Apr 4, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
no idea :)
What do you thinki about jesus?
what do you believe he was like?
do you understand his concepts?
do you believe his character was such a way as to be regarded Divine?
do you think he was really god in human form?

Reactions: myself
I think his philosophy is worthwhile and powerful however, it requires more strength of character than I could ever muster. I am not convinced he existed. He's strongly associated with humility which I find odd because he strikes me as rather arrogant and bold. I have opinions regarding the theology but I don't discuss those since I'm no longer a believer.

I think he was a great teacher, and a great human being. Anything beyond that I really don't know.

I think his philosophy is worthwhile and powerful however, it requires more strength of character than I could ever muster. I am not convinced he existed. He's strongly associated with humility which I find odd because he strikes me as rather arrogant and bold. I have opinions regarding the theology but I don't discuss those since I'm no longer a believer.

i think much of this arrogance was from reference to the God from his understanding to be Prime, Essential and nessesary in human life and living experience
Maybe his consciousness had been far more expanded than we could imagine, as we have never met such a Character Completely Objective to Selfishness and completely Subjective to Selflessness

His fundemental teachings please me enough though , love thy neibour and so forth :p

PEACE

Oops, I deleted my post instead of editing. o_O

I think he was a great teacher, and a great human being. Anything beyond that I really don't know.
Pretty much this. There's no way of knowing if he was really divine (even if I very highly doubt it). He was probably a normal human whose story got (very) improved over the years.

Yes. His position as the Son of God would imbue him with an extraordinary confidence. However, I was speaking of a more human arrogance. For example, the incident where he wandered away from his parents at twelve and was found preaching in the temple. When he was questioned on it. His reply was, "Did you not know I would be in my Father's house?" Now, we reading the text are supposed to interpret it as respect of his heavenly father. I just know that if I had responded to my parents like that as a child, I would have had it coming. When I attended Sunday school it always struck me as funny that they held him up as our model for behaviour because I knew I could never get away with his direct style.

I have found that if you read the Holy Bible from the perspective of a non-believer who has never been exposed to the official beliefs, many of the stories can be interpreted in a very different light.

Cool dude. Lots of good lessons. Was he the son of God? I can't say with any sort of resoluteness that I know for a fact, because I fear being arrogant making such an assertion, though I choose to believe he was. Although my faith does not remotely resemble what it was years ago, it is still somewhat intact. And at the very center of it, you'll find my undying respect for the person of Jesus.

I don't think about Jesus, I know that He is Lord.
He was like VERY cool.
His concepts were peace and love, how hard are they to comprehend? Obviously, the majority don't get it.
Jesus was born son of God. His journey can be followed by reading the New Testament.
Jesus and God are one in the same.:m096::m096:

I never once thought of Him as being arrogant. Still don't.

I never once thought of Him as being arrogant. Still don't.

I agree. How does an arrogant man wash the feet of 12 men, probably smelly and dirty after trekking in the desert that is the Middle East? How does an arrogant man humble Himself to die for everyone, with full knowledge He was dying for murderers and people others might consider "below" him?

Arrogance is an innate feeling of being "above" or "better than" another, whereas Jesus did the exact opposite of any act inspired by arrogance day-to-day.

Although I see the (in my opinion) flawed reasoning of considering Jesus' confident respect toward His mission and His Father arrogant, I must agree that the Bible read by a non-believer is nearly always interpreted in a different and perhaps less enlightened view.

Thanks for the discussion. :)

Last edited:
I love Jesus. I'd give him a ten on a scale of one to ten.

I'm reading through the whole Bible. I'm only on First Samuels, but intend to finish it this summer. I like Moses, and Abraham, and Joseph, and even minor fellas like Samson. I cry a lot when I'm reading the Bible. It's so amazing to think that this world finally, does, have meaning. If Jesus is God, and I think He is, this world is great, though vexing, paradoxical, and strange. It means something. And we all mean something.

That's part of the buy-in, but I love how beautiful the prose is throughout the Bible. It seems to meander along and then just explode into poetry.

Great guy with a lot of lessons to teach. History's my pass-time though; proof of anything beyond his character is non-existent.

Hes a concept humanity will never achieve

In the bible, not once did Jesus say he was the son of God.
That is Your misinterpretation.
If I told you that I was Jesus- You would have declined me.

Last edited:
I think that the majority of what I'd like to know about him would not be found in the bible and will probably never be known.

If I told you that I was Jesus- You would have declined me.

Have you read Eli? Same concept. I recommend it to all Christians, and non-Christians alike. Pretty good book.

A fiery car crash hurls TV journalist Conrad Davis into another world exactly like ours except for one detail

at first i thought this thread said "what do you think about jerks" and i was like "i hate jerks!" but then i realised it said jesus. to my understanding jesus is just a guy - but he's ok with me.