefs. I did however give my opinion on the "person" aspect of Jesus.

Zombie? You are entitled to your opinion, but I could never see Jesus as a Zombie. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Negative vibes in TV-land. Zombie killers.

A visual, momentary sight of what is to be, though in human form for understanding; appearing here and there before going away from being seen on this earth......into the spiritual realm where time does not rule.

Arguing differences of belief may make little sense, and hostilities are non-productive in discussion like this. It would be best left alone. Too easy to be misunderstood. How about ambiguity? I am amazed with Jesus, and stand amazed at some of the things people will say. We all would be amazed at the things people do not say, think them as they may.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Two way street again, especially if you consider being judgemental ambivalent
Not certain where judgmentalism comes in....but surely the attitudes I mentioned exist within our culture concerning Jesus, and a few more...even fear! Personally, I am not sure exactly why (I could merely speculate) but it is so.

Disbelif is not ambivalence
Yes, I agree.

Last edited:
Such a loaded question. How I LOVE loaded questions! Was he real? I really don't know. Did he push biblical implications as a means of social control? ABSOLUTELY! They still work today, don't they?

Jesus is the Son of God, incarnate. And a personal relationship (spiritual) with Him will knock your socks off. :)

Reactions: VH
Jesus is the Son of God, incarnate. And a personal relationship (spiritual) with Him will knock your socks off. :)
You must spread around reputation before giving to Rita

I only read a few pages of this post, so don't know if this theory has been presented.

I used to think Jesus was a normal dude caught in extraordinary circumstances. That doesn't quit feel correct. Their is a legend of a "golden child" of middle eastern descent going to India as a teenager, then leaving in his 30's after studying their philosophical issues. I do not remember the source, sorry. Bible says nothing of Jesus from age 13 to his 30's.

To many philosophies to count in India really. Buddhism, Hinduism, Zarathustra. Not sure but wouldn't be surprised if Taoism, Shinto, Confucius and all that stuff was around 2000 years ago in that region.

A few seers over time, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, maybe the blue dude from India (maybe silver poisoning? if he wasn't a hybrid alien or something) embodied a World Spirit. By World Spirit I mean a higher conscious awareness.

I would think these seers all have the similar message. Love thy neighbor, we are one, forgive them they know not what they do.

In any case, being confronted with profound inner truth is to much. People will shoot the messenger. Jesus was martyred. Even Socrates willingly drank Hemlock, when people really just wanted him to chill out and shut up.

Religion jumped in and said I'll help, I'll meter out the truth to you so you can accept it. The bible was written over centuries to present Jesus in such a way that he is a central story. A son of god. A religious structure arranged the "truth", in turn had a legion of followers (for centuries), and made a few gold coins on the side. Why not?

My opinion, Jesus was a swell fellow, but the system and story built in his name has nothing to do with him. Just a fantastic story. It could have been written about Bill or Chris for all it matters. Side thought, I find Eucharist sounds very similar to You Are Christ.

I've heard some other ideas, interesting stuff I guess.

This song almost perfectly sums up how I feel about Jesus.

[video=youtube;xN0FFK8JSYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0FFK8JSYE[/video]

...not surprising since the song is specifically about the feeling of having a personal relationship with Jesus.

"All Around Me"

My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you
I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you

This fire rising through my being
Burning I'm not used to seeing you

I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing