What can hold your interest for hours? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What can hold your interest for hours?

Thinking. I can sit and think for hours and hours. I usually write my thoughts down so I can remember what I was thinking about. I also enjoy talking to my buddy on the phone and we can talk for hours and it does not even seem like it was that long. I like talking with him because we get one another...

a girl

• my lifepartner
  • synthesizer programming
  • audio engineering
  • listening to music
  • reading a book
  • geeking out on a subject of interest
  • doing intensive research before a significant purchase
  • cinema
  • cooking
  • bicycling
  • discussions
  • Belgian ales
  • walking in nature in Autumn and Spring
  • my daydreams

cheers,
Ian

A good book

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Neuroscience
VBScripting/Shell scripting (If I am in the mood)
Philosophy
Psychology (As it relates to neuroscience)
Guitar

A really engaging film, especially if it's long . . .

- My best friends
- Reading
- The internet
- Video games
- Music
- Talking to people, generally, as long as I'm not the only one talking and the topics are interesting
- A good movie
- Writing

Reactions: rawr
Research: Research is almost like an addiction for me. I need to know everything about everything that interests me. I probably won't remember half of what I read, but I'll still deeply know the subject. I'll get the essence of whatever captivates my imagination, and connect to all the other things I find important, so whatever I learn stays a part of me. All of this thinking and gathering of concepts takes a long time.

Drawing: I'll draw a person, but then I'll be tempted to draw their family, or their friend, or thier house, or them in several different moods, etc... I just let my intuition take over, and just draw anything I feel like drawing. This also connects with....

Writing: Sometimes I write because I have a character in my mind, and I just come up with a life and situation for them. Mostly I wirte to understand what's going on in my head. If I can't understand how everything in my mind connects, usually it's because there are many pieces to the puzzle that need to be written down for reference. This can take a long time.

Codes/ Languages: I love coming up with my own codes and languages. It helps me understand other languages, but also gives me a sense of creative accomplishment.

Nature: If I were to go off exploring in the woods on my own, people might start worrying about me, since there would be nobody to complain and want to turn back. Nothing inspires me more than going somewhere I've never been before. Urban areas, too.

Music: Like many on this forum, and I guess like the majority of people, I spend a lot of time listening to music. I take hours to find new music, make playlists, learn about artists I like etc.

- The internet...it's not a good thing.
- Building something.
- A good friend.
- Solving a problem.